It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oath to "Global Society" vs. Pledge of Allegiance

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 09:02 AM
link   
This has gone WAY too far!!

An Atlanta school has decided they will no longer recite the pledge of allegiance, and will instead develop an "Oath" which...

“will focus on students’ civic responsibility to their school family, community, country and our global society.”

Source

Parents are objecting. No wonder!

The PC World has gone completely INSANE!

What do YOU think?

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 09:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

You do have to wonder what kind of country or even world will be around in another 20 to 50 years... I am glad I have lived my life when I did..

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 09:13 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Likewise!

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 09:15 AM
link   

i think its no big deal that they dont recite the pledge.
prefer it actually.

i dont like forced indoctrination.

a global society oath though??

pretty stupid too

how bout just get to school on time and start with the learning

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 09:16 AM
link   
and it has been quashed

In less than a day, school officials reversed course.

the kids will still get their loyalty time.

its all good

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

Yes, but it just underscores the agenda in our schools today.

It got stopped this time, but it's not going away. They probably had a "Come to Geezus" call with district officials who told them to walk that back because they'd lose serious funding if they didn't and the blowback would be incredible! Otherwise, they would have followed through.

It was a trail balloon for things to come.

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 09:27 AM
link   

see what you want.
times change.

i dont see why that has to be put on the loud speakers every day at school. never made sense to me.
its never going to.

i dont like forced patriotism.
others dont seem to mind.

even kids that are too young to understand it listen to it every day and learn it and stand and recite it.

i dont like that

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 11:41 AM
link   
“will focus on students’ civic responsibility to their school family, community, country and our global society.”
First, I am not in favor or oaths or pledges being made in schools by children not old enough to have made their own decisions. This goes for the pledge of allegiance to any flag.

But what I noticed here was to me interesting. Many of us have been encouraged in our up bringing to be faithful to our surroundings. Grade school kids are encouraged to root for their teams against other grade schools. Then they go to middle school and half the kids there went to the schools they were trained to root against and that cycle begins anew. Root against the other middle schools.

Then it is on to high school where the middle school kids no find themselves with students who used to attend the other middle schools they used to root against. So now they all join together to root against the other high schools.

Then they move on to city college or junior college and guess what, there they go to school with students from the other high schools and then go to university and root against other universities and then graduate and work along side the students from other universties and compete against other workers from other nations.

Well, looking at the points in that oath, remember now, I am against oaths for children, I find it curious that the points in that oath are very similar to regular conservative goals.

Responsibility, Check, conservative value
To family Check conservative value
To school Check conservative value
To community Check conservative value
To nation Check conservative value

Have I gotten to the PC part of this oath that some are having trouble with? Where is the PC in any of that. I don't see it.

It is only when we get to the next logical progression of this responsibility tree that must be quavering people, the desire to instill in children a drive to consider all peoples around the world in their responsibility training.

So in light of that notion of progressing example of children moving up through our schools systems, first learning to bond with kids on one level then moving up and learning to bond with kids on a higher level and on and up until they reach adult head and have learned to bond with other workers, why is it that the process should stop there? Why not go on and train people to feel responsible for the whole planet.

Again I am not in favor or oaths for children. Much of what children in school are given is not training but rather indoctrination. I say save it all until they are old enough to understand what it is they are being trained for.

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Well if the goal is to remove pride and devotion to one's country then they are on that track.

I do not think it is a good idea if we want to keep things in tact in the usa.

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

And I wouldn't disagree entirely with your posture either.

It would be one thing if they just eliminated the Pledge altogether, but that's not what they wanted to do. They want to put some other 'Globalist' oath in its place. To me, that is wholly different.

Eliminate the pledge - fine. Change the pledge into some PC globalist 'forced patriotism' to suit an agenda - NOT fine.

This is my point.

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 12:29 PM
link   
when i was in 8th grade, my amazing social studies teacher Mr. Borchert showed us a video, about how to indoctrinate people to foreign threats, and you do it thru teaching kids to sh!t on the flag.

damn, a few years later, the psycho internati0nalists are actually doing it.

its a shame, a damn shame.

we live in the republic, if you do not like it, for sure GTFO. we do not need that trash here.

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: dantanna

I feel like not enough people consider moving to another nation. In my eyes, the relative ease of such a transition is one of the advantages of our modern world. Perhaps the issue is that its used and perceived as some sort of derogatory insult.

Personally, I am a globalist. However, like so very many things, the provided "paths" in that direction are simply not anything I can get behind.

I feel like the concept of a united states system is easily scalable globally. Of course, in the most obvious example (United States of America), "states rights" were subjugated by the overarcing system. Which eventually gave rise to many in society not only being unaware of the difference, but vehemently opposed to any individual identity on several levels.

I don't see nationalism and globalism as mutually exclusive, at least not outside the Cultural Story we have written up to this point. This story exemplifies that, wherein the local identity is eschewed completely.

I feel like the biggest danger there is that we are not particularly capable of accurately perceiving and understanding things beyond a relatively small scale. Even in a single city, most will reduce things to a pretty homogeneous blob of a handful of "tribes." Anything that encourages this is, in my opinion, a very real problem that is only exacerbated by a global, instant media.

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 12:45 PM
link   
To the Republic for which it stands (the flag).
There is nothing wrong with pledging allegiance to our system of governance.
Our flag is simply the symbol for it.
It is truly the bottom line of our society and the basis for our system of laws.
Nationalism is not a dirty word, we share a bond, a country and a collective future.
Better that we work together instead of being fragmented and squabbling over everything.
edit on 26-8-2018 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

I totally agree!

Well said. I should have included exactly this earlier.

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

What about their personal responsibility?

At every level of that oath, they are being subsumed to a group. It is at all levels collectivist.

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 01:03 PM
link   
I pledge allegiance to the flag
of the United States of America
and to the Republic for which it stands:
One nation, under God,
indivisible,
with liberty and justice for all.

I have to admit, that is an absolutely horrible thing to try to instill in a child's mind. Allegiance to one's nation... which, incidentally, is the people that make up their family, community, school, etc... comprehension that there is a symbol that stands for that, unity, humility... and then at the end to expect freedom and justice for everyone! What a crock!

Let's see if we can come up with a better slogan...

I hate the country from which I come,
and the people who have given me so much.
Burn the flag which represents them.
Divide the nation.
We are our own gods.
Deny freedom and justice, and let the masses eat cake!

That should please the naysayers...

TheRedneck

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

You had to drag liberty and justice for all in to it...and God no less.
I was trying to get the fence sitters to move our way but I think you done scared 'em off Redneck!
When you say let them eat cake you mean free college and healthcare, right?

PS - I wish I could applaud your post.

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals
It is truly the bottom line of our society and the basis for our system of laws.
Nationalism is not a dirty word, we share a bond, a country and a collective future.
Better that we work together instead of being fragmented and squabbling over everything.

Well, they don't want a Republic for which it stands. They want "global citizens" under a "global government" and that "global government" sure as hell will not be a Republic as it will be a real Oligarchy on a scale US Citizens have never seen before and once it is implemented, you can never leave.

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

originally posted by: Asktheanimals

Well, they don't want a Republic for which it stands. They want "global citizens" under a "global government" and that "global government" sure as hell will not be a Republic as it will be a real Oligarchy on a scale US Citizens have never seen before and once it is implemented, you can never leave.

Let's be plain. Once they institute that one, only God himself will be fixing that mess.

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Beware of "It's always been done that way".

I like the idea of the kids writing their own pledge in class.

One that actually reflects their own thinking.

I'm against forced indoctrination of kids.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join