It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Unknown Fastmover UAV Possibly Spotted at Malan AB, China

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 08:38 PM
link   
a reply to: anzha
Air launched gliding test platform I think.Hi speed uses a lot of fuel if powered.

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 08:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Blackfinger

It's possible, but China is known to have two high speed ("fast mover") drones under development.

They are, iirc, runway takeoffs.

posted on Aug, 18 2018 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Be interesting to see range figures..Higher the Mach speed,more fuel,less range or more aerial refuels.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 09:03 AM
link   

It seems that one writer thinks this was a telegraph of an operational hypersonic UAV.

Translated text:

60 is the number of messages to aircrafts (NOTAM) that would correspond to high supersonic or hypersonic tests possible in China that we recorded between September 2015 and early July this year. While not all of them are necessarily linked to the ultra-high-speed reconnaissance drone project developed by the 611 Chengdu Institute, the latest satellite photos dating back two months still seem to suggest that the machine would have already entered service at within the Chinese armed forces.

Original French:

60, c’est le nombre de messages aux navigants aériens (NOTAM) qui correspondraient à des essais hauts supersoniques ou hypersoniques possibles en Chine que nous avons recensé entre Septembre 2015 et début Juillet cette année. Si tous ne sont pas forcément liés au projet du drone de reconnaissance à très grande vitesse développé par l’Institut 611 Chengdu, les dernières photos satellites datant il y a deux mois semblent tout de même suggérer que l’engin serait déjà entré en service au sein des forces armées chinoises.

www.eastpendulum.com...

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 10:28 AM
link   
thats like saying water is wet, therefore its raining tomorrow

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: mightmight

Agreed.

posted on Aug, 21 2018 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Id agree,they had a few years head start..Its a pity USA and rest of the world couldnt keep things going back in the day.

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 11:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: anzha

It seems that one writer thinks this was a telegraph of an operational hypersonic UAV.

Translated text:

60 is the number of messages to aircrafts (NOTAM) that would correspond to high supersonic or hypersonic tests possible in China that we recorded between September 2015 and early July this year. While not all of them are necessarily linked to the ultra-high-speed reconnaissance drone project developed by the 611 Chengdu Institute, the latest satellite photos dating back two months still seem to suggest that the machine would have already entered service at within the Chinese armed forces.

An operational hypersonic vehicle (manned or unmanned) operated by a foreign power would be a good reason for the recent public push by the DoD to field hypersonic platforms within the near future. In terms of optics, if the Chinese started publicly fielding the tech before the US, it wouldn't look good (and given current events RE: Containment of China, they have great reason to do so).

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 11:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Masisoar

there is operation craft(notice i didn't specify AIR) that are hypersonic a good number of us on this forum have seen them with our own eyes.

If you take into account the number of SR-71's that we build and flow it is a relatively small number so i think...no i know the US has already broken the hypersonic barrier if and out of the air. the real question is how many of these craft have been built, we can say at least one and there are a few different things that would fit 'hypersonic' that are clearly already operational.

china will always be playing catch regardless of their cloak and dagger acquisition methods

i myself have seen an orange light very very high(most likely in space) cross the entire horizon in a matter of seconds but i don't think it counts if your in LEO

others have seen a green light going HIGH supersonic if not hypersonic(i think its hypersonic)

and the most esoteric and occult topic here, the black triangles. my experience seeing them showed me that we broke the hypersonic barrier and maybe even faster.

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 11:27 PM
link   
a reply to: penroc3

Most excellent s

edit on 10-9-2018 by GBP/JPY because: IN THE FINE TEXAS TRADITION

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Oh man doncha love it

edit on 10-9-2018 by GBP/JPY because: IN THE FINE TEXAS TRADITION

posted on Sep, 10 2018 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Most excellent update....I was thinking my pvs-14 on full gain......those triangles.....could go faster than I see em goin.....I see em at mach .95 or so

Could be faster somewhat. I'd crap my pants if I got see a really fast muther be so cool

As many hours as I'm out there in the easy chair watchin. I'm by Sherman Texas where they calibrate drones on the fly

posted on Sep, 12 2018 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Correct, my emphasis was on fielding hypersonic platforms in the white world (on both sides), I should have been more specific. Given the aggressive manner in which China has pursued advancements in aerospace tech (via espionage and R&D), and depending on how the Chinese choose to posture their advancements, I'd be interested to see the US response (with regards to declassification, especially given who the current President is).

posted on Sep, 15 2019 @ 11:54 AM
link   
The Malan Triangle may be about to be revealed with the big military parade in China here shortly:

www.thedrive.com...

and also:

edit on 15-9-2019 by anzha because: added pic from second source.

posted on Sep, 15 2019 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: GBP/JPY

i have had the opportunity to fly private and have gotten to know the 2 men that fly my family around pretty well.

one is an old F-4 pilot and the other was a F-14 guy(both navy) and have tons and tons time in the air.

both men claim to have seen things in the air that doesnt really fit into our idea of normal flight characteristics, zig zags, stop and starts mid air even shadowing their aircraft right off the wingtips.

the thing i find very interesting is that there are not tons of mid air collisions with these craft, there is a dodgy story of an Australian man being intercepted by a ufo and never being seen again and then the flight of american airmen that disappeared and in both cases there are odd radio transmissions.

but considering the amount of sightings from aircraft and from the ground makes me think whoever is flying them is acutely aware of air traffic around it and are skilled pilots that understand to keep a distance(even if it seems close at times).

Masisoar: It's funny in this new pic that was released was set up almost like a parade but for satellites. the color seems strange on the apparently supersonic drones. they look strange to me for some reason, like it needs to be carried into the air to be launched at some speed.

Honestly China worries me more than Russia as far as potential conflicts go, One day China is going to take a step to far and there will be conflict that might be more than both sides care to take a bite of.

I belive 100% if China attacks a US aircraft or ship near Chinas fake islands Trump will respond
edit on 15-9-2019 by penroc3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2019 @ 02:08 PM
link   
The parade next month is going to be a big statement of assertiveness by the Chinese, even if some of what they reveal is copy/paste in some fashion.

For the aerospace enthusiasts out there, based off of a recent change in attitude by some at the Pentagon, I think you're going to see an effort to pull the curtain back on a couple things. And that's intentionally vague because there's a fight right now to not declassify.

posted on Sep, 15 2019 @ 02:28 PM
link   

It's funny in this new pic that was released was set up almost like a parade but for satellites. the color seems strange on the apparently supersonic drones. they look strange to me for some reason, like it needs to be carried into the air to be launched at some speed.

The drone was clearly left out for sats to see. The Chinese do their own version of signaling. They normally show the drones on the ground and then in a parade. Then they'll discuss them. Historically, they don't show an aircraft until its either at IOC or very, very near. That ought to be the concerning part.

The color is probably because they are under coverings. The Drive article shows that clearly. My bet is they want the sats to see it, but not do the full reveal for some reason until the parade.

Honestly China worries me more than Russia as far as potential conflicts go

It should. China is a rising power. If they were as wealthy per capita as the US, then we'd have as much influence on world affairs as Britain or Russia does. They are not there, but when measuring their economy based on PPP, they are as large or larger an economy already. They are also not hobbled by the Pentagon's procurement system.

posted on Sep, 15 2019 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Masisoar

There's been talk of pulling the curtain back on something for several years now.

posted on Sep, 15 2019 @ 05:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

i think people would be shocked what is under the sand let alone whats flying about.

still shocking that a few things aren't out publicly by the PTB

i want a good look at the 180 and the B21

posted on Sep, 15 2019 @ 07:11 PM
link   

The way to do it is have them participate covered up in the rehearsal for staging the parade for the sats, and not have them participate in the actual parade. Then say nothing and don't answer questions. Drive ppl batty.

Like the USAF and the "RQ-180". "We need survivable ISR, and have too many non-survivable platforms". "We need a survivable UCAV". "We need penetrating EW aircraft". Then beg Congress to allow them to retire the Global Hawks, cancel the MQ-X, cancel the "EB-52" (twice).

"Hey, how about that RQ-180 rumour?"
"Oh that? We don't talk zbout that program"

Let everyone wonder of you're a genius or an idiot.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join