It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brexit will not happen

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 06:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Masterjaden

Respectfully, that is a truly selfish way to view the world. To not help your fellow man is a terrible way to treat them.

But let's say they do overthrow their government. What if, say in Greece, the Golden Dawn takes power and begins subjugating their own people?

We shouldn't be turning away from each other, we should be helping.

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 06:14 AM
link   
a reply to: lakenheath24

It is more similar than you give credit. The various states here might as well speak different languages. Our cultures here differ wildly, from the plains of Kansas to the streets of New York.

California and Texas both have made statements about leaving our union.

But should division be made real and more borders drawn up to complicate things? No. This is an age where we need unity more than ever before.

Not just for us in the present, but for our future generations.

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 06:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: BenignChaos
a reply to: lakenheath24

It is more similar than you give credit. The various states here might as well speak different languages. Our cultures here differ wildly, from the plains of Kansas to the streets of New York.

California and Texas both have made statements about leaving our union.

But should division be made real and more borders drawn up to complicate things? No. This is an age where we need unity more than ever before.

Not just for us in the present, but for our future generations.

Did the 13 Colonies not want to be ruled by London in 1776 ?

The U.K. does not want to be ruled by Brussels after 2019.

You had your war, no we are having ours.

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 06:24 AM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

I hope it doesn't come to warfare.

Has the human race not endured enough division and warfare? We all share the same biology in the grand scheme of things, do we not?

Problems can be overcome without inflicting more division upon ourselves. What good are borders to our other animal kin?

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 06:25 AM
link   
a reply to: BenignChaos

I hope it doesn't come to warfare

It has already.

A War Of Words.

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 06:37 AM
link   

A war of words can still be solved with words. A war of weapons is the failure of those words.

Are there not enough cemeteries of the dead who fought? Don't we owe them a world of unity for the sacrifice they have made?

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 06:44 AM
link   

A war of words can still be solved with words.

A war of words can be resolved by agreeing with the democratic decision made by the people of The U.K. in 2016, that we are leaving The E.U. in 2019.

Unfortunately some don't want the democratic process to be adhered to.

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 07:09 AM
link   

So the calls for another refurendum should just be ignored, despite the fact quite a few who voted Yes later came out and said they regretted their decision? Should their voice be ignored?

Very Democratic.

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Yes. There was a democratic vote. Peeps need to deal with it.

Having do overs becuse a vocal minority dont like the decision is not democratic.

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 07:15 AM
link   

So the calls for another refurendum should just be ignored, despite the fact quite a few who voted Yes later came out and said they regretted their decision? Should their voice be ignored?

Very Democratic.

And how about those who voted to stay in The E.U. who would now vote to leave, after seeing how The E.U. is taking the piss?

it works both ways.

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Let the people have another vote then, it should not matter right? Maybe both sides have people wanting to switch. It would be undemocratic to let their voices fall upon death ears.

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Let the people have another vote then, it should not matter right?

Then what happens if there is a slim vote to remain , two referendums one vote is leave the second remain .... best out of three wins ?

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Let the people have another vote then,

Did you ask for another vote after Trump won the 2016 election ?

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 08:08 AM
link   

To be fair there is a difference , a President is for 4 years Brexit is for keeps.

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Let the people have another vote then, it should not matter right? Maybe both sides have people wanting to switch. It would be undemocratic to let their voices fall upon death ears.

So how does that work you keep having votes until you get one you like? that doesn't sound very democratic that in fact sounds like rigging the vote. I see how both are an advantage and its a tough decision. But i wil say Brits loose billions of pounds a year to support the EU. I would think if they took that money and invested it in Britain instead of paying for countries like Greece would be a huge advantage. Also allows them to create trade deals with countries like the US that could be a huge advantage. However the major drawback is they lose free access to the EU. So trade becomes more expensive and well there's Northern Ireland are they going to build a wall? will this reignite groups in Ireland?

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 08:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

To be fair there is a difference , a President is for 4 years Brexit is for keeps.

Electing a U.S President is very important. It determines the direction The U.S. will take during the following 4 years. Looking at posters on ATS it has caused major conflicts.

As for leaving The E.U. it is not for keeps. The U.K. can apply to rejoin at any time.

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 08:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: lakenheath24
Yes. There was a democratic vote. Peeps need to deal with it.

Having do overs becuse a vocal minority dont like the decision is not democratic.

TPTB love this type of attitude. They can just manufacture some outrage and demand a revote on any issue that they feel the people got wrong.

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 08:25 AM
link   

. Sure and then after that vote let’s have another

And then another after that

And I guess the week after that we will need another

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Unless you appoint a self aggrandizing authoritarian to rule the world.

a reply to: Grambler

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 09:00 AM
link   
a reply to: fusiondoe

I actually am right there with you and have said as much to other people. I voted Brexit and believe we should leave when the two years are up come what may, yes even if it means a no deal because we'd have the rest of the world to trade with, the EU will still want trade and it'll come at a price but the trade from their side would also cost them, people don't seem to remember that but yes I do think Brexit won't happen and here is how - May will pretend to push for this deal or that deal and then when they can't come to one I think either as her last act as PM, because she will not survive Brexit not matter what happens, I think as her last act she will come back and say to us Brits, "It cannot happen. We have tried everything we have and we cannot separate our countries as easily as we thought so I think the best thing to do is to remain as we were" and then she'll take one for the team and be booted out OR she, again as her last act as PM she will take the vote back to the people, I know she has said that she will carry out the will of the people but I do not believe she means it.

So yeah I think Brexit will not happen and if doesn't happen from this day forward I'll be giving my vote to UKIP or any new party that Nigel Farage starts up. I voted Brexit for reasons that are easily understood by most people with a single numbered IQ and want it to happen as a complete break with no ties so we can trade with the rest of the world (where the majority of the planets trading is done by the way) but I don't see it happening.

Final point - To those commenting and claiming that the EU is keeping countries from going to war - have you looked outside your window lately? Have you see the state of the EU and the people within it? No, the EU didn't and hasn't been keeping the peace and it is a straight up lie to say they do. They would only stop a war between two member states if it was for their benefit otherwise they would claim it is internal affairs you only have to look at how certain countries within the EU have been treating their own people and the lack of action from the EU to see how they would act in a war. So please don't give me the EU saves the day BS. Remember where the plan for a Europe under one rule started and how similar the plans seem to be.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join