It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump rips Sessions: ‘I don’t have an attorney general’

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Remember when the President did not want to answer if Sessions would have a job after November? More and more, it's looking as it did then -- if he doesn't have something extraordinary to say about someone, they're on the # list.

Trump, in a Hill.TV interview released on Wednesday, said that he’s “so sad over Jeff Sessions,” whom he has repeatedly denounced for recusing himself from the Russia investigation.

“He was the first senator that endorsed me. And he wanted to be attorney general, and I didn’t see it,” Trump said in the Oval office interview. “And then he went through the nominating process and he did very poorly. I mean, he was mixed up and confused, and people that worked with him for, you know, a long time in the Senate were not nice to him, but he was giving very confusing answers. Answers that should have been easily answered.”

Also, as always, it seems his litmus test for the "best people" is the order of endorsement and the vigor behind it.

“He gets in and probably because of the experience that he had going through the nominating when somebody asked him the first question about Hillary Clinton or something he said, ‘I recuse myself, I recuse myself,’” Trump said.

Department of Justice guidelines recommended the attorney general step away because of his own contacts with foreign government officials during his time with the 2016 Trump campaign. Sessions told Congress that his decision was not due to any wrongdoing.

Sessions has stood up for himself recently and said that he will not be influenced by politics and that he was doing his job and enforcing Trump's policies well.

APNews

In or out after November?

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Sessions, no matter what anyone tries to say, is a complete joke of an Attorney General. He is doing so many things undermining our government it is inexcusable. Stonewalling records being released by court order is just one thing.

He is almost as bad as Eric Holder, who used his position as a defense attorney for Obama, and as a front to commit felony crimes in his official status, and then information and records of this being illegally classified because that information implicates crimes being committed.

Sessions is also doing these things.

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 02:13 PM
link   
In..
It is show time.
You will soon see their relationship blossom as the negativity for the most part has been a show.

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Just leave him in long enough to finally ban that devil's weed

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Quadrivium
In..
It is show time.
You will soon see their relationship blossom as the negativity for the most part has been a show.

It's working great too! Democrats are rallying their wagons around to protect Jeff sessions.

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Trust Sessions.

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 02:17 PM
link   

In..
It is show time.

You think so?

You really think Trump is such a good actor?

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
Trust Sessions.

wow
of all the members to post that......

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

In..
It is show time.

It's working great too! Democrats are rallying their wagons around to protect Jeff sessions.

It is a surefire way to know who is doing things which undermines Trump, just look to see who the left is defending and trying to help.

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 02:19 PM
link   
"The president softened his stance slightly when talking to reporters on the White House lawn hours after the interview’s publication, saying, “I’m disappointed in the attorney general for numerous reasons, but we have an attorney general.” et al.

As cited, he isn't happy with him and he certainly has that power to remedy it.

Of course, Sessions out and someone up to the task.

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

originally posted by: underwerks
Trust Sessions.

wow
of all the members to post that......

And I’m not surprised you took that seriously.

(Insert flying over head emoji)

I would think this—
would give it away.

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

As soon as the fisa application and a couple other documents are unredacted, Jeff sessions will Unrecuse himself, and fire Rod Rosenstein.

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 02:28 PM
link   

The worst mistake Trump made is selecting Sessions over Christie .

If Christie was our attorney general the current situation would be reversed.

Hillary and the Democrats would be under the gun instead of us .

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 02:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fallingdown

Oh God no. That fat fool doesn't need to be in DC in any capacity. He's everything wrong with the GOP as viewed from a staunch Conservative who stands fully with this POTUS.

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Fallingdown

Christie is a corrupt piece of garbage.

Him leaving the swamp of politics also brought the murky water down significantly. For one reason he was one of the worst violators, and the other being his mass displaced so much sludge.

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 02:54 PM
link   
why ohhh why can that man not just keep is mouth shut.

Sessions is a joke, fair enough but publicly creating a enemy of him when lets face it, Trumps friends are falling like flies is just stupid.

If he isn't happy with him, then fire him, this public spat is pointless.
edit on 19-9-2018 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Kabuki Theater
The more disaffection he spew against Session the more the Deep State loves Session.

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 03:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed
Sessions, no matter what anyone tries to say, is a complete joke of an Attorney General. He is doing so many things undermining our government it is inexcusable. Stonewalling records being released by court order is just one thing.

He is almost as bad as Eric Holder, who used his position as a defense attorney for Obama, and as a front to commit felony crimes in his official status, and then information and records of this being illegally classified because that information implicates crimes being committed.

Sessions is also doing these things.

I can't see how Sessions compares with Eric Holder. They are polar opposites in their approach.

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

I know the allegations and I don’t care. He would be a effective attorney general for conservatives and that’s all that matters to me .

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Christie was loud about prosecuting Hillary during the election cycle. There’s bad blood between them and I have no doubt he would go after the Clintons.

After three decades of watching them lie, cheat, steal and then get off scot free. I would support Satan as long as he went after the Clintons .

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join