It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hiker Disappears Without a Trace in Washington State

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 06:08 PM
link   
This young woman disappeared weeks ago and they had one of the biggest search operations in the history of Washington and haven't found a trace of her. This happened around the same time another hiker was found dead in a stream not too far away from that area. This is in a pretty rugged area, which doesn't see a huge amount of visitors, though it's not real far from civilization. This is a mystery, not a conspiracy, and it makes me wonder if possibly a cryptid like Bigfoot was involved?

www.huffingtonpost.com...

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Also this is fairly near where two women hikers were mysteriously shot dead about ten years ago.

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 06:14 PM
link   
So are you saying that bigfoot carries a gun? Hmmm.

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 06:21 PM
link   
No saying it could be bigfoot or a crazy hermit with a gun. I will try to post a map. I uploaded a pic of a map with the sites, but the photo system on this website is so retarded I can't get it to find the picture I just uploaded.
edit on 3-9-2018 by CB328 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 06:46 PM
link   
I've hiked and camped that area, and it's about as rugged a bit of country as you can hope to find.

A body, living or dead, could be laying right out in the open, and never be found.

Add to that nature's little clean up crews, and it's long odds.

Hopefully, she's found alive.

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 06:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: CB328
No saying it could be bigfoot or a crazy hermit with a gun. I will try to post a map. I uploaded a pic of a map with the sites, but the photo system on this website is so retarded I can't get it to find the picture I just uploaded.
Well at least you have not yet resorted to tying this to a certain powerful figure you spend an amazing amount of time ripping on.

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 07:08 PM
link   
It's not that big of a mystery. Many-many people go out in the wood up here in the PNW without being prepared for it. A few weeks ago I went on a local hiking trail in Olympic National Park and got worried looks from a fellow hiker due to the gun I was carrying (I had asked a Park Ranger about carrying it before hand and they said it was allowed). Things changed when people had stopped to watch some deer cross a field and a kid said, "look at the kitty". A mountain lion was stalking the deer no more then 20ft from us. Suddenly the gun toting hiker became everyone friend.

My point is that this woman went out in the woods unprepared for this kind of stuff. I mean we just had an event where a cyclist got attacked by a mountain lion, yet people are still not taking the threat seriously. I hope they find this woman at this point to give the family closure on her disappearance, but the chances of finding her alive at this point are very-very slim. Not impossible, but very slim.

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 07:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Guyfriday

You make a lot of assumptions and state your opinions as fact.

Bad combo

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 07:20 PM
link   

This young woman disappeared weeks ago and they had one of the biggest search operations in the history of Washington and haven't found a trace of her. This happened around the same time another hiker was found dead in a stream not too far away from that area. This is in a pretty rugged area, which doesn't see a huge amount of visitors, though it's not real far from civilization. This is a mystery, not a conspiracy, and it makes me wonder if possibly a cryptid like Bigfoot was involved?

www.huffingtonpost.com...

Do yourself a favor, read missing 411, and watch the movie missing411 its riveting......its actually a culmination of TONS of missing persons reports that have happened in parks and wilderness areas, with no explanation and really really OFF situations.

David Paulides does a marvelous job

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 07:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aallanon

Bad combo

Hes not wrong though, I lived in the PNW for quite a few years, theres everything from lions to some of the biggest damn bears outside of Alaska youll ever see. Not to mention it can be 85 degrees or 90 in the day, and then plummet at night when the rains come in and you end up with hypothermia.

You HAVE to be prepared for any/most scenarios if you go out in areas like that. Including having a backup plan/food resources, in the event you gt stuck and/or lost.

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 07:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Whatthedoctorordered

Sigh. You know it all I guess.

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Animal attacks in Washington are extremely rare though. The mountain lion one recently was the first mountain lion attack in Washington I have ever heard of in 50 years.

My ex who thinks she's a psychic says two men abducted her, but the odds of any hermits living out that far and high are almost zero.

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 07:38 PM
link   
a reply to: CB328

Animal attacks Leave a trace.

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Bad combo

A lot of people due go out in the woods unprepared, that's not an opinion unless you think a water bottle and yoga pants are good outdoor survival gear. Now if you are talking about me going out for a hike with a gun, the kid seeing a mountain lion, or the story about the guy who was attacked by a mountain lion is opinion, then I don't know what to tell you.

If you are confused about what I said then maybe ask me to clarify any points of confusion, but until then I will stand by what I stated as is.

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 07:46 PM
link   

You are implying (your opinion) that this particular incident was due to ill preparedness. You didn't and can't provide proof of that but that didn't stop you from stating it as fact.

The fact is you don't know and it could have been aliens, bigfoot, a hermit, a timeslip or any # of things.

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 07:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Whatthedoctorordered

Bad combo

Hes not wrong though, I lived in the PNW for quite a few years, theres everything from lions to some of the biggest damn bears outside of Alaska youll ever see. Not to mention it can be 85 degrees or 90 in the day, and then plummet at night when the rains come in and you end up with hypothermia.

You HAVE to be prepared for any/most scenarios if you go out in areas like that. Including having a backup plan/food resources, in the event you gt stuck and/or lost.

Like the beach jogger that got stuck on a cliffside when the tide rolled in on the Kitsap Peninsula not long ago. If she had taken the time to read the tide charts before running on the beach she wouldn't have had to be rescued.

The attack by that mountain lion was very rare, you are right, but in resent years I've seen deer galore, bears, and yes ever bobcats and mountains lions going through the neighborhood and I live in a city here not some out in the woods place. Being prepared when heading out for a friendly trail hike is just something people don't seem to do anymore (well some of us do, but you get the drift)

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 07:51 PM
link   
can anyone tell me how to post a picture on this stupid site? I uploaded one, but the embed picture button shows a blank list, and there's no option to upload directly from the computer that I can see anywhere.
edit on 3-9-2018 by CB328 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 07:57 PM
link   

can anyone tell me how to post a picture on this stupid site? I uploaded one, but the embed picture button shows a blank list, and there's no option to upload directly from the computer that I can see anywhere.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 08:01 PM
link   

You are implying (your opinion) that this particular incident was due to ill preparedness. You didn't and can't provide proof of that but that didn't stop you from stating it as fact.

The fact is you don't know and it could have been aliens, bigfoot, a hermit, a timeslip or any # of things.

Fine, maybe she was "Raptured" and all of us here are just "Left Behinds" then. Realistically if she was properly prepared then she could have signaled others that she was in need of help, or she could have at the very least informed others of her exact hiking plan so that finding her would have been easier to start rather then just having searchers guess at her possible locations. She could have carried with her a GPS SOS signaler so that her location could have been trans-potted to rescuers (provided that she was in an open area), or she could have carried many other items that could have given a location in the event that she was hurt or unable to self rescue. On the other hand if she was injured to the point of death, then the best anyone can hope for is that her body is found. So yes I guess this is just my opinion though, I mean how are we ever going to notify anyone if an alien, Big Foot( or Sasquatch as they are locally known as), or crazy Hermit took her. Shoot even if she time slipped, was "Raptured", some other supernatural thing happened I guess nothing could have prepared her for that.

One thing that happened when all this first started was a point of; "Did she run away from her life"? and to this day nobody can answer that, so maybe she isn't so much as missing as she just may be in hiding. We won't know until something is found. Then again this could also just be my opinion too.

posted on Sep, 3 2018 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Here is a map with three locations of deaths/disappearances.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join