It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Face tattoos go mainstream

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 12:27 PM
link   

With that said. Looks like the next big thing is getting tattoos on your face. Of course artists have the face inked up. And is a pretty easy thing to understand if you need not make a "normal" living.

But marking one’s face isn’t limited to rappers, or men, or celebrities. Kat von D, the tattoo artist and model, has a wash of blue stars trailing down her forehead and cheek. Instagram, predictably, is filled with photos (#facetattoo) of people, most of them young, showing off their new face ink.www.wral.com...

The face is taboo-well at least it was. Now it seems we are being told it is normal.

For decades, tattoos in highly visible areas, especially the face, were considered the extreme in body art, at least in Western culture. It wasn’t only members of polite society who were put off. Even among tattoo aficionados, the face was sacrosanct, a canvas of last resort when the rest of the body was covered.
www.wral.com...

Got to go more and more extreme to get the renegade status, got to tat the face.

Tattoos, as a result, began losing their renegade status. Hence the creep upward, past the neckline.
www.wral.com...

What do you think?

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I wouldn’t but it depends on their jobs.

used to be realy bad having any in hands or even the neck

Mine cover up with a full sleeve shirt

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: atsgrounded
I have no problem with facial tattoos, see a few around my parts. I just think it could reduce some life opportunities for folk such as work in commerce or customer facing roles, due to other folk in society and their own feelings about it.
If someone is happy with an inked face, and they can make a living doing their thing then good luck to them I say.
Not my cup of tea, but I do know a girl with a daisy chain going up her cheek to her temple, and she look's beautiful.
Personal tastes is all.

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 12:40 PM
link   

This is just how things work. As things get more popular and more accepted, they become more visible. I doubt you'll see half the office with a face tattoo next year.

I don't know why they used Kat VonD as an example of an outlier to the face tattoo.

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 12:42 PM
link   

To each their own I guess, Ive got a couple, I guess theyre prett tame though compared to that.

Better not smoke cause Im pretty sure those sparkly stars will be falling stars as they age.

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 12:45 PM
link   
I won't hire anyone with visible tattoos. My more conservative clients would find somewhere else to shop.

I think the underlying motivation of body modification is to shock the geezers....it works!!

edit on 4-8-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Remember the saying " Do I have stupid tattooed on my forehead" ?

It was not meant to be instructions.

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Almost got my college mascot tattooed on me, but I hate needles and I know what happens as you get older. They turn green and start to distort as your body does.

Who needs that?

So I didn't do it even though it would have gone somewhere that it wouldn't have shown except when I wore a swimming suit or competition singlet.

That being said, tattoos are a personal choice and they don't normally bother me unless they're chosen to offend. However, I would think getting your face inked would be a limiting thing when it comes to career. Most people don't want to do business with a face full of ink.
edit on 4-8-2018 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Most new inks age pretty well, colour-wise.

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueJacket

I fall in the middle here.
I can see the free expression and all, but don't be surprised at someone not hiring you due to "diamonds" tatted on your temple.

But for me, I don't care. Do what you want with the understanding that so can/will everyone else.
edit on 4-8-2018 by atsgrounded because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 12:53 PM
link   

I am hoping the girl in the picture actually has non permanent ones. She is young and people change with time, it would be sad to find she regrets this.
Personally I find it sad that people are not happy with their skin as is, it seems the kind of thing only toddlers used to do with finger paint.

Biblical reference these things were once done to honor idols and worship the dead I believe at on time.I would not want to immolate that.
Leviticus 19:28
"'Do not cut your bodies for the dead or put tattoo marks on yourselves. I am the LORD.

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Guess people enjoy being unemployed.

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 12:55 PM
link   
To each their own I say, I have a full body (almost comple) and I wouldn't even get my face inked.

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: SeaWorthy

The person in the photo was a man, but he's dead.

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 12:58 PM
link   
I hate tattoos and always have. I get them for military service or a subtle reminder of a loved one passing, but frankly it seems like a poor life choice to me. It is even worse of a female in my opinion. The neck tattoos were bad enough.

ETA: I realize my opinion may be unpopular, but it is like smoking to me. I support your right to do it, but I think it’s stupid.
edit on 2018/8/4 by Metallicus because: Sp

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 01:00 PM
link   
I'm covered in tattoos arms hands fingers and all except for the face, I work for a photography company and they have no problems with it at all.

Business's seem to be more relaxed about tattoos these days.

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Sorry-ugly. Never enhances your look-and begs negativty towards oneself. Usually a sign of making bad life decisions and immaturity. Just saying.

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 01:06 PM
link   
I always considered the Maori warriors to look particularly fearsome:

For their culture these have important meanings. The process is far more painful than modern methods and was used as a test of endurance to transition young men to adults. There are many places in the world where similar meanings apply but in the West it has long been considered a stigma, the mark of an anti-social person.

That said, I can understand those who do it to distance themselves from society. It forces one on a path where many traditional opportunities are no longer viable. For artists, musicians and performers this is understandable to me anyway even though I never had any urge to decorate my body this way.

I guess if the tattoo has meaning to you that is what counts. You have to face yourself in the mirror every day. Don't do it on a dare or anything stupid like that. Only get it done if the design has real meaning to you. Even then your values will change and you may regret your choice later on. I will say the artwork has gone to truly epic levels by some tattoo artists. I've been following them for 30 years and there has been a massive improvement in both quality and design.
edit on 4-8-2018 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Tattoos make people look trashy generally. On the face it demonstrates a complete lack of common sense.

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 01:12 PM
link   
This story may have popped up due to some guy in Montreal who recently died. He had his entire face tattooed like a skull. See if I can find a pic of him.

ETA: Ok, his name was Rick Genest. Dunno why he was famous but Lady Gaga liked him. He committed suicide apparently. I'm not sure I could face myself each day if I looked like that either. Question: why wear nose piercings if you are tattooed to look like you don't have one? Most illogical.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join