It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question about Jesus Christ and Heaven

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Hi
I was just wondering if you need to believe in Jesus to get to heaven.
Some people say no and some people say yes.
I am confused.
I am not trying to be an ass or anything, I just want a straight answer.

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 04:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchandwait410
Hi
I am confused.

Depends on the particular religion/denomination you subscribe to.

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 04:16 PM
link   
The Christian answer is that it has nothing to do with believing anything. Demons believe in Jesus. Its about accepting Christ in your heart so that he can dwell within you. Its refered to as being "born again". Hope this helps!
edit on 22-8-2018 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Beware the worship of false idols the only way to heaven is to follow the 10 commandments. The cross and jesus being false idols they are not the Lord god.

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: watchandwait410

I find it hard to believe that any god would send someone to eternal damnation for a short lifetime of not believing in Jesus. You should just be a good person, or at least try your best. After all jesus' Golden rule was to treat others how you'd like to be treated.

ETA: Jesus wasn't even a Christian.

- nom
edit on 22-8-2018 by sine.nomine because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 04:34 PM
link   

maybe its really over, no thoughts, no feelings, nothing. i don't know. religion is for the living, it doesn't matter after death. maybe its only the beginning of something completely different. you call it heaven, i call it a universe open to explore.

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Hi
I am confused.

Who do you mean by "Jesus," and what do you mean by "Heaven?" If you can't clearly and distinctly define either of those things, either for yourself or others, your question is somewhat meaningless.

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 04:42 PM
link   
This is not a question with a short answer.
I'm starting a series of threads on Friday covering the whole issue of "salvation" in the New Testament.
The first 23 threads will say "on the whole, yes", and only on the next one do I come to "on the other hand..."

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift

Hi
I am confused.

Who do you mean by "Jesus," and what do you mean by "Heaven?" If you can't clearly and distinctly define either of those things, either for yourself or others, your question is somewhat meaningless.

Answering a straightforward question with a more confusing question.... Good job!

You deserve a medal!

It's obvious who and where he is referring to.

watchandwait410

Good question. One I don't think any of us on this planet can answer with 100% accuracy. Every denomination will tell you something different. Every religion will also do the same. Even the anti-religions like atheism will give you their version of 'nothing'. I don't subscribe to a totally pointless universe but I can't answer your question with accuracy or any kind of proof. My proof only works for me.

I wouldn't want to give you an answer because If I'm wrong, I would be charged for taking you down with me. Heh

Just do what feels right for you. For me, it's a lifelong search, something I look for every day in everything, in thoughts, in my actions, in the actions of others and how everything turns out.

If you're curious and really want to know.... Just ask the source and like many of us, you will be given the answer. If it really is 'nothing', then you have nothing to lose. If it's something... Welp.. Better to be safe than burnt to a crisp for all eternity.

So many people in the world today are probably asking this exact same question along with "Is God real?".

edit on 22-8-2018 by StallionDuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

Hi
I am confused.

I am currently independent.

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 04:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: sine.nomine

I find it hard to believe that any god would send someone to eternal damnation for a short lifetime of not believing in Jesus. You should just be a good person, or at least try your best. After all jesus' Golden rule was to treat others how you'd like to be treated.

ETA: Jesus wasn't even a Christian.

- nom

I agree that less then 100 years of life should judge eternity.

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: oloufo

maybe its really over, no thoughts, no feelings, nothing. i don't know. religion is for the living, it doesn't matter after death. maybe its only the beginning of something completely different. you call it heaven, i call it a universe open to explore.

Yea dead people are prolly like "those idiots" in the afterlife.

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

Hi
I am confused.

I am currently independent.

Then you get to believe what you want to believe.

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Hi
I am confused.

I guess Catholic Jesus, and Heaven from church... idk are there really more then one?

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 04:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: StallionDuck

Hi
I am confused.

Answering a straightforward question with a more confusing question.... Good job!

You deserve a medal!

It's obvious who and where he is referring to.

watchandwait410

Good question. One I don't think any of us on this planet can answer with 100% accuracy. Every denomination will tell you something different. Every religion will also do the same. Even the anti-religions like atheism will give you their version of 'nothing'. I don't subscribe to a totally pointless universe but I can't answer your question with accuracy or any kind of proof. My proof only works for me.

I wouldn't want to give you an answer because If I'm wrong, I would be charges for taking you down with me. Heh

Just do what feels right for you. For me, it's a lifelong search, something I look for every day in everything, in thoughts, in my actions, in the actions of others and how everything turns out.

If you're curious and really want to know.... Just ask the source and like many of us, you will be given the answer. If it really is 'nothing', then you have nothing to lose. If it's something... Welp.. Better to be safe than burnt to a crisp for all eternity.

Great answer. Thankfully I am not an a hole so my ass is sort of covered.. I hope

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 05:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Themaskedbeast
Beware the worship of false idols the only way to heaven is to follow the 10 commandments. The cross and jesus being false idols they are not the Lord god.

No one come's to the father except by me.
He who see's me see's the father.
The son can only do what he has seen the father doing.
I AM 'the way' and the life and the resurrection.
I shall forgive them what they do not know.
The gate is narrow and 'The Way' is hard that lead's to eternal life.

You deny Jesus the NEW ADAM but did not Satan Deny MAN which had been created in the image of God when he was told to worship it, how much greater the error to deny the SON begotten not made, of one substance with the father.

Jesus is the way but he is at the Right hand of the father, this caused much confusion even among early Christian's, especially the first whom were also Jewish.
Perhaps that is why this ancient first century Jewish Christian site had two alters, one for the father and one for the son before this error was rectified, we worship the father in the Son and the Son in the father together with the holy ghost.

Yeshua Lives.

More Correct to say that YOU can actually not worship the father directly but only through the SON he has sent, remember Saul of Tarsis, he thought that Christian's were a blasphemy until Yeshua himself saved him.

Saul/Paul the most devout and law keeping servant of the Sanhedrin, the early Christian's worse persecutor up that point in time then became Yeshua's instrument to the gentile's after his conversion on the way to actually persecute yet more Followers of the way when Jesus saved his misguided servant and then used him to do the opposite, by converting many to Christ he brought them into that same persecution he himself had once handed out and was destined to suffer himself but he knew then that this was the HARD WAY and that it ended with Joy and eternal life so he tried to keep the flock on the road as best he could.

So He whom had persecuted the followers of the way, the Christian's as they (I feel unworthy to say we since I have not one fraction of the faith they had which so inspires) became there brother and died for his faith in Christ, lost his life to gain his life and an eternal crown, at first he tested the faith of many and then later had to walk that road himself but they whom he had persecuted were waiting to greet there brother once lost and now found with open arm's and heart's full of loving forgiveness and joy.

But oh you can still worship God but how far do you think you will get if you deny his begotten son whom is filled with his own spirit and whom is right there at his right hand side?.

If you worship God and only know lies about Jesus then perhaps he still listens' as after all he is in Jesus and Jesus is in him, he did not die for nothing but to save and he arose from death, remember his body was one substance with the father and sent from the father, his body was therefore really spirit manifest as flesh, after forty day's he rose with clouds (spirit mist) and went back to his father, from thence he shall come again to judge the world.
edit on 22-8-2018 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Great answer. Thankfully I am not an a hole so my ass is sort of covered.. I hope

As I do as well
You wouldn't really know unless the Christ himself comes to you and tells you, since we didn't live in those times and not all of us see (or at least understand) miracles.

I'm more on the Catholic side but I really don't participate. Grand signs and wonders I have not seen but I do believe in some I've heard like the Miracle of the Sun, what took place in Fátima in the early 1900s. So many people witnessed this miracle and it seems to have meaning for me.

In my lifetime, there was Our Lady of Medjugorje. Many people who prayed on their rosaries during this time swear their rosary chains turned to pure gold. My grandmother was one of them. I did witness the gold chain and knowing my family's lack of millions, I'd say that her actually buying a pure gold chain rosary is likely impossible. Besides... That would seem a little counterproductive or counter religious in my Catholic family upbringing. I think it was supposed to be silver and the story goes, she brought it to a jeweler to get it cleaned because she thought it had tarnished (not like today's jewellers... this was a really small town jeweler). The guy said that she didn't need to clean it because it wasn't tarnished, it was gold.

Things, little and smaller, in my life had always pointed me towards believing in God. I was never and most likely not even now, a 'good' Christian. If there is a hell, I'm pretty sure I have one foot there if not both. I questioned my faith a few fragile times in my life but I understand that this is normal and you're always welcomed back when you really want to be.

Wish I really had answers for you. I wish I knew them myself.

Just be a good person. If you feel that there is a God... Then look for him. But do it silently. Do it for yourself. No one has to know your personal relationship with God. If you give alms.. Don't ring a bell. In other words, don't brag because that bragging is your reward, if you do. Religion is a personal, private thing. People today make it loud and obnoxious. Don't do that. That doesn't do any justice to yourself nor your beliefs and it certainly doesn't give brownie points to God. God doesn't need them.

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

On Point....!

I shall forgive them what they do not know.

This is probably the most important part for so many. However, not wanting to or pretending to not know isn't a valid excuse.

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 05:15 PM
link   
On another topic. What scares me is if I get to heaven and then a loved one is not there making the afterlife not Heaven because my loved one is not there.

posted on Aug, 22 2018 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: StallionDuck

Yes he will gather what is his, even steal it back like a thief in the night as it say's and many whom ARE his are currently trapped in other religion's or non at all but like the good Samaritan are beloved by him, in fact he loves us all regardless but there is mourning in heaven for those that can not be saved while there is joy for those can are.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join