It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS is a political tool...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 06:06 AM
link   
ATS is no longer a place for discussion, learning, furthering of topics. ATS is a political tool....

Nothing More nothing less.

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 06:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: EternalSolace
ATS is no longer a place for discussion, learning, furthering of topics. ATS is a political tool....

Nothing More nothing less.

It is the season after all.. Don't worry after November we can all go back to discussing an Elvis sighting or the flat earth... There are plenty of forums where never a political word is uttered..

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 06:37 AM
link   
And a lovely joint allowing the boys to meet and have fellowship

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 06:38 AM
link   
a reply to: EternalSolace
It's you Americans making it like that with all yer left/right bitchin' and moaning. It's pathetic to be honest, us Brits at least debate topics without frothing at the mouth over bull# issues.
Take the Brexit threads, the biggest most divisive issue to affect our country in generations and yet we have civil debate in the threads.
You lot need to grow up.

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 06:43 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 06:45 AM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

I don’t know about that

First many of the most vitriolic posters in American politics threads are British

Secondly, as threads such as grooming gangs and tommy Robinson showed, people from the us can be every bit as emotional and frothing at the mouth

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 06:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy
It's you Americans making it like that with all yer left/right bitchin' and moaning. It's pathetic to be honest, us Brits at least debate topics without frothing at the mouth over bull# issues.
Take the Brexit threads, the biggest most divisive issue to affect our country in generations and yet we have civil debate in the threads.
You lot need to grow up.

A fine example to follow..get real.... youtu.be...

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 06:49 AM
link   
Other things are still going on.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
I believe the emotional support squirrel is also a non-political topic.

edit on 13-10-2018 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Yeah, and that's why the mayor of London is muslim. Brits, along with the rest of Europe rolled over and took the invasion your corrupt leadership brought upon you.

And why are you guys still debating Brexit? It passed, so get to exiting. Or are you guys going to roll over because those same corrupt leaders say it's too hard?

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Nope I stand by my words, you Americans are way overboard with your petty threads about the same old #. 6 million threads on Kavanaugh for a start, it's pathetic and like watching children bicker, y'all insult each other with labels like 'prog's' or 'libtards' etc etc...you are the ones spoiling ATS, not the Brits.

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 06:55 AM
link   

At least justify what you're trying to say ...

Political capital is a metaphor used in political theory to conceptualize the accumulation of resources and power built through relationships, trust, goodwill, and influence between politicians or parties and other stakeholders, such as constituents. Political capital can be understood as a type of currency used to mobilize voters, achieve policy reform, or accomplish other political goals. Although not a literal form of capital, political capital is often described as a type of credit, or a resource that can be banked, spent or misspent, invested, lost, and saved.[1] [2] Some thinkers distinguish between reputational and representative political capital.

Reputational capital refers to a politician’s credibility and reliability. This form of capital is accumulated by maintaining consistent policy positions and ideological views. Representative capital refers to a politician’s influence in policy-setting. This form of capital is accumulated through experience, seniority, and serving in leadership positions.[3] Thus, political capital—reputational and representative—is the product of relationships between opinion (public impressions), policy (legislative rewards/penalties), and political judgement (prudent decision-making).[4]

Which of these fits the bill ?

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 06:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Strate8
Stay on topic dude...you are the classic example of poor debating skills on ATS lol

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 06:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Strate8

Yeah, and that's why the mayor of London is muslim. Brits, along with the rest of Europe rolled over and took the invasion your corrupt leadership brought upon you.

And why are you guys still debating Brexit? It passed, so get to exiting. Or are you guys going to roll over because those
same corrupt leaders say it's too hard?

You proved the OPs point by dragging his thread into politics and proved the Cornish point by being uncivil. I'm holding my breath for the next great post you make

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 07:31 AM
link   
I agree. It's just filled with political talk and right-wing threads. I thought ATS was about conspiracy. Now, I'm seeing people parrot talking heads on FOX news. At some point, right wing media became the holy grail of truth and republicans are angels.

Feels more like infowars.com comment section than a conspiracy website.

Sorry for the rant. Maybe I'm wrong, but just the way it seems.

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Is anyone forcing you to click on those threads? Or stopping you from creating the content you want to see?
Or do you just feel like whining about American politics.

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 07:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI
Other things are still going on.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
I believe the emotional support squirrel is also a non-political topic.

Perhaps OP needs an emotional support squirrel.
I hear they're great!

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Did you know that you can click “off topic” thingy and BAM. You are no longer subjected to those things. Give it a shot dude.
You can thank me later.

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 07:52 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64
Whining? Hardly, I'm more mocking the childish US political left/right bickering.
No I'm far from whining, I'm ridiculing y'all.

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 08:01 AM
link   
:show them how to avoid political threads and they still argue politics:

:maybe it isn’t ATS:

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 08:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: EternalSolace

ATS is made by its members, so if they think they should talk about politics ATS is filled with political topics, in the same way it was full of threads and posts about the Japanese earthquake and tsunami and the killing of Bin Laden.

What's most on people's minds today (specially in the mind of people from the US is politics, so that's what we get the most.

Although it was created by a British, ATS has always been mostly an US-centred forum, as most members come from the US (as expected on an English language forum), as you can see by the conspiracy theories we can find here.

Also, politics can and are the basis of many conspiracy theories, so it's not surprising to see politics discussed on a conspiracy theories forum.

Me, I just ignore (as far as I can, being a moderator forces me to read some political posts) politics and political threads, focusing on what I like.

I suggest you do the same.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join