It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Only a few seasons left -,. Simpsons

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Watching the Simpsons now, really just to get to Bob's burger's(not bad) and the new family guy(the best of the rest.....?)

Seems pretty typically lame in the current events/political message department.

How much longer do they have left?

There is so much better out there, even better from the creators themselves.

You have futurama at the top of the pile and that's from groening himself.

Seth does a better job at this point with family guy at being funny and relevant.

Bob's burgers is just funnier, without any of the "required depth" that most shows seek.

Then you have south park doing better social commentary.

Not to mention shows like paradise PD that do shock and humor better.

Seems like Simpsons is the bottom of the pile. I'd almost be ashamed of it if I was groening.

Even his new Netflix series disenchanted is better.

Just take this show out back and put a bullet in it.

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 07:32 PM
link   
a reply to: MisterSpock

They should've quit when they started going downhill.. IMO that was in 2003

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 07:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: scojak

They should've quit when they started going downhill.. IMO that was in 2003

Sure, we could argue about the peak, but what I'm saying is the decline is obvious..at what point do you just abort this thing.

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 07:35 PM
link   
I think even groening knows that futurama is the one that should have survived, but tv exec's are stupid.

Exhibit A, firefly.....case closed.

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 07:37 PM
link   

15 years ago, AKA ASAP.

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 07:40 PM
link   
a reply to: scojak

South park had a few declining years but came back, so I could see why a network would hesitate. In this case though, it's been a solid decade of mediocrity.

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Simpsons was good for it's time, but now, not so much. Futurama is my all time favorite animated series, and it isnt even close. So many great episodes, great characters, and when it ended it almost brought a tear to my eye.
edit on pm1010201818America/Chicago14p07pm by annoyedpharmacist because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 07:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: annoyedpharmacist
Simpsons was good for it's time, but now, not so much. Futurama is my all time favorite animated series, and it isnt even vlose. So many great episodes, great characters, and when it ended it almost brought a tear to my eye.

Yes, futurama is the high water mark. Which is ironic to me considering both are groening shows.

There must be an award for, at one time, having both the best and worst animated show at the same time.

I blame nameless, brainless network exec's for choosing the latter.

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 07:46 PM
link   
I haven’t watched the Simpsons since I was a kid. I used to love it. I wonder how Bart is doing now, he must be in high school by now. As long as people are making it, why not keep it going? Don’t watch it if you don’t like it ! I think that is the reoccurring, go to answer around here. If you don’t like it don’t read it, don’t watch it, don’t do it, don’t say it, etc... and if we’re willing to get rid of it because you don’t like it, then there are a lot of things we should get rid of in my humble opinion, maybe I’ve named a few! I say keep the Simpsons going for eternity.

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 07:47 PM
link   

I agree, cancelling in 2003 would've been stupid at the time. Even with mediocre content, it was such an amazing show they knew they would profit for years even with declining ratings.

At least the South Park creators are trying to end its run. Quitting might be the first thing The Simpsons didn't do first.

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 07:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: scojak

I agree, cancelling in 2003 would've been stupid at the time. Even with mediocre content, it was such an amazing show they knew they would profit for years even with declining ratings.

At least the South Park creators are trying to end its run. Quitting might be the first thing The Simpsons didn't do first.

South park seems to at least found their weekly serial attitude back, as far as lambasting the latest news/social trends.

I think the whole candle southpark thing is an attempt to get out of their contract with a #ty SJW crap media network(comedy central).

Maybe they want to go direct internet video or some sort of premium service with more freedom.

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Bring back The Critic!

Was another show too smart, and too ahead of its time crunched by the Simpsons train

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Ha thought I was the only one feeling that me and my gf lately been like # the Simpsons.

I already jumped ship for Bobby Burgers.

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 11:27 PM
link   
I haven’t even gave the Simpson’s a try in at least a decade, neither has my brother and he was a huge Simpsons fan. I’m not impressed with enchanted either haven’t been able to make it more than 3 episodes in I’ve tried but it just makes me want to watch Futurama. Personally always preferred American Dad to Family Guy.

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 01:47 AM
link   
This is depressing... no rick and morty love going on..

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 02:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Parishna
This is depressing... no rick and morty love going on..

Do we look like a bunch of hipsters?!?!?😜
I kid, love me some R&M

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Out of all those adult animation, I always appreciated King of the Hill most. I enjoy Judge's films as well - perhaps my favorite comedy writer/director. Some of the crew from KotH works on Bob's Burgers and the influence is obvious.

Family Guy is still around? Geez I am out of touch with all that.

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 09:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: DictionaryOfExcuses

Out of all those adult animation, I always appreciated King of the Hill most. I enjoy Judge's films as well - perhaps my favorite comedy writer/director. Some of the crew from KotH works on Bob's Burgers and the influence is obvious.

Family Guy is still around? Geez I am out of touch with all that.

KOTH is a classic, any of y’all check out Big Mouth on Netflix? I think it’s hilarious, they just relaeased the 2nd season a few weeks back.

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 09:59 PM
link   
One of my favorites.

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Holy crap, The Simpsons is still on?? I haven't watched it (religiously anyway) since the Treehouse of Horror 13 episode, and that was what, '01? '00? I mean, I knew it was still going at least around 2010, I didn't realize it was still going today.

So many seasons of good one-liners, at least in the early ones. I did catch an episode a number of years after I quit watching, I think it was called "Bart Has Two Mommies". The reference to Rod & Todd Flanders as Nimrod and Nimtodd cracked me the hell up, big time

top topics

<<   2 >>

join