It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Big bad Bear photo

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: recrisp

I found that video on Youtube many years ago and did a screen shot of it , I was just wondering did any members here know if the two were related

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 10:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: and14263
a reply to: stonerwilliam

You should read this

Wow, interesting, it may well have been real.

I was going to say...............uh... I got nuttin

edit on 24-10-2018 by Plotus because: wow

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 10:04 AM
link   
I don't know about that, I don't know what is related and what's not, really.

I made a diagram to show what I mean.

Thanks!

Right-Click and View Image to see it full-size!
edit on 24-10-2018 by recrisp because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Nope,trick photo probably.Heck,shortfaced bears never came close to that size.Nice pic and thread,but never was there a brown bear that got big as that looks.Shortfaced bears were only about 15 feet standing on their hind legs IIRC,and they were the largest known bears,larger than brown or polar bears.

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Rather than jump jump jump and simply assume fakery, I'm just going to think that it's a really big bear next to a fairly small person.

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 07:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

I thought that it would be a good distraction for some of the members here to see what came up , The picture came from a now forgotten youtube video and the book title has long been forgotten by me but was old nearly 30 years ago .

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 06:39 AM
link   
a photo of a video on a monitor..... my favourite form of evidence... you don't happen to work for Skin Walker Ranch at all do you? lol

I'm gonna call BS and say some photoshop. Hell photo manipulation aint exactly a new and modern art.

Get the original picture and maybe we can have a discussion.

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 01:31 PM
link   
If the bear was a little bigger and the girl was a little smaller...

posted on Oct, 26 2018 @ 12:33 PM
link   
So to sum this thread up The Photo is a fake !

Who would have thought on the internet

thanks to all who popped by

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 07:57 AM
link   
And again photos of something unique and hard to believe things are poor quality.

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 08:36 AM
link   
a reply to: KoltzVonSteiner

Some people just seem to have too much time on their hands to fake things and muddy the waters of the internet for the real researchers out there .

I have been meaning to follow this picture up for over 10 years thinking it might be what i read about , and now i find that it was a fake

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 11:51 AM
link   
My searching lead me to this if anyone is interested you can search for more related links.

Bergman's Bear

posted on Dec, 1 2018 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Bears, in the past, have been extraordinarily large...

Bears through the ages.

So it's not beyond the realm of possibility that bears could, once in a very great while, get that way, again. I've seen some big ol' bruins in the Alaskan wilds, and every so often in the lower 48.

Whether this particular one was as big as made out, IDK. But the potential is still there.

posted on Dec, 1 2018 @ 03:29 PM
link   
It is not "forced perspective". The bears back leg clearly goes back behind the girls legs and across the other side of them. This is either total fakery photo editing (depends on date of creation).

or

It is simply a couple of kids looking at a brown bear that some relative killed (just as likely). Nothing about the people indicates that they aren't a couple of skinny little 5 year olds. Yeah, kids used to be skinny. There is a little bit of inherent false perspective just due to the closeness of the snout, but it was not intentional at the time of the photo if is just little kids.
edit on 1-12-2018 by Halfswede because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Fascinating! Looks like a real, old photo. Yes, the person casts a shadow. Not sure if it's a lady or a kid, or whoever, because it' not clear enough to say. Smaller person, likely, and yeah, one BIG bear. Doesn't look like the typical forced perspective photo, either. There have been, as some have already stated, really big bears, in the past, so it's not impossible that one could be that big now. Rare, perhaps, but possible. Some folks are too quick to dismiss everything.

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Big bears eat a lot.
Bears will eat you.

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Changed my mind, the picture is faked...
If that lady was only 4’9 that bear would still stand at over 18’ tall...
edit on 5-12-2018 by 5StarOracle because: Word

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 10:44 PM
link   
a reply to: recrisp
You’d be surprised at just how much “knock down” power rounds like the .45-70 and .50-90 sharps the later of which came in at a very stout nearly 3,000ft/lbs of energy granted they were pretty terrible in ballistic coefficient and had a ton of drop requiring much more skill to make long range hits but when you hityou hit HARD. As far as your shooting
anecdote all I have to say is cool story bro with a huge helping of sarcasm.

If the picture is genuine and not a trick of perspective that thing is crazy, looks like it belongs in Kirby Arkansas bit of a meme around here because of the giant animals that have been hunted in the area like the massive hog that was bagged last year that weighed a massive 820 pounds.
www.arkansasonline.com...

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 10:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: and14263

You should read this

big!

When measured, the bear was 340 kg (749 lbs) and 2.7 m (8.85 ft) tall.

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 10:59 PM
link   
a reply to: SeaWorthy

My grandfather worked for the USGS. Helped chart Alaska.

Are Kodiac bears just really big grizzle bears?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join