It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Which bathroom should this person use?

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 09:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: oldcarpy
a reply to: C0bzz

That's all a bit beyond me, I'm afraid. Especially when it's nearly pub o'clock.

Lol, the US is a bit extreme about the whole thing anyway, they can't even call a toilet a toilet for some prudish reason, bathroom, restroom?! I've never seen a bath in say a McDonalds toilets and I've never gone into one for a rest.
I've certainly never seen roving bands of trans people stalking toilets anywhere, such drama queens in this thread, I say again, if someone looks like a duck, quacks like a duck, then they use the duck's toilet.

I think it is religious fear more than anything, it's not even a debate in the UK, people go for a piss in the toilet that best suits how they are appearing. Public toilets are potentially unsafe at the best of times from rapey males, never mind rapists wearing a dress as a disguise, drama and silliness is all I see reading this thread.

I think a few people posting here need to check their watch and realise pub o'clock could be a good idea to chill out.

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 09:19 AM
link   
a reply to: oldcarpy

My contention is that:

- What causes transgender women to commit criminal acts likely differs from the reasons men commit criminal acts, even though in some cohort groups the overall rate may be similar.
- This is because transgender women are not men (surprise!).
- With improving support, transgender people commit less crime.
edit on 25/10/18 by C0bzz because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 09:21 AM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

Wise words, indeed. A lot of Yanks on here seem to get worked up about nothing.

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 09:35 AM
link   
A transgender woman is a male to female transition. A transgender Man is a female to male transition, but I understood what you meant, just clarifying the terms.

With improving support, transgender people commit less crime.
You could say that about any section of society involved in crime. The overwhelming majority of rapists in the world are cis males though, not men wearing a dress to sneak into female toilets. They just hang about waiting to see someone lone go in then do their raping. No need for a disguise, the whole debate is just over the top drama queen bull# as far as I see it.

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Depends

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Which bathroom?

Depends.

Eta: just when i thought nobody else had bothered to say it.
edit on 25-10-2018 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 09:49 AM
link   
I've been thinking of a business idea that will solve this ruckus.

Four words:

Mobile luxury toilet app

I'll call it Poober or something.

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 11:13 AM
link   

You bring up an excellent point about contradictory studies, which has become an issue in and of itself. Too often, studies are touted for their results, only to have the methodology faulted, or for the results to be represented as causation rather than correlation, or it raises more questions than answers, or for subsequent studies to not be able to replicate the same results, etc.

Thanks to the intolerance and refusal of the trans activists to accept any deviance from their "truths," including bullying and intimidation to anyone daring to question their narrative, this is an especially big problem with trans issues, which of necessity includes any and all gender studies.

For example: Academics are Being Harassed Over Research into Trans Issues

I would expect though that as women's roles have evolved and changed, so too have their attitudes and priorities and coping skills and defense mechanisms and so on.

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Middleoftheroad

How about whichever doesn't make me, wife, daughter, son UNcomfortable.

Madness to expect the many to change their lives for the few.

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 11:31 AM
link   

I think there is more to it than you realize: UNISEX CHANGING ROOMS PUT WOMEN AT DANGER OF SEXUAL ASSAULT, DATA REVEALS

Personally, I would still much prefer unisex bathrooms to forcing men into ladies' rooms and other private spaces.

Looks can be deceiving. Looking like a duck doesn't guarantee the behavior of a duck.

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 12:28 PM
link   
It all depends...er, I mean they should use Depends...oops forgot Mandela effect..."Depend"s.

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 12:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals
Which bathroom?

Depends.

Eta: just when i thought nobody else had bothered to say it.
Oh poo...I like yours better.(that's what she said)
Oh, and if it's poo does it matter which bathroom?

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea
Oh I've seen that article and nowhere does it state that transgender people were the perpetrators. Therefore it is likely the crimes were committed by the usual overwhelming suspects, cis males.
This thread is not about mixed gender changing rooms such as at sports centres, it is about trans people using toilets and which is appropriate for who, as the person in the OP who should clearly use the mens toilet.
So yes, if it looks like a duck...
...or come back to me showing stats of trans people raping women as a particular problem.

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Ahhh... So you did know that there is debate in Britain.

You probably also understand that from a woman's standpoint, rape is rape, and we really don't care if the rapist is wearing men or women's clothing before, during or after the crime. I'm not sure why you think it makes a difference.

There are plenty of examples of men identifying as trans who have raped women both in and out of private spaces. It is a particular problem.

There is in fact one study (Swedish, I believe) which found nearly all men convicted of a violent sex crime likes to dress like women... So there's that.

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Oh okay, interesting points.
On-topic though, the person in the OP should use the mens toilet obviously.
Or while looking solely at that point do you disagree?

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 01:32 PM
link   

I'm really not sure what I think.... At least beyond knowing that bio men do not belong in the ladies' room.

Maybe we need more single-occupancy and unisex facilities for anyone and everyone who needs a different option.
edit on 25-10-2018 by Boadicea because: Deleted redundant words

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 01:48 PM
link   
I've searched long and hard, maybe google is broken because I've used many search terms, but I can't find any reports of trans people or men disguised in dresses attacking women in public toilets.
You seem more skilled finding stats etc, if you can show me the status quo in Britain is dangerous to women in toilets with trans people using the duck choice because they quack like a duck then I'm open to change my opinion.
...right now I think it is drama over nothing.
Oh, and stats regarding toilets, not sports centre changing rooms, stats which have perpetrators who are declared trans, not the overwhelming majority of rapists which are cis males wearing male clothing.

...so you sit on the fence about the OP as well? I assert the person pictured should use the toilet that I use, the male one, and presumably they would use a cubicle with a lockable door and actually sit on the toilet to piss.
edit on 25-10-2018 by CornishCeltGuy because: Added "with a lockable door"

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy
I've searched long and hard, maybe google is broken because I've used many search terms, but I can't find any reports of trans people or men disguised in dresses attacking women in public toilets.

There may not be any stats or reports to fit your very narrow criteria; i.e., rape specifically and not other sex offenses such as filming, must be in a public bathroom rather than a private bathroom, and in a bathroom specifically as opposed to any private spaces for women such as shelters and locker rooms, and the rapist must be wearing women's clothing at the time so it doesn't count if he crossdresses other times...

Just the law of averages tells us that the number of trans offenders will be lower than the number of "cis" offenders. For my purposes, it doesn't matter. One is too much no matter how they identify.

Sexual offenders also tend to escalate their criminal behavior. They may start as a peeping Tom or obscene phone caller... Then move up to flashing or taking pictures up skirts... Might then move to date rape drugs... Or heaven only knows what.

Sex offenses are often crimes of opportunity. Sex offenders will make the most of whatever opportunities present themselves. There is no virtue in handing them those opportunities on a silver platter.

...right now I think it is drama over nothing.

Okay. But I think the drama queens are the ones forcing themselves where they don't belong.

...so you sit on the fence about the OP as well? I assert the person pictured should use the toilet that I use, the male one, and presumably they would use a cubicle with a lockable door and actually sit on the toilet to piss.

I just can't go there... I'm too scared for bio women in mens bathrooms -- no matter how they looks. Too many men would enjoy "teaching them a lesson" or "making an example of them" or some other idiot excuse for being violent bullies. Maybe they could hold their own, but the odds are against them.

So I keep going to a third option for trans persons and everyone that needs an alternative.

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 03:33 PM
link   
So just opinion based then? It's okay if that is all you have.
Come back at me with studies which the UK may not have, or may have, experience of.
Your world seems crazy to me, full of irrational fear about trans people.
edit on 25-10-2018 by CornishCeltGuy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy
So just opinion based then? It's okay if that is all you have.
Come back at me with studies which the UK may not have, or may have, experience of.

I've already provided resources for the points I was making... If you want something else, you'll have to do your own due diligence. I hope there never will be any such stats, because that would mean someone was hurt.

Your world seems crazy to me, full of irrational fear about trans people.

Then it's your own selective hearing. I've consistently referred to bio men in general -- no matter how they identify -- and sex offenders in general -- no matter how they identify.

And I just said I was afraid for the trans men (but bio women) being assaulted in the men's room by men.

I'm concerned about women's safety and protection from bio men -- I don't care how anyone identifies. And that includes protecting women's private spaces from men -- all men no matter how they identify.

You are the one who keeps focusing on and making trans distinctions and exceptions.

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19 >>

join