It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ford - Kavanaugh Hearings 9-27-18

page: 178
<< 175  176  177    179 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 05:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

I know what it is, I've never before heard it called that. Totally a new one on me. Prior to this, I was pretty sure I'd heard the vast majority of ways to say "fart".

Apparently not...

I've been deprived. I should make a sign.

I also posted about this, and the explanation of the drinking game "Devil's Triangle" that I used to play in the late 70's (and early 80's).

Link to my post in another ATS thread: www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 9/30/2018 by Krakatoa because: added clarification

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 06:16 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

The one commonality between "fart" and "breast" is that the number of ways to refer to either is seemingly endless.

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 06:24 PM
link   
New Witness Comes Forward Against Christine Ford | Says She Was Not A Victim, Just The Opposite

DC McAllister, the writer of Catwoman is tweeting away accusations that Christine was quite the party animal in college and not a emotionally wounded victim by any standards. Ms. McAllister claims Dr. Ford would often “hook up” with the guys on Henderson Street and be “drinking at He’s Not Here”, a bar in Chapel Hill, NC

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 06:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: toolgal462

Yes, "boff" or "boffing" meant having sex. That I remember but I don't think that mistake would have been made in his yearbook posting and if it was we could never know.

Boof has been used back in the 80s for other things, below are some real world examples.

down vote
An Elephind newspaper database search turns up five matches for boofed as a past-tense verb during the period April 1983 to June 1987, at two university newspapers: the Stanford [California] Daily and the [Houston, Texas] Rice Thresher. Here they are, in chronological order.

From Tim Grieve, "Draw Is Over: The Wait Begins," a story about the annual student housing draw at Stanford University, in the Stanford [California] Daily (April 26, 1983):

Manual Morales, an unguaranteed junior and a self-described "victim of the draw," is a new member of the 14,000-cumulative-draw-number club.

Not surprisingly, Morales has some criticism for the draw system.

"Well, there are too many problems with it, like returning residence priority. Either you're really set for three years or you're boofed."

From Troy Eid, "Fall Housing Assignments Posted," in the Stanford [California] Daily (May 10, 1983):

"I'll be lucky to live in a doorway somewhere," said [Manuell] Morales of his present unassigned status. "It's really impractical for me to live off-campus. I don't have transportation."

"We were boofed royally," said Augie Martinez, a junior who drew 1732. "We were shooting for a six-person suite, but it looks like we don't have a chance."

From "Two More Softballers Protest Stroh's Ruling," a letter to the editor in the [Houston, Texas] Rice Thresher (May 18, 1984):

Let it be known that the real men's intramural champions are the Stroh's Pros (due credit goes to the Wombats). If Joe's Garage can live with the fact that they backed into the finals by a candy-ass maneuver, then so be it. The rest of us have more prides of the league, that's fine. We know in our minds who really won the game. ...

P.S. Stroh's Pros 9. Joe's Garage 7

Someone call a proctologist, we've just been boofed.

From Jim Humes, "Mr. Owlook Says," No Undie-Munching Skinheads," in the [Houston, Texas] Rice Thresher (March 20, 1987):

Okay, let's talk some basketball. You know, hoops, roundball, like air-flying-Jordan. We're talking about the NCAA tournament here. ... I entered [a betting pool] this year planning to go with the seeds and pick just the right number of upsets to give me that intangible in my corner. But who ever heard of Austin Peay? I mean, jeez-o-Pete, come on. Illinois must have been playing with their hands in their pants or something. And Xavier kind of boofed me up, too. But the big momma of them all has to be Wyoming.

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 07:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Yes, in a college atmosphere. The context in question is a high school kids yearbook. Kids think flatulence is a lot more funny that your definition at that age. I know I was for sure.

edit on 9/30/2018 by Krakatoa because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 07:42 PM
link   
BOOOM!
The Safeway store That Miss Ford claimed to have gone to in 1982 did not open until 1986.

They used Mark Judge's books to make up her "story".
She didn't really know or socialize with BK. That is why her best friend said she doesn't believe she was EVER at a party with her or without her where BK was present.

They manufactured the whole story using the books and that is why they were pushing so hard to have Mark Judge testify because they know he is vulnerable being a recovered alcoholic and so forth. They would try to paint BK with the same brush.

The whole thing was an elaborate plan that is going to backfire BIGLY!!!
edit on 30-9-2018 by thepixelpusher because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-9-2018 by thepixelpusher because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 08:27 PM
link   
a reply to: thepixelpusher

I was just about to post that! Found it here too, with some related facts (supposedly, I did not verify).

link

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Article showing Safeway was expanded in 1986; built in 1968

Vasa croe found this yesterday. We discussed it on page 171 of this thread.

Representatives from Safeway Stores Inc. told county planners at the September meeting that it wants to enlarge its existing 20,000-square-foot store on the southeast corner of the Falls and River roads intersection by at least 60 percent, and requested that the master plan not limit future commercial zoning on their side of the street.

Castleberry said the Potomac Village Safeway has "wanted to expand almost from the time we came in there in 1968. But we were always told by residents that they liked things 'just the way they are'. . . . It has always been a low-key village concept.

edit on 30-9-2018 by Identified because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 08:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah

I was just about to post that! Found it here too, with some related facts (supposedly, I did not verify).

link

From this article that someone linked in the thread quoted there is this article: Link

Representatives from Safeway Stores Inc. told county planners at the September meeting that it wants to enlarge its existing 20,000-square-foot store on the southeast corner of the Falls and River roads intersection by at least 60 percent, and requested that the master plan not limit future commercial zoning on their side of the street. "We objected to the statement in the master plan that said no additional commercial zoning was needed on our side of the road, and decided to get involved in the process," said Tom Castleberry, Safeway regional real estate developer.

Castleberry said the Potomac Village Safeway has "wanted to expand almost from the time we came in there in 1968. But we were always told by residents that they liked things 'just the way they are'. . . . It has always been a low-key village concept."

There does seem to have been a Safeway there from 1968. The incorporation date of 1986 is when Safeway merged with it's former corporate identity. If you keep looking at those Maryland Safeway list you see this:
Link

This Safeway in MD is from 1972 and appears to be the one that was part of the merge in 1986.

CERTIFIED STATEMENT MERGER OF SAFEWAY HOLDINGS, INC. (A DE CORPOR ATION) INTO SAFEWAY STORES INCORPORATED (SURVIVING CORPORATION) (A MD CORPORATION)

Much as I would like this to be a smoking gun, it doesn't seem to be so. Someone living longterm in the area could confirm.

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 09:01 PM
link   
a reply to: pavil

Thank you.

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 10:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Identified

Article showing Safeway was expanded in 1986; built in 1968

Vasa croe found this yesterday. We discussed it on page 171 of this thread.

Representatives from Safeway Stores Inc. told county planners at the September meeting that it wants to enlarge its existing 20,000-square-foot store on the southeast corner of the Falls and River roads intersection by at least 60 percent, and requested that the master plan not limit future commercial zoning on their side of the street.

Castleberry said the Potomac Village Safeway has "wanted to expand almost from the time we came in there in 1968. But we were always told by residents that they liked things 'just the way they are'. . . . It has always been a low-key village concept.

Yeah...its definitely been there since 1968.

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 11:54 PM
link   
I wonder if the seafood department sells red herring.

posted on Sep, 30 2018 @ 11:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Majic

It would seem appropriate, no?

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 12:19 AM
link   

a reply to: Majic

It would seem appropriate, no?

Regardless, something definitely smells fishy about that part of the story. I mean, he was an accomplice to an attempted SEXUAL ASSAULT on you, and you say hello to him a mere few weeks later???!!? What kind of victim does that?!

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 12:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

I don't pretend to understand how the human mind functions.

We'll never know exactly what happened...yes, it sounds odd to us, but we honestly don't know anything.

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 12:47 AM
link   

a reply to: Krakatoa

I don't pretend to understand how the human mind functions.

We'll never know exactly what happened...yes, it sounds odd to us, but we honestly don't know anything.

I think in this case both should have been thoroughly investigated. Purely out of optics the GOP lawyer was softballing questions to Ford to the point we let her story stand without any investigation. So how do we know if she was or was not assaulted?
edit on 1-10-2018 by thepixelpusher because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 01:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: thepixelpusher

I think in this case both should have been thoroughly investigated. Purely out of optics the GOP lawyer was softballing questions to Ford to the point we let her story stand without any investigation. So how do we know if she was or was not assaulted?

Well it is being investigated now... lol

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 01:15 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 01:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Majic
I wonder if the seafood department sells red herring.

Only if they don't clean them right.

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 01:24 AM
link   
I think about the stereotype of the stern judge. Some of them have major skeletons in their closet and focus their dissonance on people before them. Another type of stern judge is the "clean" judge that is harsh on people before them out of a sense of self-righteousness.

Both types are somewhat scary, that's why I'd prefer a judge that more closely reflects the attitudes and experiences of normal people. We're supposed to be judged by our peers, after all.

new topics

top topics

<< 175  176  177    179 >>

join