It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kavanaugh- What if he did do those things?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Bull crap.

If you're saying "What if it really happened?", don't change the narrative.

According to Ford, she was corralled into a bedroom and the door locked behind her, shoved onto the bed and physicaly held down while she screamed. One boy turned up or on the music while the other put his hand over her mouth and tried to rip off her swim suit. That's attempted rape, not horse play.

During the '80s, especially at a Catholic Prep school, boys were not taught that attempted rape was okay. It wasn't okay then, and it's not okay now. If those boys had been caught they probaly would have been expelled, unless their rich parent's bribed the school with a huge donation.

If these boys had been caught and not been elite rich boys from a private prep school, but a couple of black kids at a party, they'd have been sent to jail and have a sexual predator record for life.

edit on 24-9-2018 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 04:35 PM
link   

I am questioning the whole "movement" of looking at a person's conduct from a time when that conduct was considered ok.

Uh, excuse me. I am about 5 years older then Kavanaugh, and it was not OK to try and rape 15 year old girls when I was 17.

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 04:36 PM
link   
I could forgive him and think he could still be a Justice if he had been open about it. Instead he denies it and acts like he wasn't the wild sex crazed kid that he actually was. People can change for the better, however those who change for the better generally come clean about the negative things they are changing about themselves.

Put together with the withholding of his prior work, I wouldn't confirm him in a million years.

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: SocratesJohnson

Harvard University has Primal Scream and Streaking

Screaming and running around naked is not attempting to rip of a 15 year old girls clothes.

Sounds like the Kavanaugh supporters have pretty much come to the conclusion that he did the things he is accused of, and are now merely trying to downplay the severity of his crimes.
edit on 24-9-2018 by JasonBillung because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 04:40 PM
link   
What’s inappropriate to an adult in 2018 would have been perfectly normal to a fifteen or seventeen year old in 1982. The only thing that slowed the free love, open sex movement of the time was the aids epidemic and the war on drugs.

I want to premise this by saying, I have nothing but the highest respect for women and would never force anyone to do anything against their will.
Using my experience as a barometer, I would have been 17 in 1975 and I’ve got to admit, with healthy hormones at 17 if a girl was rolling on a bed with me it was a forgone conclusion that top was coming off, if I could get it off. To be quite frank in the 70’s it seemed that every school had a large group of “party girls” that like to drink, smoke dope, and have sex. A lot of the more adventuresome guy gravitated to that group and participated in the fullest. However a lot guys and girls didn’t didn’t.

My thoughts are Ms. Ford was probably what would have been call adventurous and fun loving in the day. Now she is using her experiences as a weapon to farther her current causes.

Whether Kavanaugh did it or not is irrelevant. Now that he has testified that he did nothing he better be careful.

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 04:40 PM
link   
a reply to: MRinder

Man, the old days were great. You could actually live and have fun with each other. Then we started letting all the whiners get there way and not you can barely stand your fellow human beings. Now we are on a full out race to the bottom. It is sad really. But thanks for reminding me how life used to be.

Yeah, all those "rapey" parties where we would lock 15 year old girls in a room and hold their mouth while groping them.

edit on 24-9-2018 by JasonBillung because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

That's the whole thing... Even if he DID do what she says, I would have to write it off because it's been nearly 4 decades since this happened and what's done is dust in the wind. He didn't murder anyone, he wasn't charged and put on a wanted list, none of that... This shouldn't even be an issue.

To a lot of folks here, it obviously isn't. What's the big deal about a little "rapey" action back in the 1980's, eh?

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 04:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

I'm not saying I believe or do not believe the allegations. I am questioning the whole "movement" of looking at a person's conduct from a time when that conduct was considered ok.

Attempted rape was never considered "okay". We're talking about boys at a Catholic Prep school. Do you think that school officials thought the boys actions were "okay" at the time"? Do you think, back in the day the whole Catholic Church thought that priests molesting youngsters was okay back then too?

Do you think Ford's parents', had she told them what happened, would have said, "Oh well, these are the times we live in. Boys will be boys." Or, do you think her father and brothers, if she has any, would have gone over and beat the crap out of Kavanaugh?

Lol, Catholic prep school was a bad analogy. The priests would only be upset if you raped someone they wanted to rape first.

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Nickn3

So, you're changing the narrative too. Saying, "What if it really happened? If it did really happen, it didn't happen the way the victim claims, She wanted it then, but now she's lying."

You've changed the narritive from "What if it did happen" to "She wanted it and now she's lying."

So, it wasn't horse play at all. It was consensual sex, almost?

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 04:49 PM
link   
there must be some damning evidence out there if y'all are actually trying to spin that pinning a girl down, covering her mouth, while trying to rip her cloths off was okay back then.

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Kavanaugh just stated in an interview that he was a virgin through high school and college, and for years after.

He would not have said that if not true, because it would be too easy for someone to speak up and counter it.

So.... DONE.
These women can crawl back into their swamp. And this thread is done too.

The full interview will be on at 7 PM EST.

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 04:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah
Kavanaugh just stated in an interview that he was a virgin through high school and college, and for years after.

He would not have said that if not true, because it would be too easy for someone to speak up and counter it.

So.... DONE.
These women can crawl back into their swamp. And this thread is done too.

The full interview will be on at 7 PM EST.

Now lets be honest.

Even if kavanaugh was a virgin, that doesnt mean he couldnt have committed these two accusations.

Neither of those accounts said he had intercourse.

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Reading the comments here, it seems like a perfect explanation for why young women did not report rape, or attempted rape, in the 1980's. It is also a perfect explanation for why it is still a vastly unreported crime.

Jesus, some of you are pathetic. You are rationalizing behavior that was wrong then, and is wrong now. And you are doing it, it seems to me, to justify a political position.

Take a moment and think about what you are doing. You are saying "it was a different time..."

I lived through it, and trying to rape 15 year old girls was not acceptable in the 1980's, just as defending that behavior is not in 2018.

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 04:53 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

Yeah, hard to get sex when you and your bro's are known as "the rapey guys..."

link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

you're funny.

probably couldn't get it up cuz he was too drunk. lol

how does that absolve him of assault again.

sounds desperate to me.

link   
I understand that rape is rape. Does not matter what decade it happened in.

You can't be "sort of" raped just like you can't be half pregnant.

However, 30 years ago something may have happened and we are judging it by today's standards....that is not exactly apples for apples.

I'm not saying that rape is not in fact rape by making the above statement.

I am saying that it appears that in order to smear someone's reputation all you have to do is suggest that something happend.....and that is all you have to do....especially woman confronting men on allogations of a sexual nature.

'Today's standard it to accuse someone of something illegal and/or immoral, publicly especially if you are public figure, and you will be tried by the jury of the masses, all of whom have an attention span of about 7-14 days on topics like this, until the next topic comes up.

Also, if your first accusation doesn't stick, get someone else to jump on the band wagon with you.

2 accusations are better than one.

I don't know whether he did it or not. I can say that the way it is being handled is wrong. The information is lacking and the behavior of the accuser can be called into question....but then....that would be victim blaming....another fun topic.

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: JasonBillung

No one is defending the behaviour.

We are saying it did not happen. At least Kavanaugh did not do it.

This is nothing more than a dirty political assassination attempt.

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 04:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: knoxie
there must be some damning evidence out there if y'all are actually trying to spin that pinning a girl down, covering her mouth, while trying to rip her cloths off was okay back then.

I stand by that was never ok. If he did that, he should not be a justice.

Now the question is can it be proven he did it this at all.

Can it be proven that something happened, and she is intentionally or unintentionally exaggerating it?

It seems very unlikely.

And if not proven, it should not be held against him.

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 04:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler
because I like Grambler-always.
edit on 24-9-2018 by Justso because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 04:55 PM
link   
a reply to: MRinder

Lol, Catholic prep school was a bad analogy

Georgetown Prep is a Catholic boarding school run by Jesuits. It's not an analogy. Are you saying that the school administrators taught boys to sexual assault young women in the '80s. Do you think that the Georgetown Prep School administration would condone an administrator having sex with a student in the '80s?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join