It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Coast Guard member 'removed' after making 'offensive' OK sign on live TV

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
a reply to: Lumenari

Thank you for that information. If this is true, which I think may be the case, it is sad that right wing trollers prey upon others by inciting their sense of concern about white racism. Again, I value that info you offered.

Thank you for your reply.

What is actually sad to normal people looking around is how stupid some people are.

Nice to see that you have framed this as all about the evil right taking advantage of the enlightened intellectually superior left.

After all, your party has to have victims of something to politically survive, does it not?

Edited to add... White Racism... just LOL
edit on 15-9-2018 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: howtonhawky

originally posted by: introvert

originally posted by: Muninn

originally posted by: Lumenari

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
Liberals, is this the America you envision? One where a hoax turns people who want to be victims and sjw into vigilantes ruining the lives of normal people and disparaging their character?

PC culture is out of control, where does it end?

www.foxnews.com...

Yes, it is the America we envision.

It is not only a part of our extreme PC culture, it is our entire plot to take over the world and make no mistake about it, we are out of control. We will bombard hand gesture-making people with very critical and rude comments on social media. We will say not nice things about you and we may even write a stern email to their superiors about the need for those hand-moving miscreants to learn what it means to act professional, especially when they are representing the US government/military on live television.

It is our nefarious plot, make no mistake about it.

Be scared...

Quoted for a refreshing display of honesty.

I suppose I am not surprised.

It takes someone quite "special" to believe I was being serious.

NOBODY takes you seriously, NOBODY.

Excellent!

That means that I do not have to live up to any of your standards. I can keep pushing my evil Leftist agenda towards it's nefarious, yet delicious, final conclusion.

Whatever you do, do not use the ok signal.

We will be watching, waiting to post a pic of it on social media. Our Facebook fiends will share it, and your life wil; be ruined by the power of Zuckerburg...and Greyskull.

Using the ok symbol excuse does not add up in the situation. Since when does one have to covertly use the ok signal. They do not. If it were the case he was wanting to put forth a sign of things being ok then he would have just looked at the camera and do the gesture like a normal person.

He was definitely trying to make some sort of gesture when he knew he shouldn't.

Maybe he's an alt-right guy trying to troll people. Maybe he was calling his superior an asshole.

I don't know. Not sure I care either.
edit on 15-9-2018 by introvert because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Liberals, is this the America you envision? One where a hoax turns people who want to be victims and sjw into vigilantes ruining the lives of normal people and disparaging their character?

www.foxnews.com...

It is not only a part of our extreme PC culture, it is our entire plot to take over the world and make no mistake about it, we are out of control. We will bombard hand gesture-making people with very critical and rude comments on social media. We will say not nice things about you and we may even write a stern email to their superiors about the need for those hand-moving miscreants to learn what it means to act professional, especially when they are representing the US government/military on live television.

Be scared...

Excellent!

That means that I do not have to live up to any of your standards. I can keep pushing my evil Leftist agenda towards it's nefarious, yet delicious, final conclusion.

We will be watching, waiting to post a pic of it on social media. Our Facebook fiends will share it, and your life wil; be ruined by the power of Zuckerburg...and Greyskull.

Using the ok symbol excuse does not add up in the situation. Since when does one have to covertly use the ok signal. They do not. If it were the case he was wanting to put forth a sign of things being ok then he would have just looked at the camera and do the gesture like a normal person.

He was definitely trying to make some sort of gesture when he knew he shouldn't.

Maybe he's an alt-right guy trying to troll people. Maybe he was calling his superior an asshole.

How do you know what his intent was?

I see no proof whatsoever for your assertion that he knew he was doing a gesture he knew he shouldn’t be doing

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

This is surreal

4 chan makes this hate symbol up to prove how dumb sjws are

The sjws probe this by falling for the hoax, so much so that our government agencies are now buying into it

Welcome to the new world where everything is racist

Lumin offered this information higher in the thread. If this is the case, that this symbol was a troll hoax can we really just blame the sjw people for falling for it? I can't. I also blame those who are pulling their chains, the hoaxers.

Is not one of the major problems in this current social environment all of the false information floating all over the place.?
Passing on false information through ones belief in it is one thing but deliberately inventing false information and pushing it into the ''infosphere'' is worse. Those people, not the sjws who ''believed it'' are the real culprits here.

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 01:11 PM
link   

It's not funny, really.

From what I understand, the OK sign was used by many white supremacists and such for laughs and trolling just before the election. The problem is, that many big name white supremacists picked up on it and began using it.

Richard Spencer himself, a known white supremacist, used the signal on election night in front of a Trump hotel property.

That occurred before Operation "O-kkk", which took to the internet to troll everyone about the signal.

So there is some truth to the matter, but I do not see that being the case here.

+3 more 
posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

It's not funny, really. 

No it's not really, especially if some innocent person uses the ok sign in public and unwittingly offends the wrong person and becomes a victim of this insanity.

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

Yep, the end times are a comin’. Mwahahahahaha!

For your ideology yes, it really seems to be...

Not before we ruin the country first. Mwahahahahah!

You laugh but you think this is ok? Do you honestly?

Or are you able to see the lunacy involved?

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Excellent point. To add to that, the same hand signal is used to call someone an asshole.

To be fair- The Index finger must be scrunched next to the thumb to be recognized as SignLanguage for 'Balloon Knot'... Of course this will provide the 'pucker effect' as the Index finger is clenched...

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 01:20 PM
link   

www.foxnews.com...

Be scared...

Excellent!

Ms. Cleo, can I have tonight's winning Powerball numbers.

He was definitely trying to make some sort of gesture, lol.

+1 more 
posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 01:21 PM
link   

www.foxnews.com...

Be scared...

Excellent!

This is complete Bullcrap

Hes a Coast guard guy.

Hes a diver, has to be to be qualified, has to dive, has to be able to signal outside of his drop.

Im a diver, open water, rescue, and cold water...........do you know how INGRAINED this signal is into us?
We have to give this signal EVERY TIME we go down to let everyone know all is ok.

When he jumps from a chopper or water craft hes TRAINED to give this signal if he is ok, because MOST of the time if youre in a rescue situation you cannot HEAR or communicate once in the water other than hand signals.

Give me a fking break man

Im usually with you on measured stuff, but get the hell off it!

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 01:21 PM
link   

No. Simply more distraction and "resistance" crap.

These persons are working long, long shifts. Not an 8 Hr day.

I have worked with the organizations during disaster relief, most recently Houston, Tx, and I went inland from the coast to help with Harvey.

When you are tired, and lights come on to shoot a news cast near you it is distracting. The 'officials' want a working scene behind them...a stage.

I can see a human response, elbow to to desk, hand up support head. I do the same out of habit. Indoors, I still reach for sunglasses and my reading glasses, despite I wear contacts at times. It's an attempt to adjust glasses.

My wife saw the video, said I do the same when reading and tired.

If the press wants to look at details, look within and stop this madness.

Mg

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: missed_gear

No. Simply more distraction and "resistance" crap.

These persons are working long, long shifts. Not an 8 Hr day.

I have worked with the organizations during disaster relief, most recently Houston, Tx, and I went inland from the coast to help with Harvey.

When you are tired, and lights come on to shoot a news cast near you it is distracting. The 'officials' want a working scene behind them...a stage.

I can see a human response, elbow to to desk, hand up support head. I do the same out of habit. Indoors, I still reach for sunglasses and my reading glasses, despite I wear contacts at times. It's an attempt to adjust glasses.

My wife saw the video, said I do the same when reading and tired.

If the press wants to look at details, look within and stop this madness.

Mg

Ok And I agree.

But besides all that

WHAT SHOULD IT MATTER, and why should he be removed thats the issue.

The issue is the idiocy, the left has lost its damn mind and NOW its affecting rescue efforts.

Congrats LEFTWINGERS, youre impeding help for those in need, with bullsnip

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 01:34 PM
link   

You have brain worms, see a doctor quick.

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Whatthedoctorordered

I see the lunacy in taking any of this so seriously. On both sides. We probably don’t know the whole story either. Maybe this guy has a history of trouble making and the Coast Guard knew he meant something not very nice, and decided this was the final straw. We just don’t know.

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 01:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire

Thank you for that information. If this is true, which I think may be the case, it is sad that right wing trollers prey upon others by inciting their sense of concern about white racism. Again, I value that info you offered.

Thank you for your reply.

What is actually sad to normal people looking around is how stupid some people are.

Nice to see that you have framed this as all about the evil right taking advantage of the enlightened intellectually superior left.

After all, your party has to have victims of something to politically survive, does it not?

No, that is not how I framed it. That is how you interpreted my comment from your own frame of mind. I pointed out the culpability of the trollers is all, the rest was all filled on your own.

And once more, as in another thread in which we engaged, your assumptions of ''my party'' are far from valid.

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 01:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Whatthedoctorordered

I see the lunacy in taking any of this so seriously. On both sides. We probably don’t know the whole story either. Maybe this guy has a history of trouble making and the Coast Guard knew he meant something not very nice, and decided this was the final straw. We just don’t know.

The lunacy is passing it off, brushing it off, we have done that for so many years that at THIS point, NOW we have a guy who is out there HELPING people get removed because he made a "hand sign" thats second nature to the industry hes in.

The fact you think its "meh" says a lot

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Coast Guard knew he meant something not very nice

Bullsnip

This handsign is a staple in diving or anything having to do with water rescue. It means "all is ok"

What the coastguard did was because of the STUPIDITY and outrage from left leaning psychopaths, and they knew they would have blowback.

There is ZERO times I have ever dived, or was IN the water in a wet suit where i didnt give this signal.....

get outa here with that BS

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 01:45 PM
link   
I have complete confidence that they will inquire as to his intentions if any and get to the bottom of it. From what i know of the USCG they do not tolerate racism.

No one rubs their ear like that no matter how ok they are.

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 01:47 PM
link   

I have complete confidence that they will inquire as to his intentions if any and get to the bottom of it. From what i know of the USCG they do not tolerate racism.

No one rubs their ear like that no matter how ok they are.

There was nothing racist about it.

Period...

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Whatthedoctorordered

They haven’t removed everyone in that industry for doing it. I think context is important, and we just don’t know the full context here.

Was he always a fine, upstanding man, well-respected by his peers and superiors, with no history ever at all of doing or saying anything that could be considered racist? Or, was he someone who had a reputation of making racist comments, with his peers complaining to their superiors?

We don’t know. Before we go off all half-cocked over some tweets, maybe we should realize that we may not have the proper background context here.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join