It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How bad are Toyota drivers that they need features like collision detetion and safety sense?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 05:10 AM
link   
I keep hearing these damn commercials about these overpriced toys that basically drive for you, makes me wonder, do they add these features because toyota drivers are that bad or is it the natural progression of technology? Either way it doesnt make toyota drivers look very smart.

I have a collision detection feature too, its called my eyeballs and they are free. I also have a safety sense, its my brain. I like to use it more then normal when Im driving.

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 05:29 AM
link   
a reply to: JourneymanWelder

Yeah, it's tragic isn't it. Nowadays some people/drivers need a car to do all that mental work for them. If they got off their phones, didn't get agro and drove quite sensibly with no accidents we wouldn't need this new tech.

Kind regards

bally

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 05:39 AM
link   

Bad driving isn't limited to Toyota drivers.

Most drivers think they're good drivers when the opposite is true.

I've driven in every state except Alaska and Hawaii. People suck at driving everywhere and in all vehicle models.

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 05:40 AM
link   

I don't know but Toyota drivers will never be as bad as BMW drivers. Mercedes drivers are pretty bad too.

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 05:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

Bad driving isn't limited to Toyota drivers.

Most drivers think they're good drivers when the opposite is true.

I've driven in every state except Alaska and Hawaii. People suck at driving everywhere and in all vehicle models.

True but there are certain brands that seem to possess the pilot to drive like a complete idiot. I think it's a wannabe elitist thing.

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 05:45 AM
link   

This isn’t just a Toyota thing, though the names for the features are for Toyota. This is going to be mandatory to all car companies by multiple governments.
Safety features

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 05:46 AM
link   
Marketing disguised as safety features.

link   

edit on 19-9-2018 by Lightdhype because: (no reason given)

link   
Lmao. You realize practically ALL new vehicles have these features right? Across all makes?

Hey you kids get off my lawn! Settle down old man. It is actually about reducing risk in the most dangerous activity most of us undertake everyday. Ya know, saving lives from traffic deaths and such? Dont worry, your eyes will start going soon and no renewel soon it seems like, so you wont have to worry about it at all.

link   
yeah they like to sell you there gimmicks but lets be honest this stuff does improve road safety but then again if you actually need a alarm to go off to tell you that you might be about to crash....you probably shouldn't be on the road.

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 05:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

I don't know but Toyota drivers will never be as bad as BMW drivers. Mercedes drivers are pretty bad too.

Which will conclude into REAL FUN whenever BMW and Mercedes have adapted autonomous driving lvl 2 or higher in their cars. Both with in-built "RIGHT OF WAY! MY WAY!"

Yes, they are notorious for this in Germany, too!

But we do not take part in that looking-down on Toyotas.

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 05:49 AM
link   
It's not a Toyota thing.

They're all following Subaru's lead with their Eyesight technology.

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 06:11 AM
link   

It's the natural progression of technology and not just limited to Toyota , at work I drive a Daf truck which is also fitted with collision detection equipment although I find it more of an annoyance than a safety feature as it tends to sound an alert and apply the brakes if I'm turning tight corners in towns.

Smart technology isn't always that smart.

I have a collision detection feature too, its called my eyeballs and they are free.

Sadly eyeballs tend to deteriorate with age along with reaction times.

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 06:38 AM
link   
The gene pool will take a hit. Car companies are now interfering with the natural selection process. I predict dumb people will multiply in even greater numbers .
edit on 19-9-2018 by Fallingdown because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-9-2018 by Fallingdown because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 06:56 AM
link   
Well I'll tell you, them consarned cars are just a passing fad, one day people will wake up and realize there's nothing like a good old Equine powered buggy or Saddle Horse.

Cars will go the way of powered wigs....

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Did you just wake up to life? Everything today is made to make your more stupid and unable to Think for yourself. Just take a look at the device you used to make this OP.

Your biggest problem is that you watch commercials. That is only for people Who want to be stupid! Quit that, and you will feel a lot better, i promise

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 07:28 AM
link   

My Buick has all those gizmos including the rear camera but I don’t use a single one. I don’t trust the rear camera over my eyeballs.

I do believe that all these things that cars have is inadvertently turning people into worse driver as they begin to rely on such things. It is a bad slippery slope IMHO. Even those that have caused wrecks or did not pay attention to their surroundings STILL use them. I have never been in a fender bender that’s to my brain. Knock on wood

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Being a welder is probably the worst thing for your eyes buddy.

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 07:33 AM
link   

The majority of accidents I see on the road involve trucks.

And btw. Why would you be angry at technology that might save someones life?

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 07:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Fallingdown
The gene pool will take a hit. Car companies are now interfering with the natural selection process. I predict dumb people will multiply in even greater numbers .

Well, considering the average malnourished, physically weak, socially-inept, computer nerd has a greater chance of survival in modern society than someone who can hunt, fight and kill - I would say our gene pool is well and truly buggered.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join