It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Inner-City Pastors Praise President Trump as The Most PRO-Black President...EVER!.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 09:07 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

People go to these Christian leaders because they are leaders in the inner city communities.....

Are they, or are they leaders of their congregations? How many gang members are beholding to preachers above secular community center basketball coaches?
edit on 1-8-2018 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 09:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: CynConcepts

You are absolutely right.

Religion is a crutch, and inner city families don't need more crutches. They need jobs that provide dignity, quality education and stimulating extracurricular activities.

It seems since Trump has arrived the economy has been improving and more opportunities. I think it is awesome that Trump is listening to these pastors from the urban communities. They are aware of their community suffering, more so than the 'elected representatives'.

My husband is atheist and I am agnostic. Organized religion tends to rub us both the wrong way...yet, we do recognize that some actually are extremely helpful within our towns and community. We never hand over cash...but we often connect and assist with volunteering or supplies to ensure those that are suffering get help. The most active way to assist others in our community is through churches and NOT politicians or corporations. I can only imagine that it is the same if not more so, within the more urban communities!

+3 more 
link   

a reply to: highvein

They are talking about people who care about their community. Who do you think cares more for their community the thugs?

So anyone whose not a Christian is a thug? Non-Christians don't care about their communities? Secular organizations are less valuable than Christian organizations?

You asked if gang members go to church a lot. So that is what I addressed. The church cares a lot more about their communities than thugs do. But continue on your with your own philosophy, which is the reason Trump won the Presidency in the first place. People have woken up now man. They see through people like you.

Your hatred of all things Trump and Christian really shows your tolerance.

+6 more 
link   

a reply to: Boadicea

Could be... Could it be that you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about??? Yup.

So, instead of tossing lofty Christian abstracts, why don't you illuminate me as to what Christian churches are actually doing in inner cities to stem the for profit prison pipeline? How is federally funding church activities better than funding secular community centers?

Because those inner city people don't want anything to do w city centers ran by outside people who don't have a fking clue what its like to live in the ghetto....

Staffed by people who go home to the other side of town while trying to tell them how they should act

These Christian leaders many of them have grown up w for generations.... The churches have stood for decades when everything else cumbled around

Damn man actually educate yourself instead of losing it cause they are Christian....

You have some serious religious hate and it says way more about you than Trump or these Community leaders....

+6 more 
posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Besides the fact this is just a first round...... You have NO clue about what he plans to do next...... OR if those same hateful Christians asked for help w community centers....

Nope you just saw Christian and triggered yourself into a hate frenzy

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Because those inner city people don't want anything to do w city centers ran by outside people who don't have a fking clue what its like to live in the ghetto....

Why do think community center staff are outsiders? What makes you think churchy Christians have a better understanding of the challenges inner city families face more than dedicated secular community workers.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 09:15 PM
link   

I told him/her the other day that I can only explain it to him/her, I can't understand it for him/her also.
He/she doesn't seem to be able to get through his hatred to even see the good that can be done.
If it has anything to with Trump the triggering is too great for him/her to have any type of rational debate.

Either that or he is just a troll.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 09:16 PM
link   

You asked if gang members go to church a lot. So that is what I addressed. The church cares a lot more about their communities than thugs do.

So that's the only choice, church people or thugs?

+3 more 
posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 09:21 PM
link   

You asked if gang members go to church a lot. So that is what I addressed. The church cares a lot more about their communities than thugs do.

You are a bigot against anyone who is a Christian! All you have done in this thread is attack Christianity because your hatred towards anyone who identifies as a Christian.

As someone already pointed out to you, it is often the churches in the community who speak out against violence long before any political leader does so, and even then the pleas for help fall on deaf ears!

Grow the hell up and show how tolerant you guys say you are!

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 09:24 PM
link   

a reply to: carewemust

"This is probably the most pro-active administration regarding urban America and the faith-based community in my lifetime,"

The participants, from your source:

Outside Leadership included: Bishop Dale Bonner; Bishop Kelvin Cobaris, Impact Church; Senior Pastor “Choco” Wilfredo De Jesus, New Life Covenant; Pastor Michael E. Freeman, Spirit of Faith; Dr. Phillip Goudeaux, Calvary Christian Center; Senior Pastor John Gray, Relentless Church; Pastor Richard Hayes, Our Relentless Church; Bishop Darrell Lynn Hines, Christian Faith Fellowship Church of God in Christ; Senior Pastor Harry, Jackson Hope Christian Church; Dr. Alveda King, Alveda King Ministries; Pastor Julian Demond Lowe, Oasis Church; Dr. Van Moody, The Worship Center; President Willie G. Owens, Coalition of African American Pastors; Senior Pastor Benny Perez, The Church LV; Pastor Jon Ponders; Pastor Darrell Scott, New Spirit Revival Center; Bishop Kyle Searcy, Fresh Anointing House of Worship; Senior Pastor Paula White-Cain, New Destiny Christian Center; Marvin Winans Jr.

So, the Trump administration caters to Christians more than any other administration! Who would've thought! LOL

holy cow! I even see a spanish name in there!

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 09:28 PM
link   

a reply to: carewemust

"This is probably the most pro-active administration regarding urban America and the faith-based community in my lifetime,"

The participants, from your source:

Outside Leadership included: Bishop Dale Bonner; Bishop Kelvin Cobaris, Impact Church; Senior Pastor “Choco” Wilfredo De Jesus, New Life Covenant; Pastor Michael E. Freeman, Spirit of Faith; Dr. Phillip Goudeaux, Calvary Christian Center; Senior Pastor John Gray, Relentless Church; Pastor Richard Hayes, Our Relentless Church; Bishop Darrell Lynn Hines, Christian Faith Fellowship Church of God in Christ; Senior Pastor Harry, Jackson Hope Christian Church; Dr. Alveda King, Alveda King Ministries; Pastor Julian Demond Lowe, Oasis Church; Dr. Van Moody, The Worship Center; President Willie G. Owens, Coalition of African American Pastors; Senior Pastor Benny Perez, The Church LV; Pastor Jon Ponders; Pastor Darrell Scott, New Spirit Revival Center; Bishop Kyle Searcy, Fresh Anointing House of Worship; Senior Pastor Paula White-Cain, New Destiny Christian Center; Marvin Winans Jr.

So, the Trump administration caters to Christians more than any other administration! Who would've thought! LOL

Ummm...I know...right...?

When he could be catering to you and your homies...you know...the fringe freak show...

Color me shocked...with an extra coat of surprised...damn man...just dump the whole effing paint can on my head...

I really do dig your avatar...
Sookie...getting mind effed by his very own mini me...

Ha...ha...

God loves ya man...

YouSir

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 09:28 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

You are a bigot against anyone who is a Christian!

No.

All you have done in this thread is attack Christianity because your hatred towards anyone who identifies as a Christian.

All I have done in this thread is lash out at the Trump administration's blatant favoritism to Christianity.

As someone already pointed out to you, it is often the churches in the community who speak out against violence long before any political leader does so, and even then the pleas for help fall on deaf ears!

Speaking out against violence? LOL So does Black Lives Matter! There are just as many Christians calling for death as there are calling for peace. Christians aren't special and don't deserve special consideration in any way, especailly from the federal government.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 09:30 PM
link   
a reply to: YouSir

I've done plenty of community service, and not court ordered community service either. I've invested more time and effort into my perspective communities than almost anyone I know.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 09:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

This OP isn't about Christianity it is about Trump meeting with Church leaders who wanted to meet with him to help do something to prevent violence in their communities!!! Do you think these pastors are only wanting help for those who identify as Christians? Do you think only Christians will benefit if something happens to make their communities safer?

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 09:38 PM
link   
a reply to: CynConcepts

Thank you! I'm not a big Trump fan, but gosh darn it I can give credit where credit is due! When it comes to Trump and eminent domain and civil asset forfeiture and medical marijuana, I have big problems with his positions.

But not this. Never this.

And I think the same folks they're trying to help are finally seeing what genuine interest and concern and reform looks like. And it's coming from Trump.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 09:38 PM
link   

I think that they're looking for a share of the for profit prison pot, seeking to financially benefit from a captive prison audience, and to cash in on funds slated to keep inner city kids off the streets and out of trouble, funds that could be sent to and benefit community centers instead of enhancing churches facilities.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Well if it not obvious to you yet that the type of goverment leaders that has been working in these communites to make them better have failed miserably, then yes. It is the thugs or the church. Let me guess, you would rather have the thugs in charge. Or we can wait and find out exactly what this will entail before condeming with hatred right off the bat.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 09:43 PM
link   

I think that they're looking for a share of the for profit prison pot, seeking to financially benefit from a captive prison audience, and to cash in on funds slated to keep inner city kids off the streets and out of trouble, funds that could be sent to and benefit community centers instead of enhancing churches facilities.

So there you have it! It is all about your hatred for Christians! Guess all those Democratic run cities that our now close to being 3rd world snip holes filling their prisons get a pass?

Pathetic.. Just admit it, you hate Christianity and stop dancing around it like you don't. You just made something up by saying these churches are looking for a share of profits from prisons.

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 09:45 PM
link   

a reply to: YouSir

I've done plenty of community service, and not court ordered community service either. I've invested more time and effort into my perspective communities than almost anyone I know.

Ummm...well ain’t that a peach...so have I...and no doubt 99% of those you like to daily denigrate...God I love that word...
Repeat after me...denigrate...then move on to...cast aspersions...

That’s your whole schtick...slick...I’ve read damn near everything you’ve posted on this site...and frankly...for such an avowed humanitarian...you sure personify the antithesis...
Why don’t you cut some slack bro...life can’t be so damned harsh that every freaking sentence you utter is negative...

Look in the mirror man...take a long...hard...look...then come back and talk to instead of at...

I’ll be here...I’ll listen...I may like to preach...but I love to learn even more...so teach me something new...

YouSir

posted on Aug, 1 2018 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Are you joking? These churches ask for nothing, most of those inner city churches are barely holding the buildings together.

Holy hell I havent seen such bigoted hatred against a group of people on ATS.

Makes you no better than any other hate group honestly.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join