It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Game tournament mass shooter was prescribed anti-psychotic and antidepressant medications

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 06:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

I just posted the video that someone else had problems doing ... kill the messenger.

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 07:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Echo007
The article says he was prescribed anti-psychotic and anti-depressant medications as a teenager, it doesn't say if he was currently taking them or not. If he hasn't taken them in years, not sure why it was mentioned in the article.

He should have been precluded from being able to legally purchase a firearm, imo, from what is detailed in this article: Jacksonville shooter had history of mental illness and police visits to family home

That's the problem with current "gun laws."

See previous post

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 08:29 PM
link   
a reply to: CaptainBeno

I am very familiar with all of Jim Jeffreys’ material. I was a fan of his and Jon Stewart and all the Comedy Central stars. Then I grew up. If you are over 30 and can’t see through their BS, then it is I who feels sorry for you.

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 08:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Guiltyguitarist

Personally, i think the Man is hilarious.

So whats the deal somehow on your 30th birthday your sense of humor drastically changes?

You seem to be rather full of pity for others Guiltyguitarist.

Are you sure you are not the son of God after all?

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 08:50 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

If you get your political ideas from comedians, I pity you.
Might I suggest some real intellectuals like Ben Shapiro or Jordan Peterson to name a few
Star from me for the son of God zinger. That was funny. But if youre keeping score it was Beno that pitied me at first
edit on 30-8-2018 by Guiltyguitarist because: (no reason given)

And no your sense of humor doesn’t change, your brain matures enough to see the flaws in their logic.

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 09:01 PM
link   

More pity. LoL

Need to lighten up buddy, all politics are politicians are already bought and paid for.

It's all a sham really, mere window dressing for the masses.

End of the day it's the bankers and corporations that wag the politicians tail.

Personally, i like to listen to John Oliver drone on about politics.

As to the likes of Shapiro, way too conservative and boring for my liking, but each to there own.

Never heard of Jordan Peterson before.

My brain just does its own thing buddy, hopefully for some time to come.

edit on 30-8-2018 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Yep, and still do bro.

Eternal Pity.

If you can't take anything from that video, well, let's just say it say's a lot and you're in the minority. The 10%'ers

But in reality, its what makes your state one of the most violent ones in the States? It's no wonder everyone has itchy trigger fingers.

Out of interest, do you sleep with a gun or is it locked in a safe?
edit on 30-8-2018 by CaptainBeno because: added a bit

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 09:18 PM
link   

My guns are not in a safe. I’m going to win. It’s the reason I’ve won 2 confrontations so far.
Safety on, empty chamber. My guns are safe until it’s time for them to not be safe.
Once again please don’t pity me. I used to think like you. I was liberal as it gets. Loved Comedy Central, Michael Moore, and all that Soros funded propaganda. I’m actually watching the office on Comedy Central right now. But I can see through the BS now and take it for what it is, a joke. In real life I would have you rolling with laughter. But this is serious.

Now that I’ve answered your question answer mine: how old are you?

PS. I already saw that routine years ago. I don’t think you get that I’ve been on both sides of the aisle

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 09:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Guiltyguitarist
a reply to: BrianFlanders

I feel like I am trying to teach you something that I know like I know my name, and you and a couple other members want to dismiss it and file it under a convenient cookie cutter umbrella.

And I think you're misguided at best.

The media is (intentionally or not) inflaming this situation with these types of incidents and it's blatantly obvious.

But to say they wouldn’t have done it if the news didn’t show it is to have your head in the sand.

Nobody is denying that # happens with or without media coverage. But when you have the exact same scenario happening over and over down to the last detail, it is obvious these people are copying what they see in the media.

I'm not saying it would never happen otherwise or couldn't happen any other way. I'm saying that when the media blows these things out of proportion a lot of very impressionable people are out there listening and getting bad ideas. And there are certain people who know this and don't care because the more often it happens, the more it props up their disgusting political agenda to destroy civil liberties in this country.
edit on 30-8-2018 by BrianFlanders because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Yes I agree with that. But I don’t believe you elaborated your point like that at first. I do believe the media is trying to make the public afraid of guns and focusing on the mass shootings is their way of taking away the 2a. I

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Haven't the public always been afraid of Guns?

Kind of how they apparently function as a deterrent really, all through that's also debatable.

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Not the American public. There is “ a rifle behind every blade of grass”. That’s more TV propaganda.

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 10:09 PM
link   

But if there is no fear of guns then how are they a deterrent?

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 10:34 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Read slower Andy. The media is TRYING to make the public afraid. That’s why it is propaganda.
PS you can’t troll a troll

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Well then in all your age and wisdom surely you can tell me how your army prevents your women from being raped during home invasions
And surely in your 45 years you’ve figured out why it’s morally superior to be a victim than to protect your loved ones?

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 10:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Guiltyguitarist

Yes I agree with that. But I don’t believe you elaborated your point like that at first.

I didn't think I had to.

I do believe the media is trying to make the public afraid of guns and focusing on the mass shootings is their way of taking away the 2a. I

Actually, it's worse than that. They are pushing "mental illness" as a vague catchall excuse to deny people their rights. If they get their way about it, it won't matter whether or not the 2A (or any other right) still exists on paper. Because depriving any person of every single one of their rights will be as easy as diagnosing them with some vague disorder or syndrome that strips them of their status as free citizens.

You see? The Bill Of Rights doesn't have to go away in order for it to be nullified. If it comes down to 90% of the population being "medically" deemed to be "unfit to be free" then they can deny that they're actually doing what they're actually doing (effectively taking people's rights away from them).

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 11:01 PM
link   

In 45 years I haven't had a robbery, home invasion, rape. In fact nothing?

Your gun ain't gonna help you when you have a "Tyrannical Government" I'm not sure if you have noticed, they are trained in playing a better game of hide and seek than you are. Plus, here's the bummer.......They have Jets, Helicopters, Tanks, Ships and drones. I can tell you from experience, you ain't out running my jet when I'm after your ass
(I see you down there "pew pew pew" lol)

Never been a victim. We don't have guns in society, nor do the "robbers". They know if they enter...."it's on" the good old fashioned way. Fists. I have no need to kill anyone.....nor do they it seems (historical fact) Once again, might say a lot about your country?

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 11:06 PM
link   
In all of this conversation we've had so far which includes Drugs, Mental Illness, Guns etc. Would it be fair to point out all roads are leading to the fact you don't trust your government and you are all stockpiling guns for the day they give the go ahead for something?? It certainly seem this way?

Paranoia or what guys?

Or is it mental illness.....I can't decide?

posted on Aug, 30 2018 @ 11:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: CaptainBeno
In all of this conversation we've had so far which includes Drugs, Mental Illness, Guns etc. Would it be fair to point out all roads are leading to the fact you don't trust your government and you are all stockpiling guns for the day they give the go ahead for something?? It certainly seem this way?

Paranoia or what guys?

Or is it mental illness.....I can't decide?

I personally wouldn't trust anyone but I especially wouldn't trust someone who seems to be determined to disarm me. Whether owning a firearm actually helps me in any way or not, the guy who wants to pull your teeth is probably not the guy you want to trust to feed you once you're toothless.

And I don't own one gun. I'm just saying that this is plain old common sense. if you've got someone who wants you to remove all the locks from all your doors, you should probably not trust those people.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join