It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Colin Kaepernick Nike Commercial

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Hello ATS.

Despite how you feel about.. well, basically everything becoming political (me personally, I hate it with a passion), we simply cannot ignore the reality of it, nor can we ignore the obvious undertone of it in this video. And especially in this day and age, I think it's safe to say it will only continue to become more and more prominent in our every day lives -- so I guess we better get used to it. Politics aside, I thought the video was actually good and quite powerful and inspiring. I'm sure the commercial will evoke some mixed emotions so I thought it'd be interesting to share it with you all. Peace.

+7 more 
posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Reeboks are looking better and better

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Great commercial, thanks for sharing!! I was expecting something very differant!

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 04:59 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 05:02 PM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

I don't believe in disrespecting the flag and not sorry he lost everything.

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Good commercial actually. I liked it. Which is surprising given I’m a anti-kneeling, trump supporter. The message is good, whom is delivering it, sucks. That’s why I won’t aupport Nike or the nfl anymore. I haven’t watched a nfl game in 2 years, and now, I won’t buy Nike anymore. I’ll just buy under armor.

Cheers,
Camain

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 05:08 PM
link   
So what happened to this guy.

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Although I wish Nike's bottom line would suffer greatly for this, and I personally will never buy another pair of Nikes, realistically speaking they will probably win over this. as Chicago's first Mayor Daley said (paraphrased), "Call me anything you want, but spell my name right." The fact is that it doesn't matter if the publicity surrounding Nike's move here is positive or negative. It's still publicity and still puts Nike's name in print, which overall increases name recognition, which results in more sales.

+8 more 
posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 05:17 PM
link   
A man bitching about people being mistreated just signed a contract with a company using pennies an hour labor.

Guess he only cares about his own causes....

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 05:20 PM
link   

I personally do not like football. I think football players are like the Gladiators of our day, go into the arena and get your brains beat in, and we don't want to hear/see any of your dribble. Seriously, we don't want to hear or see it.

When you watch a sport, that is what you want to watch. It used to be for relaxing, to take your mind off of the problems of the world. You don't want to watch football to see how to make a tuna sandwich, just like you don't want to watch politics. When I watch a comedy, I don't want one of them to stop in the middle of their gig to donate blood.

I have to wonder did kneeling actually make things better for "wrongdoings against African Americans and minorities in the United States" (Kaepernick's reason for kneeling). I don't think so. (btw, I'm a minority) I seriously wonder if his kneeling changed one person's view on "wrongdoings".

What I did like was Lebron's bit in this video. It show something I think will actually work. Education. His experiment might work and it might not but at least he is doing something. I like that he is doing it on his own time and not while playing basketball.

One more little bit. If NFL players REALLY wanted to protest the "wrongdoings" they could all just quit, The NFL is made up of approximately 68% of African American players. The NBA is made up of apx 75%. My friends, now that would make a a statement.

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Awesome message there. Well done commercial over all.

I actually just bought a pair of nikes an hour ago. They were on sale and quite comfy when I tried them out, which meets my criteria for new shoe buying.

I personally couldn't care less if the football man stands or not. I just hope my crazy neighbor doesn't notice the shoes and tell me why I'm wrong for buying them and should burn them ASAP.

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 05:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Fantastic, highly relevent point. Maybe Ol kaepernick should visit the South Pacific and China and do some kneeling there.

eta: so I just finished the commercial, the message is fine, not really original, but a good message Connecting it to Kaepernick as if his football career going down the tubes was due to him taking this stand is ludicrous. His career was ready ending.

Putting him on a pedestal is ridiculous, I prefer adidas anyway
edit on 6-9-2018 by BlueJacket because: Eta

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 05:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1
Reeboks are looking better and better

Reeboks are better shoes if you have narrow feet like I do anyhow. Nikes are wide like too many people's butts these days.

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueJacket

The guy made millions and says he sacrificed...
Call pat tillman's family...

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 05:35 PM
link   

great message. I'm glad he found the appropriate venue for his message.

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 05:38 PM
link   
This was a stupid move by Nike. Half your customer base is going to be alienated because of this disrespectful twit. My wife and daughter already said they are done with Nike. I never bought them anyway as I can’t pay more than $35-$40 bucks for shoes without feeling like I am wasting money.

What Kaepernick did was so disrespectful to many people. I hope Nike pays for this big time because the backlash on social media is huge right now.

This is just liberal virtue signaling by Nike.
edit on 2018/9/6 by Metallicus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Nah, shoes are one of those things I don't compromise on, and a good pair is absolutely worth the money. I just look for fit more than label.

That's why I've always trended toward shoes that are very narrow over shoes that say Nike on them. I will occasionally find a pair of Nikes that do fit well, but it's hard.

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Another excellent point, Tillman...an actual sacrifice.

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 05:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
This was a stupid move by Nike. Half your customer base is going to be alienated because of this disrespectful twit. My wife and daughter already said they are done with Nike. I never bought them anyway as I can’t pay more than $35-$40 bucks for shoes without feeling like I am wasting money.

What Kaepernick did was so disrespectful to many people. I hope Nike pays for this big time because the backlash on social media is huge right now.

This is just liberal virtue signaling by Nike.

I kind of feel like the burning of shoes you paid big bucks for is more "virtue signaling". Kaepernick sure pissed off a lot of folks, and he lost his job because of it. Sure he had the right to protest during the anthem just as he did, but not one person alive had to like it, and those who didn't stopped watching the game when all the others tried to ride his coat tails.
Now the NFL has a real problem on their hands, and it appears Nike is about to as well. Another fantastic reason not to bring politics into your job. Pay the price if you do, and try not to have that surprised look on your face when you are standing all alone with empty pockets.

posted on Sep, 6 2018 @ 05:57 PM
link   
I didn’t care for the commercial. I found it to push narcissistic unrealistic expectations.

What’s with the ego driven “ you have to be the best” ?
Give me a good ol’ contender, who just tries their best.

<<   2  3 >>

join