It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

123 missing children recovered in Michigan child trafficking sting

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 09:48 AM
link   
www.google.ca...
Over 100 missing children have been recovered 123 to be exact.

Wow that’s a pretty big operation, thankfully the children were found alive but sadly the damage is done. Some were malnourished,many bore signs of physical and sexual abuse.

I hope all those involved receive the harshes penalties the law can provide for their actions against humanity.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Athetos

I wonder why there's no mention of any arrests.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 09:56 AM
link   
What the #ing # is wrong with these #ing #s!

+3 more 
posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Hmmm...Wayne County...home of Dearborn...the largest population of Muslims in the US. I wonder if any follow up news will be forthcoming, with names, etc.
No correlation tho.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 09:59 AM
link   
The sad thing is...it's still less than half the open cases for the area...

The operation had 301 case files for missing children open before the sweep, which was the first of its kind in Wayne County, according to the report.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: rollanotherone

It is strange. It sounds like perhaps they found someplace where homeless teens were living and rounded them up. Maybe an abandoned building or something.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Those responsible should automatically get the death penalty. No room on this Earth for that type of evil.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Its a start.....10k missing kids a year though. Thats just 1%.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Now that you mention it that is strange, I tired to find a source for those arrested but couldn’t.
a reply to: rollanotherone

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Mandatory death sentence, but then society thinks that too harsh for destroying children's lives.
edit on 10/12/2018 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 10:05 AM
link   

They said only 3 reported sexual abuse. Still too many of course. But it sounds more like they rounded up runaway teens.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Let the wrath of God come upon whoever did this to the children.
edit on 12-10-2018 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 10:07 AM
link   
So it’s kind of just labeled sex trafficking in the same way they label willful prostitues as being trafficked?

I hope it is as you say and the kids were rounded up for living in destitute conditions and this wasnt some huge pedo operation.

a reply to: BlueAjah

edit on 12-10-2018 by Athetos because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Minors can't consent. If they were trafficked, it was forced or desperation. Either way they were taken advantage of. Runaway teens are very vulnerable and often targeted by traffickers.

It's also possible that only 3 admitted it, and the others did not out of fear.

edit on 10/12/18 by BlueAjah because: Eta

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Not disputing that, but the article could be slightly miss leading is all I am getting at.

a reply to: BlueAjah

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 10:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: rollanotherone

I wonder why there's no mention of any arrests.

Because the overwhelming majority of missing kids are runaways, or kids that just don't come home because they've decided they're going to stay at a friend's house.

A while back everybody was all agog at how many missing kids there were from DC, when the reality is that the total number of missing children cases MPD had included kids who spent a weekend partying and never told their parents, ran away to live with somebody else, etc.

The article's headline is willfully misleading and click-baity because the operation is a "missing juvenile sweep." Not a sex trafficking operation. The operation was to locate and recover missing kids and once recovered, identify if any of them had been involved in trafficking. The way the article headline is written gives the impression that the entire operation was to rescue a few hundred kids from sex trafficking.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 10:43 AM
link   
I agree the numbers are exaggerated in that even when found regardless of the circumstances around why they went missing they are still added to the statistic of the missing.

In the same way suicide by gun is also added to gun violence stats.
a reply to: Shamrock6

Overall I am just happy these kids were recovered.

(post by NthOther removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 10:54 AM
link   

That's a good analogy, yep. It's important to note that, of course, any child who runs away from home is at a larger risk of winding up a sex trafficking victim just by being a runaway.

But article headlines like the one in the OP give the impression that the majority of missing children are sex trafficking victims and leads people to believe there's some cover-up in play because they don't see many arrests coming out of this type of operation.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Makes sense to me.

a reply to: Shamrock6

<<   2 >>

join