It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The last air bender continues

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 08:43 PM
link   
My wife and daughter love avatar, not the crappy blue smurf aliens...

For those of you that haven't seen the series I highly recommend watching.
It's a well thought out show with great storylines and an actual resolution.
The way they mix in different styles of martial arts into the plot is cool as hell.

Netflix has announced a live action continuation of the series.
I hope they don't destroy it like m night idiot did with his version.

edit on 1-10-2018 by Bluntone22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Our family loved the show, have the dvd sets.
Thanks for the heads up!

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 09:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

The original series might be one of the best produced shows on the market. An original idea with great animation, character development, and story telling. I’m glad they got the same creators to put this new series together. It gives me some hope that they will produce something good.

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 09:37 PM
link   
The original directer of the series is on board too so hopefully it’s ture to form.

Netflix has a terrible record in my opinion with live action, usually it’s a brutal bastardization of the originals. Like death note and bleach

edit on 1-10-2018 by Athetos because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 06:39 AM
link   

My family and I are big fans of the movie (I guess you could call it a 'guilty pleasure'), I didn't know anything about a series, might check it out, cheers!

Trailer for the movie for those who haven't seen it;

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: MerkabaTribeEntity

The movie was awful so if you liked that turd you will love the original cartoon.

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 10:58 AM
link   

That's why I called it a guilty pleasure

I'll have to check the cartoon out

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 11:02 AM
link   
netflix is working on a live action adaptation directed by the original team, and legend of korra is definitely worth watching if you liked the last airbender.

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 11:39 AM
link   
i always wondered is there any truth to last one?

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 11:18 AM
link   
definitely one of the best cartoons i've ever seen. my girlfriend introduced me to it and I must say I was kind of dubious of watching what i thought was a straight up kids show at first, but man the content is definitely adult as well. the different nations cultures are so well defined too. and the philosophy that's touched on in the show is brilliant. the martial arts. there are SO many aspects to this show that are so well done I can't even begin to do it justice.

it has some real emotional moments too and the dialogue can be genius at times. i absolutely fell in love with it and would recommend it to anyone. korra wasn't as good, but had its moments.

I really hope that Netflix does the live action rendition well and gives it the attention and quality development it deserves. i would love to dive into a live action series done well of this show. so much good material to draw upon. fingers crossed....
edit on 3-10-2018 by CallmeRaskolnikov because: (no reason given)

top topics

join