It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Any Apple Airport Time Capsule Users Out There?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Greetings ATS,

Anyone have an Apple Airport Time Capsule? And if so, what are you planning to replace it with?

I could use a little geek help here. If anyone isn't familiar with this product it's a combo router/network storage device. It works great, takes up very little space...but unfortunately it's been discontinued by Apple. I've had mine for about 5 years and the internal fan is starting to go. It's only a matter of time before I'll need to replace it.

With that in mind I've seen numerous combinations of routers, NAS devices and USB disks. The particular use of the NAS would be for Time Machine backups and a shared folder for music. (So ditching it in favor of cloud backup isn't really an option). Has anyone replaced their Time Capsule and if so, what did you replace it with? Also, how did you fare in replacing it? Just looking for some recommendations.

Thanks.

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: RomaSempre

Just ditch your Capsule and go with Eero. Thank me later. Eero

edit on 8/16/2018 by Alien Abduct because: you can keep your NAS

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Alien Abduct

I've seen those...very cool. The sticking point is I need network accessible disk. I'll take a look to see if the base unit has a USB port. Thanks!

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 02:20 PM
link   
The best bet is to use the item as much LITTLE as possible and then drag off the data to some other device...to the IT sort of guys its easy normal and theres a various poems about data security and while it sounds an easy fix it I'd take a data dump

Data has a price and getting the people in who can at least tell you iff the data is still available will cost.
edit on 16-8-2018 by Maxatoria because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Whatever you choose , get 2 with clustering capability
Thank me when one fails.

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 04:52 PM
link   
I just have a 4tb external drive I use for Time Machine. I have a second 4tb external that I do monthly backups on and store off site. Pretty simple.

posted on Aug, 16 2018 @ 09:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: RomaSempre
a reply to: Alien Abduct

I've seen those...very cool. The sticking point is I need network accessible disk. I'll take a look to see if the base unit has a USB port. Thanks!

It doesnt

posted on Aug, 20 2018 @ 02:13 PM
link   

edit on 8/20/2018 by Alien Abduct because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join