It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

smart watch for android.. recommendations?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 07:25 PM
link   
does anyone know anything about smart watches for android?

i know nothing about one except i want to get one.
dude at work has one and we were in a meeting the other day and he was scoping out texts through the watch.

i deont want that fit bit check your heart bull#.
i want to be able to receive a text. sending one would be a bonus.
can you take a call or see who is calling though those?
if so that would be great too.

anything past that is a bonus. i am just starting my search but know nothing about them at all.

any help is much appreciated it
thank you

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

www.techradar.com...

Here you go.
edit on 16-10-2018 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 07:28 PM
link   
boom

thank you kind sir

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 07:32 PM
link   
im so stupid. i dont really get how it works

www.amazon.com...

ticwatch pro

so you just pair it with your phone and when a text comes through you can view it on the watch?

that simple

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Can't say really, i don't wear a watch because i carry a smartphone, one technology kind of superseding the other.

Well that and the fact that i have skinny little wrists directly unproportionate to the rest of my body. LoL

But i image the device pair in the same manner as your phone pairs with your PC.
edit on 16-10-2018 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 07:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

Can't say really, i don't wear a watch because i carry a smartphone, one technology kind of superseding the other.

Well that and the fact that i have skinny little wrists directly unproportionate to the rest of my body. LoL

But i image the device pair in the same manner as your phone pairs with your PC.

it would be much more convenient at work especially if the watch vibrates a bit.

i work in a foundry so sometimes i am on the floor and i cant hear my phone.

my wife just went back to work so i need to be able to know if i am getting a call from the school cause of our daughter in case my wife cant be reached.
my mom is on the list as well so if it is a situation where i can not be reached she can get there and call/text me whats up.

i cant carry the phone in my hand but something on my wrist is much easier to notice or check.

thats why i dont care about all the million other things.

take texts. make them as well hopefully
receive and place a call and i am good

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 07:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears
im so stupid. i dont really get how it works

www.amazon.com...

ticwatch pro

so you just pair it with your phone and when a text comes through you can view it on the watch?

that simple

I believe last year I got my mom a Samsung smartwatch for either her birthday or Christmas. She is old so I had to set it up for her.
Here is what I had to do. On hers I turned on the watch and went to pairing. Then on her phone I did the same thing. BAM paired. Then on the watch it started asking questions about what kind of info and alerts the watch can receive.
When she receives a text she can respond by telling the watch what to say. And I believe she can also answer and make calls but don’t me to that. I remember it being a fairly simple procedure.
Good luck dude

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Each to there own mate and needs must.

Like i said i have funky wrists, but obviously there is a market for the device hence their existence.

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 07:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

Each to there own mate and needs must.

Like i said i have funky wrists, but obviously there is a market for the device hence their existence.

well i have fat wrists cause i have a big piece.
sorry my friend

edit on 16-10-2018 by TinySickTears because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 07:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Allaroundyou

easy enough

thats what i need

namaste and all that

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Just released Huawei GT

Has 2-Week Battery Life.

Web Site

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 08:08 AM
link   
It´s funny to see how on a former conspiracy website slaves are discussing about the best chains to buy.

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 06:25 AM
link   
a reply to: DerBeobachter

Well, that's how "They" got us to take the mark of the beast after all.

They did not force it upon us "They" simply offered it to us and told us we want it.

End of the day true anonymity has been dead since the inception of the information age in which we now live, meta information being the female dog that she is.

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 11:18 PM
link   
I bought one today as a Xmas gift and while playing about with the watch it was super easy and for $ 20 , little does the little twat who is getting it realise it will be used to track them

Anything that says SMART is for dummies

I got a new smart phone today

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 03:21 AM
link   
a reply to: stonerwilliam

i am going to order the ticwatch e in a little while

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 02:40 PM
link   

I am just getting into Android again , i had a blackberry for ages after i lost my last android and it did all i needed in a phone i just call and text , then i got a Nokia on windows and yes i thought it was easy to use and all but windows fkd it up again

www.abovetopsecret.com...

So i purchased a Japanese phablet on E bay and a smart watch for about $ 140 bucks and wow i am impressed all this cast to TV and all
my sister came in for a coffee last night with her £ 1200 -$ 1600
i phone x and was blown away by what i got new for peanuts you see what i did there .

As a working guy i would buy a cheap one for work and keep a good one for playing as some of those watches are crazy priced at 2-3 hundred bucks

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 03:39 PM
link   
i ordered it

last week when i put it in the cart it was 120 but it was 90 bucks today.

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 04:02 PM
link   

You must be a rich sod that's about £ 60 of those English pounds

join