It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How To Signal your Moderate Bona Fides

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: NiNjABackflip

When a rationally minded moderate independent engages a partisan fanatic, it does seem to upset them. You seem upset.

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 07:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: NiNjABackflip
a reply to: CriticalStinker

What I find annoying is the concern trolling, actually. The "both sides are bad" argument is especially annoying. I have nothing against those who can not decide on a side, but those who refuse to on principle and lament those who do.

How many times have you said "both sides are bad" today?

I've said both sides are bad a few times today.

I've constantly said that's from a position of the politicians are more bad than most of the followers.

You're calling an ideology bad right now though. Kinda the same thing. Me and you are convicted on different angles.

You are staunch in your beliefs, likewise am I.

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 07:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: AnrkE

Notice that for a moderate its all about convicting someone off thought and speech crimes. Can't have anyone with elevated touchy feelies.

No I didn't notice that and I really don't understand what you mean. are you implying that asking you to write as much as you do, in one window, amounts to a thought or speech crime?

He has a few posts that are worth reading, but he posts alot, so I would advise skiping them. Like x, care, etc. Just wastes of data, and ultimately breath and skin...

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Interesting that your the OP, marvelously written by the way, could have been written by someone from either side of this political divide. I especially liked the manner in which you wrote the entire skreed from a first person concern troll point of view. Helps one really think about what is being said when the colors red and blue are absent. When the D and the R are absent from the ballot.

Yet what about those folks who truly think that ''both parties are the same" It is a simple enough position to take and as you suggest can be a cowards way of feigning involvement in the existential dilemma we face. However,could it also be pointing out a third option, one that at least has the hope of not being railroaded down already rutted paths of rehashed dogmas.

And certainly, Communism and Fascism are not the same. But in a world where so many believe them to be interchangeable, not knowing the difference between which authoritarian system is oppressing them might it not be ok to just address them as the same so that we can study the overarching nemesis of authoritarianism without having to deal with the color specifics so relied upon by both parties?

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: JasonBillung

We don't know who sent the bombs yet.

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Text

Notice that for a moderate its all about convicting someone off thought and speech crimes. Can't have anyone with elevated touchy feelies.

no I didn't notice that and am unsure of what you are saying. are you implying that asking you to write as much as you do, in one widow, amounts to a speech or that crime?

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Text

no I didn't notice that and am unsure of what you are saying. are you implying that asking you to write as much as you do, in one widow, amounts to a speech or that crime?

What you just wrote.

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 07:16 PM
link   

actually that was a post meant for you, that I accidently sent to ninja. Didn't you notice the put it all in one window thing?

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 07:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

Sure you do. Don't you?

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 07:19 PM
link   

actually that was a post meant for you, that I accidently sent to ninja. Didn't you notice the put it all in one window thing?

Why i said what I did?

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 07:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: JasonBillung

Sure you do. Don't you?

Nope. Whoever did it is an asshole.

Jared Loughner was a member on this site.

You can read his posts, I have. I didn't see any political affiliation, he was just a psycho.

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 07:22 PM
link   
ok I see what going on here now. I'm gonna have to say this thread is a complete S***show. Certain things are legal here now, and I would have to say this thread would melt my head before it was. get a grip folks

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 07:39 PM
link   

ok I see what going on here now. I'm gonna have to say this thread is a complete S***show. Certain things are legal here now, and I would have to say this thread would melt my head before it was. get a grip folks

Agree. And...

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 07:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: JasonBillung

Sure you do. Don't you?

Nope. Whoever did it is an asshole.

Jared Loughner was a member on this site.

You can read his posts, I have. I didn't see any political affiliation, he was just a psycho.

Take head, and move it out of... 😂

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 07:43 PM
link   

I assume you require cryptic or some how poetic answers? one at a time and one window at a time? sounds like futility. at the risk of acting like a moderate, I would say it's kinda like watching an immovable object, getting hit by an unstoppable force. sounds like a frustrating endeavour. happy now? savvy there bud?

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 07:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555

When a rationally minded moderate independent engages a partisan fanatic, it does seem to upset them. You seem upset.

The opposite of partisan is anti-partisan, which is the regnant position in totalitarian countries. Parties seem to scare people. You seem scared of partisanship.

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Is this satire?

I am looking at all of the passionate violence for just causes throughout just the last 200 years, yet here we are ... again. What did all of that violence accomplish? We are still ruled by the few, the powerful.

It isn't bad to be passionate for a worthwhile cause, but what is presented to us by our wonderful main stream media isn't worthwhile. Is is pure PC/SJW bull#. If you are getting emotional or even remotely buying into what they are selling, they have won.

They win with every eyeball glued to the boobtube. They win with every regurgitation of their twisted message. What we need to do is simply ignore them. Stop playing by their script. Start focusing our attention on the true roadblocks of freedom. The roadblocks the MSM will never cover, will never come close to even mentioning.

I see us as the winners when we are able to finally ignore their perverted message. If we allow them to move us to violence, we are so screwed.

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 07:55 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

I am of the belief that debate, no matter how divisive, is the antidote to extremism rather than its harbinger. The push and pull brings more balance than any unity, which, by the way, is a condition of theocratic and totalitarian countries. Governments that do away with one side or the other or even both for the purposes of unity and order will suppress dissent.

I believe in a healthy right and left. If the balance shifts too far one way it is imperative that we even the scale rather than step off it.

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 07:59 PM
link   

So if we have too much freedom, it will be necessary to invite tyranny into our lives for some imagined ideal of balance?

What do you think the battle between left vs right is actually about? Not at the political level but at the citizens level of reality.

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 08:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: ClovenSky
Is this satire?

I am looking at all of the passionate violence for just causes throughout just the last 200 years, yet here we are ... again. What did all of that violence accomplish? We are still ruled by the few, the powerful.

It isn't bad to be passionate for a worthwhile cause, but what is presented to us by our wonderful main stream media isn't worthwhile. Is is pure PC/SJW bull#. If you are getting emotional or even remotely buying into what they are selling, they have won.

They win with every eyeball glued to the boobtube. They win with every regurgitation of their twisted message. What we need to do is simply ignore them. Stop playing by their script. Start focusing our attention on the true roadblocks of freedom. The roadblocks the MSM will never cover, will never come close to even mentioning.

I see us as the winners when we are able to finally ignore their perverted message. If we allow them to move us to violence, we are so screwed.

It is satire, yes.

The point is we shouldn’t fear division. We should embrace it. If there was no division there would be no politics.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join