It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stunning long range imaging over 100 miles in infrared reveals the amazing flat earth reality!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I came across this guys work a couple days ago and I did a search with his yt username and nothing came up.. so i hope this isnt a re post.

I must say imo, this is very compelling evidence. Do we have any photographers who might what to chim in on this with their expertise?. Some say we're seeing a mirage, something called the 'mountain wave phenomena or simply clouds.

Mountains in Colorado are visible at over 500 miles (800 km) in Infrared from 31 000 ft altitude. We use the principles of triangulation to determine what we are seeing way in the distance.

I use a full spectrum IR converted HD Sony CX405 camcorder, that features a 60x zoom, and I use a 950nm infrared long pass filter to block visible light and only let infrared through. This was filmed in late March 2018 and the mountains still had snow on top, which is key to this long range visibility. I'm convinced that we can probably see these mountains on a clear winter day at perhaps twice that distance, so about 1000 miles but from where? there is usually haze over the ocean and the mid west, perhaps from Canada looking down south? Thanks for your comments and encouragement folks, it means a lot to me.

+9 more 
posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: beatbox

Thanks for the laugh anyway...

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 03:39 PM
link   
not sure I am ever gonna watch an hours worth of youtube content, but I did play some and fly thru the rest but pause the video at 50min 57 sec when the camera gives the widest view out of the plane and it looks to me like I can see a curve, so is this video in favour of or against A flat earth

I think it shows in favour of a globed earth myself

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 03:44 PM
link   

See from 5:24 as the person debunking it corrects his initial analysis. In essence no you can't see the Mountains in Colorado.

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Also think about his claims and the fact that if it was true then he could repeat it over and over again. He could crowd fund himself or his flat earth group to charter an aircraft. He could also conduct further flights to prove his theory involving other mountain ranges, etc. Of course he won't do it and he will continue to delude himself and others.

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Can’t be flat.

It’s hollow 😀

(post by ZombieZygote removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Yup earth is flat your right....in certain spots. It’s spherical in the same way a potato is roundish.

Common guys Eratosthenes figured out earths circumference(because it’s a globe) with out ever leaving the sands of Egypt about 2300 years ago...

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 04:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: beatbox
I must say imo, this is very compelling evidence.

Compelling evidence of stupidity. But someone will believe it, and that's the worrying part.

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere

hmm if it were flat like a poptart kinda flat.....EUREKA!

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: tommyjo

Also think about his claims and the fact that if it was true then he could repeat it over and over again. He could crowd fund himself or his flat earth group to charter an aircraft. He could also conduct further flights to prove his theory involving other mountain ranges, etc. Of course he won't do it and he will continue to delude himself and others.

i think thats kind of irrelevant...lets not focus on what he could and should or might do in the future...what about the evidence presented.

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 04:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: ZombieZygote

Interesting thread, thank you.

Unfortunately, you'll find that ATS as a whole is no longer a site which tolerates this type of discussion. Much like merely questioning the SH event. Prepare to be ridiculed and have this thread derailed, only to ultimately be closed for a staff review and never reopened. SOP.

thanks for the response but i hope it doesn't come to that...

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 04:34 PM
link   
LOOOLLOLOOLLOLOLOLOLOL
delete this thread while you still can

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: ZombieZygote

No ridicule but this is what i see

I can not prove anymore than that, and also I am an amateur at making photos, I used screen grab and then preselected a box and using the time bar on youtuube as a reference, IMO it shows what is being viewed out of the window as curved.

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 04:36 PM
link   
It deserves that treatment. The laws of physics, actual observations,climate,water cycle,volcanic activity and even us being in space looking back down at the earth every single damn time these things tell use the earth is globe.

This isn’t about presenting new information or expanding your horizans it taking long and well established facts and trying to toss them away because of one mans lack of understanding about the rock he stands on.

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 04:37 PM
link   
I know one thing. I can see those magnificent beasts from my living room. Looking at them now actually. No snow right now but there is for about a day everytime a storm hangs around up there even in August/Sept.

91 degrees today tho, broke the record!

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Athetos

Good comment. I mean jesus, just look at the moon or the Sun or literally any planetary body for that matter! They are spherical.

Does anybody really believe the universe by nature makes things round except for Earth. Like we are a horizontal piece of paper floating through damned outer space? Such stupidity. What would be on the bottom for christs sake? Free falling dirt?

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 05:06 PM
link   
I feel like wearing WingTips when I hear these truths. With such gaiety, I will fly a kite, Eat my PEZ candies, and wistle a happy tune.

Society of Flat Earth Dudes and Dudettes....Plotus..

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 05:07 PM
link   
a reply to: UpIsNowDown

Good catch, but remember that the windows are curved to follow the shape of the body which it is set in. So in airplane windows there appears to be a slight curve in the distance.

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Ok, like I say I can offer nothing more than what I see, would this direclty effect his calculations, did he account for the curvature of the window, is every plane window the same curve ? so many more variables, do you know if he accounted for the curved window as you stated?

I admit to not watching an hour of his working, so I can not judge if he did

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join