It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A different view on the NYTimes op-ed about Trump

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Given the instability many witnessed, there were early whispers within the cabinet of invoking the 25th Amendment, which would start a complex process for removing the president. But no one wanted to precipitate a constitutional crisis. So we will do what we can to steer the administration in the right direction until — one way or another — it’s over.

NYTimes

Early whispers. Does that not imply that early will grow into late, that this is not the end of the story?

Has anyone considered that this op-ed may have come from someone close to Trump, someone trying to protect him -- perhaps even one of his lawyers.

If the 25th is invoked and the President is removed due to being unstable or unfit to serve his duties, can he at the same time be responsible for and indicted for whatever the investigation may bring? Can someone mentally unfit be responsible for the things they've done?

This is the most important part of the article for me, that this is being discussed. I believe the purpose of the article may be to get the idea out there and start a national debate on it.

We'll see.

+1 more 
posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 09:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Kharron

It is Fan fiction , get over it, and if it isn't fan fiction it is treason on the highest level to have an unknown, un-elected de facto president stealing documents off the oval office desk .

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Kersplooosh.

hahaha.

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 09:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: norhoc

It is Fan fiction , get over it, and if it isn't fan fiction it is treason on the highest level to have an unknown, un-elected de facto president stealing documents off the oval office desk .

What if it's attorney fiction, and saves him from a prison sentence?

Leaves him disgraced but at home and with family.

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 09:12 PM
link   

It is treason plain and simple. they should be found and prosecuted

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 09:12 PM
link   

and attorney fiction is still fiction , genius

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 09:18 PM
link   
a reply to: norhoc

That's basically what this person is admitting to. If we take it for face-value that this is legitimate then there are people in the White House who 1) believe the president is so unfit that they've actively considered the 25th amendment (which is a terrifying possibility begging for a constitutional crisis) and 2) they're using Trump to push their agenda and ideology upon the American people through a sort of shadow presidency.

Don’t get me wrong. There are bright spots that the near-ceaseless negative coverage of the administration fails to capture: effective deregulation, historic tax reform, a more robust military and more.

These are dangerous times for our republic.

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 09:21 PM
link   

A lawyer might be disbarred or have legal problems.

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 09:24 PM
link   
I've said it before, Trump has always been " the distraction " that " they " needed...

That simple, we were doing good, making progress, its one thing to create a fuss and get people talking and thinking, it's another thing to get the hatred we now have towards one's political values, instead of racists, we now have politi-cists* ( you get the picture )

Think about it...

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Why not Trump himself? I've heard stories of his tactical geniusnessness...ness.

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 09:32 PM
link   

I don’t think his ego would let him go out in such a depreciating way. Then again, if he’s half the puppet he’s made out to be it may not be up to him.

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 09:35 PM
link   
The NYTimes op-ed is a Democrat smear operation.

The election Autumn Witch of November is gaining its high winds.

💥😎💥

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 09:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

A lawyer might be disbarred or have legal problems.

Not if he really is mentally unfit, then it is just a defense strategy. An insane person cannot be criminally liable.

But I doubt the 25th could be invoked without the public momentum behind it, which this letter may begin.

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Interesting perspective. That they know Mueller is making ready and this is a ''he's mentally incompetent'' and so cannot be held accountable for his actions. If this comes to be the case, I know I will have heard it here first.

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 10:08 PM
link   
All this does in hammer home what I've said before: Trump is a lesson we are all, no matter what side of the imaginary line you huddle up on, failing in a spectacularly miserable fashion.

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 10:19 PM
link   
a reply to: norhoc

It is not treason. It's theft.

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Sooooo..

You guys believe the NYT's Trump-bashing anonymous source is legit. Yet the NYT, the entire MSM and the Democrats all believe Qanon is a phony, crackpot, right-wing conspiracy because of it's anonymity.

Interesting. Go on...

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Your unfit is not the "unable" as written in the 25th.

A conspiracy to use the 25th when potus is not "unable" to carry out his duties is a crime.

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Who ever wrote the piece will be soon sorry being even born. SS will be visiting NYT and based on threat to national security get the person ID’ed.

posted on Sep, 5 2018 @ 11:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: deckdel

Who ever wrote the piece will be soon sorry being even born. SS will be visiting NYT and based on threat to national security get the person ID’ed.

Another Constitutional crisis?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join