It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Moon used to be habitable in the past.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 07:20 PM
link   

New research published in Astrobiology suggests that the Moon may have been shockingly habitable in the past during at least two periods — shortly after the Moon formed, and when volcanic activity was at its highest.

The key to it all is heat and lots of energy. The Moon formed after a collision between Earth and a proto-planet astronomers call Theia. And just after the smash up, there was lots of water vapor — enough that the Moon could’ve had a fairly substantial atmosphere and pools of water on the ground. Volcanic activity was also high, which could have replenished the atmosphere with water vapor from deep in the interior.

www.astronomy.com...

After reading this article, I wonder if there is some truth to the idea that there were alien life in the Moon. There was a Japanese myth called Kaguya Hime which features a Princess from a Moon Civilization who landed to Earth and was raised by human parents.

Also this reminds me of this movie:

Mods sorry if this was posted already. You are free to delete this if its already posted.
edit on 7/25/2018 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 07:22 PM
link   
a reply to: starwarsisreal

I wonder if there is some truth to the idea that there was an alien civilization in the Moon. There was a Japanese myth called Kaguya Hime which features a Princess from a Moon Civilization who landed to Earth and was raised by human parents.

Your source:

The short span of lunar life didn’t really have long to evolve much beyond single-cell organisms.

www.astronomy.com...

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 07:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Well the idea that there is a form of alien life in the Moon has been around for ages. Apologies for mentioning civilization.

It used to be that people scoffed to the idea that there was a form of life in the past.
edit on 7/25/2018 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Nah, according to crackpots galore, alien life didn't evolve on ol' Luna, rather it was slapped together as a hefty interstellar transport with most of the life support down below. Makes sense that they'd have some atmosphere on top, too, so they wouldn't go stir crazy, though it mostly bled away in the ensuing millennia.

The humanoids who arrived 250,000 to a million bp to make modern humans had to get here somehow... right? Right?

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Yes. And people have speculated about civilizations on the Moon too.

This is speculation about the Moon having an atmosphere, water, and simple life forms. Nothing more, contrary to your headline.

Thus, if liquid water and a significant atmosphere were present on the early Moon for millions of years, it can be assumed that the lunar surface was at least transiently habitable and probably also had an inventory of the building blocks required for life. Whether life ever arose on the Moon, or was transported to it from elsewhere, is of course highly speculative and can only be addressed by an aggressive future program of lunar exploration (e.g., Crawford and Joy, 2014).

www.liebertpub.com...

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 07:46 PM
link   

It reminds me of a book I read when I was about 12, The Lotus Caves.

Two teenage boys, Marty and Steve, live in a colony on the Moon, "The Bubble", in the year 2068.[2] Exploring outside the dome of "The Bubble" is strictly controlled. The boys grow bored and decide to borrow a lunar vehicle. They discover someone has forgot to remove their key, which makes it possible for them to explore beyond proscribed boundaries without restriction. They go on a journey to an old and abandoned base, where they find the diary of Andrew Thurgood, a missing early lunar settler. The diary contains coordinates to a place Thurgood claimed he saw something that looked like a huge flower, and the boys decide to go there and do some investigating themselves. They crash through the moon's surface into a series of underground caverns containing fluorescent plants, many of them able to move, which is a part of and controlled by a single intelligent alien life form. They also meet a man, the missing settler from 70 years earlier, who has become enthralled by the alien. He does not seem to have aged during all those years. The boys are torn between staying in the caves, within which the alien provides an idyllic life fulfilling all their needs, and escaping. The longer they stay, the more their minds are affected. They eventually escape, but the man decides to stay, having lost any desires beyond worshipping the alien.

It really got my imagination going. I managed to find a copy on Ebay a few years ago.

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Moon used to be habitable in the past.

Yeah I had a nice beach shack next the the Sea of Tranquility until a volcano blew.

Luckily there was a Grey passing by, and hitched a ride . Then a couple of days later got stuck in a time loop and spit me out in 1970.
edit on 25-7-2018 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 07:53 PM
link   
a reply to: underpass61
Or, Dick Tracy.

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Originally posted by: Phage

"Thus, if liquid water and a significant atmosphere were present on the early Moon for millions of years, it can be assumed that the lunar surface was at least transiently habitable and probably also had an inventory of the building blocks required for life. Whether life ever arose on the Moon, or was transported to it from elsewhere, is of course highly speculative..."

You're quote there gives weight to the OP, in that; Earth's moon may have been "habitable" to life at some point in time. Not, necessarily, that it had evolved from there.
edit on 20PMPMR-05:00-0500 by HAARPO because: ...due to the speculation involved, this may not be the best Forum.

edit on 20PMPMR-05:00-0500 by HAARPO because: LOADING...

edit on 20PMPMR-05:00-0500 by HAARPO because: ...

edit on 21PMPMR-05:00-0500 by HAARPO because: ...

edit on 21PMPMR-05:00-0500 by HAARPO because: LOADING...

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Sorry I don’t believe the Theia theory

posted on Jul, 25 2018 @ 11:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: starwarsisreal

New research published in Astrobiology suggests that the Moon may have been shockingly habitable in the past during at least two periods — shortly after the Moon formed, and when volcanic activity was at its highest.

The key to it all is heat and lots of energy. The Moon formed after a collision between Earth and a proto-planet astronomers call Theia. And just after the smash up, there was lots of water vapor — enough that the Moon could’ve had a fairly substantial atmosphere and pools of water on the ground. Volcanic activity was also high, which could have replenished the atmosphere with water vapor from deep in the interior.

www.astronomy.com...

After reading this article, I wonder if there is some truth to the idea that there were alien life in the Moon. There was a Japanese myth called Kaguya Hime which features a Princess from a Moon Civilization who landed to Earth and was raised by human parents.

Also this reminds me of this movie:

snip

Mods sorry if this was posted already. You are free to delete this if its already posted.

John Lear claims the moon has 64% atmosphere and the moon was not formed but hauled into place by a "machine" that can be found under the central peak of crater Tsiolkovsky! John Lear's mind orbits the moon.

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 12:01 AM
link   
a reply to: The Shrike

Or asteroid belt off the coast of Mars.

(Hendrix. Look it up.)

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 03:32 AM
link   
a reply to: underpass61

I tried to get my daughter to read this after finding it a second hand shop. She never dI'd. I wonder if u still have it maybe I will read it if I find it.

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 04:35 AM
link   

Pretty sure the moon hasn't changed at all,I think it is a mother ship,amatuer astronomers have shown several buildings,vehicles etc on the surface,we may have had a base there or still,the moon has only been in orbit with earth,since recent recorded times,as far as I'm concerned it could be the real"Noah's ark",makes more sense then a big boat,a big spaceship

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 05:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Oldtimer2

Pretty sure the moon hasn't changed at all,I think it is a mother ship,amatuer astronomers have shown several buildings,vehicles etc on the surface,we may have had a base there or still,the moon has only been in orbit with earth,since recent recorded times,as far as I'm concerned it could be the real"Noah's ark",makes more sense then a big boat,a big spaceship

Thats funny to see something the size of a car on the moon would require a telescope with a diameter of 225 ft. Dont think this is your backyard telescope. The largest i could find was 31 ft and that is the Gran Telescopio Canarias. add diffraction and it would have to be at least 5 football fields.

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 06:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

Thats funny to see something the size of a car on the moon would require a telescope with a diameter of 225 ft. Dont think this is your backyard telescope. The largest i could find was 31 ft and that is the Gran Telescopio Canarias. add diffraction and it would have to be at least 5 football fields.

Well.. if the best telescope we have is so much telescope, just think what the government has. We're at least 50 years behind in technology, they probably have 1000ft telescopes by now, but they won't tell us.

NASA. Never a straiyght answer.

they know about the cars on the moon.

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 06:25 AM
link   
a reply to: SummerRain

Never A Straight Answer? Grow up. They have plenty of straight answers.

Never heard of the Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter? It's all freely available here:

NASA LRO Mission Details

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 02:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

There are other ways of viewing the Moon besides telescopes situated on Earth. I think he misled us, and himself, by using the term "Amateur astronomers".

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 02:49 PM
link   
My thoughts on the moon and mars and other nearby celestial objects is...

Previous advanced civilizations of mankind have been to the moon, mars, etc before. And there is probably evidence still on the moon and/or mars that would indicate this.

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 03:10 PM
link   

As your linked article says, the Moon stopped being habitable about 4 billion years ago. On Earth 4 billion years ago, there was barely simple life. So there were certainly no humans around to raise this Moon Princess.

This was LOOONG before even primitive "ape-men", looooooong before the dinosaurs, long before the first fish-like creatures crawled out of the sea, and long before there were even fish-like creatures. Long before any multi-cell life whatsoever.

So the princess could have come to Earth 4 Billion years ago, but to paraphrase Elton John, "...there's no one there to raise her if she did"

If the history of the Earth and moon were compressed into one 24-hour day, the Moon was habitable until about 3 AM. However, humans could not show up until a few minutes 'til midnight at the end of that day.

edit on 26/7/2018 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join