It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US needs a space force because Russia is ahead on it, Trump says

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 01:42 AM
link   
Well, I was unsure of where to place this thread. Space Exploration.... Hmm no, World War Three.....maybe but I thought ti better placed here as it covers my thoughts on the subject and other thoughts around the haste a which the US is preparing for this Space Force.

Obviously there have been a number of incidents lately that lead to conclude that something odd is happening in space.

The recent shutdown of solar observatories, Telescopes on earth being shutdown, Telescopes in space heading into "safe mode" and the recent abort of Souyez Rocket all triggers for my post.

I believe we are gearing up for something and Russia and China are the scapegoat for our eagerness to militarize space. All the signs are there and the public are lapping it up.

1. Above odd coincidences
2. "It's very popular," Trump described the concept. "One of the biggest applause I get wherever I go is when I talk about the Space Force."
3. Russia are not considering a "Space Force"
4. Nor is China?
5. They know something.

Call me paranoid, but things are starting to line up. But hey.....probably all coincidence yeah?

Keen as ever on his idea of creating an American fighting force in space, US President Donald Trump has said it's a necessity for Washington, because its perceived top adversaries – Russia and China – are beating it to the punch.

Trump was speaking at one of his Make America Great Again rallies, this time in Richmond, Kentucky. He was boasting about his record $700bn+ military budgets that would "fully rebuild the American military," and decided to top it off with a promotional line for the Space Force, whose creation is already underway. "It's very popular," he described the concept.

"One of the biggest applause I get wherever I go is when I talk about the Space Force." He then proceeded to explain why it's such a necessary thing: because those the US defense establishment calls its 'main adversaries' have a head start.

RT LINK

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 01:49 AM
link   
So you think it got to do with aliens and UFO´s ?
I believe it have to do with whoever controls the skies control the land beneath it.
And if US got a laser that can make a head explode from space.. well you prob just gonna stay down in a bunker or do as they say

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 02:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Spacespider

I'm not sure to be honest.

The latest communication from NASA regarding any of the recent problems experienced by themselves are pitiful. The crappy excuses surrounding the Observatory incidents are laughable. There is so much that cannot and has not been explained regarding any of the odd happenings I'm starting to think there IS something behind it all.

I haven't even begun to include the Space rovers.....but.....

Sunspot Observatory plus 6 other "Observatories" Offline
Chandra x-ray - Offline
Hubble - Offiline
Spirit Opportunity Mars Rover - "Sand storm" - Offline
Curiosity Rover - Silent/no data transfer - Offline
Souyez

edit on 14-10-2018 by CaptainBeno because: Content

edit on 14-10-2018 by CaptainBeno because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 02:10 AM
link   
Pretty sure this has to do with placing satellites,orbital and suborbital,to attack other satellites and or earth targets rathen than ufos

a new cold war in space if you will

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 02:12 AM
link   
a reply to: CaptainBeno

I think if there was a aggressive alien race at our doorsteps we would stand as one against it, side by side.
I do not think US would be all "here, hold my beer" while the whole world is in danger

And If there where to come a huge EMP from the sun.. putting things in space would be the last thing you want.
And if it relates to shutting down all those places and rovers.. it gonna happen within days or weeks, because we cannot predict solar flares in the far future.. can we even predict them ?

edit on 14-10-2018 by Spacespider because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 02:59 AM
link   
Anyone remember SDI during the Reagan years?
It supposedly never got off the ground (pun intended)

However, and I have no hard proof other than anecdotal stories, which if are to be believed, during the RR years, we placed several launch platforms w/ nukes into orbit. Supposedly the space shuttles made many more trips than officially reported.
I tend to believe this b/c the placing/staging is, well, the best on earth (pun intended AGAIN, I'm 2 for 2!).

Anyone remember a vehicle mounted energy beam gun that would knock a man down? Why wouldn't we (USA) make a bigger version of that and put it into orbit? It would incapacitate a city.

And, call me a sci-fi buff, but if we were experimenting w/ lasers that could knock out a missle, why not use said laser from orbit to kill targets?

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 03:01 AM
link   
Putting effort into space exploration and research will have many positive benefits for society as we discover new technologies and learn more about the mysteries of our universe.

I don’t believe there is really an enemy to be fought, however, putting a “space force” under a military budget instead of a scientific one creates a more stable stream of funding than NASA.

edit on 2018/10/14 by Metallicus because: Sp

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Sooooooo, we're back to the bloody Russians again?

Aren't they the reason the US had to get Old Glory on the moon in the first place back in the late 60's?

Isn't that what Kubrick was engaged to present to humanity?

You know, I'm starting to think the US would be screwed without their favourite boogieman to deflect to.

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 03:14 AM
link   
The aliens, after having observed us for centuries and probed us for interests but getting it so terrible wrong, are now combined in their opinions. No longer will they fight in factions against each other, dedicated to either helping or ruling over us. No more will there be a lonesome wanderer, visited for science, after a hard nioght drinking shine with the good ol' boys at a shindig. No longer shall there be mutilated cows, because we all love hamburgers, and nothing says a good cut of meat than a light year long hunger, but now the steaks are higher than ever. *bad pun*

They've seen events of late. They formed a union. And they've concluded...

"You lot are a bunch of [snipped]. We're coming down there and sort you all out, innit. Shut up and get back to what we told you. Bloody humans... can't trust 'em these days."

At least we should get some good burger recipes, if not the anal probing of a life time..

edit on 10.14.2018 by Kandinsky because: Snipped adult language

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 03:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

Sooooooo, we're back to the bloody Russians again?

Aren't they the reason the US had to get Old Glory on the moon in the first place back in the late 60's?

Isn't that what Kubrick was engaged to present to humanity?

You know, I'm starting to think the US would be screwed without their favourite boogieman to deflect to.

Tittle tattle commie rat,
How I wonder where you're at...
If you lie beneath my bed,
the red you see is the blood you bled...

*thanks DAAS*

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 03:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Parishna

I likes it I does. lol

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 03:39 AM
link   

Could it simply be they have tech up there already and are just easing the info to the public, so make out this is all a new thing as the reveal what they have up there and have had for some time.

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 04:00 AM
link   

This may hurt your theory but Russia had had a space force. This is one of the reasons NASA was impressed about their space program. In russia they are called Russian Aerospace Defence Forces and their based out of the cosmodrome.

Im betting China has one to most countries their space programs are a branch of their military. The US separated the two early on because they didn't want going to the moon to seem to be a military exercise. However they borrowed heavily from the air force. Most astronauts are airforce officers.

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 04:19 AM
link   
As early as the original Russian launch of Sputnik our MIC realized who ever controls space has the potential to control earth. With China's future space plans and the possibility of Russia and China teaming up it is prudent to try and protect our satellites and space assets. Not to mention all the money that can be possibly saved by stopping the inter service redundancy and infighting for funds.

If this is all about Aliens we might as well kiss our butts goodbye if we are going to fight.. I suggest we throw a few shrimp on the barbie or whatever our intel agencies can determine they like to eat..
youtu.be...

I am not an Alien advisor however it would be rather simple to bring all the countries of earth to the bargaining table .. Just stand off out of range of earthly weapons a throw rocks or comets a 1/4 mile in diameter. Hit the oceans of the earthly coastal areas or even cities directly.. That does not make a great movie so the movie moguls want the Aliens to come down to earth for some hand to hand combat..I kinda think Aliens are not stupid... If the aliens do not like rocks then just spread some kind of genetic specific virus that only infects humans and kills them or makes them obedient tasteful zombies whose only purpose is to taste good or breed for our masters....

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 04:26 AM
link   

There's no evidence that any observatories were offline, only the webcams related to them. As for the others, they're old and wearing out. They aren't designed to work forever.

Russia and China both have been developing ASAT weapons for years, including potential hunter- killer satellites in orbit. We've developed the SM-3 ballistic defense missile that can be used as an ASAT, but no dedicated weapons. We are behind and need to catch up.

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 04:37 AM
link   
I think it's pretty much as it appears. Other nations are getting serious about satellite denial as a way to counter the USA. The US will respond.

The Airforce is already in the space business. This is just about re-organising the DoD bureaucracy. The only benefit I see long term is that the space force will eventually grow its own lobby power and carve itself a more serious slice of the budget. Rather than being the air forces side mission. The tech development this funds may bleed through to civilian space in time.

When it comes to 'missing' budget money I tend more towards the explanation being organisational dysfunction duplication ineptitude and waste, hidden under the secrecy blanket. Although, I'd prefer it to be flying saucers, obviously ☺️.

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 04:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

There have been a couple threads on this. Russia has been doing some freaky things with their satellites. Like parking them within 15 miles of ours. There are treaties in place to prevent weapons....but we all know how that works.

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 04:57 AM
link   
a reply to: lakenheath24

They've got at least one thought to have a manipulator arm that can be used to damage other satellites too. Lots of maneuvering going on with some of their new stuff.

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 08:10 AM
link   
US needs a space force because Russia is ahead on it, Trump says

We are in the era of drones.

A space force won't look like what most people think.

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 10:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
Putting effort into space exploration and research will have many positive benefits for society as we discover new technologies and learn more about the mysteries of our universe.

I don’t believe there is really an enemy to be fought, however, putting a “space force” under a military budget instead of a scientific one creates a more stable stream of funding than NASA.
NASA sold its' sole when it bought into the climate change hysteria in the 1990's when Al Gore testified at the UN. Can't trust an agency that cooks the books and doctors reports to show pseudoscience as fact. Their mission changed into Muslim outreach with a huge war chest of money secreted away by the last administration. They were researching to the highest bidder.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join