It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jeff Bezos makes over $11 million PER HOUR

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Earlier this week, e-commerce giant Amazon briefly became the world's second trillion-dollar company after Apple

Simple calculations show that Bezos, who made $67 billion in 250 days of the current year, earns $268,000,000 per day, or a whopping $11,166,666 per hour. The number is nearly a million times higher than the average Amazon warehouse worker's pay of just $15 for an hour
Source

How would you like to make $268 million in a single day, every day? How would you like to earn enough money for 3 entire lifetimes in just a single hour, every hour of the day? Jeff Bezos does.
Senator Bernie Sanders recently introduced a Senate bill called the "Stop BEZOS Act" that would require large employers like Amazon to pay 100% of whatever government assistance its employs rely on to survive - food stamps, public housing, etc. That seems fair, right? If a massive company is so successful that its CEO earns over $11 million EVERY HOUR, surely it can afford to pay its employees a livable wage?

Well, let's see. I did some quick research and found that Amazon currently employs approximately 341,000 employees. Some of them are paid well, of course, but the majority are low-paid warehouse workers such as pickers and packers and whatnot, getting paid between $12 and $15 per hour. Regardless, let's do some math. $11,166,666 (what Jeff Bezos earns EVERY HOUR) divided by 341,000 (the number of Amazon employees) comes out to between 32 and 33. What does this mean? It means that Jeff Bezos could increase the hourly wage of EVERY EMPLOYEE by $32 and still earn a six-figure salary. The average Amazon employee making $15 per hour could have his or her wage increased to $47 per hour, or over $90,000 per year for full-time work, and Jeff Bezos would still be filthy rich.

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Welcome to capitalism.

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 09:29 AM
link   
a reply to: trollz

Money is just created on a computer. As easy I am writing this.
All these companies are really owned by Illuminati.
The CEOs are just fronts.

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 09:34 AM
link   
He probably has a real nice pool...maybe even a jacuzzi.

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 09:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
He probably has a real nice pool...maybe even a jacuzzi.

Don't forget Russian supermodels.

16 pages of this topic here.

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 09:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: trollz
If a massive company is so successful that its CEO earns over $11 million EVERY HOUR, surely it can afford to pay its employees a livable wage?

He earns 11$ million in an hour by increasing the value of his company, not by cashing out 11$ dollars into his bank account every hour. If he creates new projects and jobs with his company that are successful, then his value will rise and he will "earn". You should not create incentive for large companies to be less effective or otherwise they will be picked out and taxed more.

There are more answers in personal capital tax and luxury tax. Investing into luxury goods that hold no further economic value should be taxed heavier, so it would be non-sense to build +100$mil. dollar yachts and mansions. Being rich isn't bad by itself. it's all about what you're doing with your wealth. Are you creating jobs and solving an important problem for the consumer, or you are just wasting everything away for luxury goods that quickly depreciate in value.

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Earlier this week, e-commerce giant Amazon briefly became the world's second trillion-dollar company after Apple

Simple calculations show that Bezos, who made $67 billion in 250 days of the current year, earns $268,000,000 per day, or a whopping $11,166,666 per hour. The number is nearly a million times higher than the average Amazon warehouse worker's pay of just $15 for an hour
Source

How would you like to make $268 million in a single day, every day? How would you like to earn enough money for 3 entire lifetimes in just a single hour, every hour of the day? Jeff Bezos does.
Senator Bernie Sanders recently introduced a Senate bill called the "Stop BEZOS Act" that would require large employers like Amazon to pay 100% of whatever government assistance its employs rely on to survive - food stamps, public housing, etc. That seems fair, right? If a massive company is so successful that its CEO earns over $11 million EVERY HOUR, surely it can afford to pay its employees a livable wage?

Well, let's see. I did some quick research and found that Amazon currently employs approximately 341,000 employees. Some of them are paid well, of course, but the majority are low-paid warehouse workers such as pickers and packers and whatnot, getting paid between $12 and $15 per hour. Regardless, let's do some math. $11,166,666 (what Jeff Bezos earns EVERY HOUR) divided by 341,000 (the number of Amazon employees) comes out to between 32 and 33. What does this mean? It means that Jeff Bezos could increase the hourly wage of EVERY EMPLOYEE by $32 and still earn a six-figure salary. The average Amazon employee making $15 per hour could have his or her wage increased to $47 per hour, or over $90,000 per year for full-time work, and Jeff Bezos would still be filthy rich.

Another person who doesn't understand wealth vs income.

The shares Bezos owned increased in value by $67 billion, not that he actually got a paycheck for $67 billion. Those shares can also go down in value. The value of his equity stake doesn't really mean much until he sells his shares.

It is like how if the value of your home all of a sudden went from being worth $500k to $1 million. However, if you continue to live in your home and don't actually sell it, you didn't actually make another $500k. Your networth increased, but you it is just paper wealth until you actually sell the property.

Yes, Bezo's is rich as a Lanister, but he took the risk, created the company, and deserves every penny he gets. Investors who are buying shares of Amazon are why he is rich. The broader market has determined the company is worth a Trillion and if Bezo's still owns 10% of the company, his equity stake is worht $100 billion IF HE SOLD ALL HIS SHARES.

He cannot sell all his shares at once. Sure he might off load a couple of billion worth to pad his nest egg, but he is not $100 billion liquid in cash.

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 09:55 AM
link   
"Man, I need to fight the power, but I need that new Ferrari. "

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 09:59 AM
link   
I agree with the OP, we need to confiscate his wealth and redistribute it.

For the good of the people, also we should put limits on his company to allow for others to compete.

That way other people will be motivated to build a business that one day, hopefully, will be profitable enough for them to have their wealth confiscated.

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 10:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock
I agree with the OP, we need to confiscate his wealth and redistribute it.

For the good of the people, also we should put limits on his company to allow for others to compete.

That way other people will be motivated to build a business that one day, hopefully, will be profitable enough for them to have their wealth confiscated.

WTF? Please tell me you aren't serious.

Why would anyone want to risk it all to start a business only to have people like you confiscate what they built?

Before Amazon, we had Barnes & Nobles, Borders, Wal-Mart, Target, Sears, and a entire host of very large companies all of which were in a good position to take advantage of the internet. None of them did! All of the multi-billion dollar companies and didn't have the forsight that Jeff Bezo's did.

People forget Amazon was once just a small company that started selling books online when most people didn't really even know what the internet was...

You people act like all these companies were always massive behemoths...

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Source

Do you not understand how stock works or cash flow or anything business related? Jeff Bezos didn't get paid $11 million/hr. His equity in his stock went up $11 million/hr. It could just as easily go down $11 million/hr next quarter. So are the workers going to pay him for the honor to work there when the value of his stock drops?

Also Amazon made like $2 billion last quarter so there is not enough cash to pay $47/hr without losing money.

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Wow, so this really isn’t a conspiracy site anymore. I remember when Bezo’s Links to the CIA were discussed here as well as the possibility of him being a company man himself. Think about what Amazon really is and how it is a further step toward every single transaction being monitored/controlled.

First it was Wal-mart killing all the mom & pops, boutiques and locally owned businesses. Now Amazon is choking out all the big retailers. Amazon is the tip of the spear in a direction taking us to one big global Acme company, the only game in tow. Anything you buy will be from the company and as such tracked from production to eventual purchaser. Packages will be delivered from airborne warehouses manned by robots brought to doorstep via drones further crushing employment. Forget about wages, in a decade or so having a job period will be an accomplishment.

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: trollz

How dare you call any of this into question??

You sir are a commie scum!

You're going down Mr.

Bezos will exploit the planet like never before and you will LOVE it!

edit on 8-9-2018 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Bitch about bezos all you want but he didn't do anything except give the public what they want. A new DVD player delivered to our door in two business days.

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Whats an "DVD player"?

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Old school cool...

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 11:23 AM
link   
I want to purchase a food-saver vacuum sealer unit soon. I was told by a buddy who bought one I could pick one up at Walmart like he did a while back. So I'm looking at units at the Walmart website to get an idea of prices. Yea, they had them, but guess what? They weren't available at my local Walmart, they'd have to order it and either ship to to my home (at my cost for shipping) or to the store where I'd have to pick it up.

So guess I might as well just get it on Amazon for a cheaper price and have it shipped for free to my home. I can't go to Walmart, look one over and get it there, so why not just order it on Amazon and hope it's what I want? At least the initial shipping will be free, with Walmart, I have to wait for it to ship to the store then go into town twice (once to pick it up, then again to return it if it's not what I wanted) or I'd have to pay shipping twice. If I could just go to Walmart and pick one up today after looking at it I would, even if I had to return it tomorrow. Walmart and other stores make it so you will likely turn to Amazon if it isn't available at their stores.

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: MichiganSwampBuck

I bought two at Christmas time on Amazon for $35 each.
Walmart had one on the shelf for $70.

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 12:30 PM
link   
With the acquisition of a mail order pharmacy to go with their grocery / produce there is not much reason to shop anywhere else. A few clicks and stuff arrives at your door. It frees a lot of time that was spent going to various stores. They are becoming the one stop shop. Reminds me of the general store we had when growing up.

posted on Sep, 8 2018 @ 12:36 PM
link   
"Jeff Bezos makes over $11 million PER HOUR"

Or what Bill Gates calls minimum wage.

You know, like Elon Musk, Jess Bezos also seems like a good name for a Bond villain, though I think Jules Bezos would be better. Can't you just picture Jules, in his Amazon prime, sitting at the head of a big table, stroking his cat with a diamond collar, interrogating his employees as to the progress of the launch of his combo DVD player and space laser that will hold all mankind hostage? Jules asking how much does he have to spend, anyway, before he gets free shipping for his laser?! His project manager saying, "Jules, everybody knows there's no free shipping that exists for space launches," Jules pushing a button and his manager dropping through the floor and into a tank of sharks?

Yes, once he's done with the deep state, this is a job for Bond. James Bond.

<<   2 >>

join