It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Which bathroom should this person use?

page: 19
<< 16  17  18   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2018 @ 08:34 AM
link   
a reply to: AthlonSavage

Throughout history, there have been Men who have been Transvestites/crossdressers.

The proclivity is not simply going to disappear.

posted on Oct, 26 2018 @ 08:38 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Agreed. Why would anyone actually want them to disappear? Why all the hostility and intolerance?

in my experience, guys that have a problem with this sort of thing are not as certain about their own sexuality as they might be, if you get my drift.
edit on 26-10-2018 by oldcarpy because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-10-2018 by oldcarpy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2018 @ 08:45 AM
link   
a reply to: oldcarpy

For some people it's not even about sexuality apparently, but just what makes them feel comfortable.

In my experience, it is easier to simply live and let live.

That being said i don't imagine i would be too chuffed if my boy decided that's what floats his boat but i suppose it takes all sorts to make our world spin.
edit on 26-10-2018 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2018 @ 08:52 AM
link   

True. You have to wonder why it makes some folk so uncomfortable, though.

posted on Oct, 26 2018 @ 08:54 AM
link   
My son would look awful in a dress, he's a 6'2 prop forward rugby player. I'd be devastated if he had gender issues because he would stick out like a sore thumb dressed as a woman.
Lots of trans people in my area though because people are very tolerant here. Nobody points and stares or anything because the rest of the community would come to the defence of the trans person.

posted on Oct, 26 2018 @ 09:01 AM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

I was going to post a reply about dancing to Gloria Gaynor together but thought better of it.

posted on Oct, 26 2018 @ 09:11 AM
link   

My wee man is only 5 and always had a thing for blondes with big boobs, so i think i might be ok there.

To be honest, i don't really come across that many trans persons, or maybe i do but simply do not pay that much attention.

The toilet issue is simple through, you use the one that makes you and everyone else feel comfortable, do your business and move along, just like the other gadgies.

edit on 26-10-2018 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2018 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
The toilet issue is simple through, you use the one that makes you and everyone else feel comfortable, do your business and move along, just like the other gadgies.
That's how it works here mate, you said it first in this thread, if someone looks like duck, and quacks like a duck then they use the toilet for ducks.
Public toilets are potentially unsafe places from rapist men anyway, I would never let my child go unaccompanied, and if I was a woman I'd go with a mate, just in case. Trans women would be the least of my worries compared to regular cis male rapists out there.

@oldcarpy "I will survive" you know I love my gay anthems lmao!

posted on Oct, 26 2018 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Thing on the News last night - a local Uni Student Union apparently has a Men's Officer, a Women's Officer and a Trans Officer. FFS. Why not just have one bloody Student Officer? and what about all the poor LGB whatever students?

posted on Oct, 26 2018 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: oldcarpy

A woman may not feel comfortable discussing personal sexual or medical issues with a male Student Union official and vice-versa.

Then again i can see your point to a fashion.

posted on Oct, 26 2018 @ 11:13 AM
link   

I bet it's difficult to recruit a qualified trans person for the trans specific job, not like they make up a big percentage of the workforce is it. Most I know are on the sick with depression.

posted on Oct, 26 2018 @ 12:04 PM
link   

I would not know mate, i honestly could not tell you one person i know that has the condition.

My Mum used to serve a few of them in House of Fraser. Apparently, they like Prada and Gucci clobber somewhat and were always decked out to the nines and turned out well.

Rather expensive tastes if they are all on the sick with depression if you ask me.

To be honest just like with everyone else they are probably happy and sad, rich and poor people that are trans/transvestite, just like with the rest of us.

posted on Oct, 26 2018 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Big percentage with depression mate, in a previous career life I dealt professionally with the community on behalf of the local authority. Anecdotal of course but if you google it they suffer lots of issues which we don't face and it does take its toll on emotional well being.
I like living in a tolerant place though, lots move here for that reason.

new topics

top topics

<< 16  17  18   >>

join