It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Admin Also Spied on JOURNALISTS. A Special FISA Was Developed Just For Them. :-)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+23 more 
posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 02:48 AM
link   
September 19, 2018

The Mainstream Media has defended to the hilt, Obama's DOJ/FBI using FISA Spying against Presidential Candidate/President, Donald Trump and his associates.

It was revealed this week that the Obama Administration ALSO SPIED ON JOURNALISTS. Attorney General ERIC HOLDER developed a "secret" FISA just for journalists, reporters, and their bosses at the top. The Obama White House was OBSESSED with spying on enemies and friends alike.

The Knight First Amendment Institute at Columbia University and Freedom of the Press Foundation have released documents showing that in 2015, the Obama DOJ had secret rules to target journalists under FISA. The Freedom of the Press Foundation and Knight filed a FOIA lawsuit to obtain the memos.

The two 2015 memos from former Attorney General Eric Holder to the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) lay out procedures to ensure that the attorney general or deputy attorney general signs off on any FISA applications "targeting known media entities or known members of the media."

The Obama Department of Justice has spied on journalists. They tracked James Rosen, formerly of Fox News. They seized the phone records from Associated Press reporters.

The Obama White House/DOJ was doing things more corrosive to press freedom than Trump’s Twitter account or rallies, ever could.

Source #1: townhall.com...
Source #2: www.zerohedge.com...

As you can see in Source #2, the Mainstream Media feels that FISA spying on everyone else is OK. But they are "special" and should be immune from being monitored by the government.

Now, journalists are "worried" and "concerned" that the Trump Administration has been using Obama's secret FISA program, to spy them for the past year and half!

-CareWeMust

edit on 9/19/2018 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 03:26 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

It is just so a poetic use of these abusive powers given to themselves in secret no less.

'tis like a boomerang returning to a distracted thrower.

What fun.

P

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 04:52 AM
link   

I'm sorry, but wasn't the Right saying that Obama was going to take everyone's guns, declare martial law and take a third term? Of course he was spying on journalists. How else was he suppose to do those things if he also didn't control the media? And where is Obama now? You guys have serious ODS.

I'm still waiting for that report showing Obama wiretapped Trump tower, but I'm sure Trump is still getting that together. And the report from Hawaii about his birth. I'm sure that's coming too. Waiting for the release of those explosive unclassified pages that show what a scam the Mueller investigation is.

It's hard to take you guys serious when you mix BS with facts to the extent that you do. Cherry picking is the term.

+3 more 
posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 05:01 AM
link   

Well it's nice to know that the Obama administration kept busy.

It's too bad it wasn't for the good of the country.

I can't wait to see them fry.

Is it just me or does there seem to be a lot going on right now?

edit on 19-9-2018 by Diisenchanted because: to add

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 05:03 AM
link   
Oh boy ! This will be fun to watch now ...

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 05:34 AM
link   
Well, yes, US citizens lost most of their rights when George W Bush introduced the Patriot Act.

If you give governments great sweeping powers of surveillance and intrusion, then they will use them.

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 06:26 AM
link   
This is the very essence of LIBERAtion.

All hail The Censor-In-Chief, may He reign for 1000 years.

Amen.

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 06:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: MiddleInsite

I'm sorry, but wasn't the Right saying that Obama was going to take everyone's guns, declare martial law and take a third term? Of course he was spying on journalists. How else was he suppose to do those things if he also didn't control the media? And where is Obama now? You guys have serious ODS.

I'm still waiting for that report showing Obama wiretapped Trump tower, but I'm sure Trump is still getting that together. And the report from Hawaii about his birth. I'm sure that's coming too. Waiting for the release of those explosive unclassified pages that show what a scam the Mueller investigation is.

It's hard to take you guys serious when you mix BS with facts to the extent that you do. Cherry picking is the term.

DEFLECTION!

That's the new board game I'm going to invent today.

Using a proprietary algorithm I'm going to convert the fuzzy logic that is this post into a QR Code image, and that is going to be the layout of the board.

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Read the actual wording. It made it harder to spy on journalists because the FISA warrant had to be reviewed and authorized by the AG.

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 06:37 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

Uh huh. Except when the AG was Obama hatchetman, there goes your claim. I knew you'd be here to tell us this was better. Too bad Obama's record of 'liberating' journalists was even worse than Dubya's. Which is sad as Bush had 9/11 as an excuse for all his tyrannical BS, at least.

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Well I thought "hey, there's no way someone can defend this" and was surprised to read the replies.

You people...

Gonna miss y'all when # hits the fan and you delete your accounts.

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 06:47 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Uh huh. Except when the AG was Obama hatchetman, there goes your claim.

What difference would that make? It added a level of necessary authorization. It doesn't say that the AG could order a FISA warrant over the determination of the court.

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 06:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: vinifalou
Well I thought "hey, there's no way someone can defend this" and was surprised to read the replies.

You people...

Is that your plan come November?

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 06:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: vinifalou

You people...

Come on, are you really surprised?

They defended fast and furious, bengazi, IRS targeting, bank bailouts, sending cash and ignoring our own sanctions on Iran, arming isis, turning over terrorists to the taliban for a traitor...

Obama could turn out to be the cause of autism and they would defend him.

(post by IgnoranceIsntBlisss removed for a manners violation)

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 06:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

Read the actual wording. It made it harder to spy on journalists because the FISA warrant had to be reviewed and authorized by the AG.

From the source:

The extent to which the government uses—and has used—NSLs and FISA court orders against journalists is unclear. We know, however, that the FBI has secret rules for obtaining journalists’ information using NSLs. At least one journalist, three-time Pulitzer Prize–winning reporter Barton Gellman, has been told that his phone records were obtained using an NSL. And the government itself, in a series of heavily redacted Inspector General reports, has admitted to using exigent letters (sometimes referred to as “informal NSLs”) against unnamed New York Times and Washington Post reporters during the George W. Bush administration.

The documents comprise two memos, both from former Attorney General Eric Holder to the DOJ’s National Security Division (NSD). The first, from January 2015, issues secret guidance for targeting journalists under FISA. The guidance states that the Attorney General “determined that review of FISA applications targeting known media entities or known members of the media should occur at even higher levels than otherwise permitted by FISA and existing Attorney General orders.”

knightcolumbia.org...

Interesting read.

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 07:06 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

First of all, so says you.

No, says "secret memo":

What part of "review at higher levels" do you not understand?
edit on 19-9-2018 by DJW001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 07:07 AM
link   
a reply to: introvert

The concern has to do with investigating leaks. It is not about harassment.

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 07:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

First of all, so says you. Like we can beLIEve anything you say here. The guy you screamed banshee across this site that Obama's government needed all that Ministry of Truth propaganda legislation (to stop people from questioning Him and His war machine, from criticizing the MSM, for exposing Hitlery, etc). You were even on board with the FBI investigating people like Alex Jones as traitors, as in putting them in PRISON, which I'm sure now you'll attempt to derail the thread for three pages insisting you didnt. But we all saw you; couldnt talk you out of it.

Take your meds.

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 07:11 AM
link   

This is just like when people said that Obama's first act as President involved sealing important records. When in truth that EO was actually undoing a Bush era EO and it made it easier to access to presidential records.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join