It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Any mediums here? I need help developing my medium abilities.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 12:16 PM
link   
First off, I have some experience with the Psychic world, (I've done some readings though I still need improvement). However, right now I need help developing my medium abilities.

I have a story:

A few weeks ago, I had a dream and in this dream there was this black guy and he asked if I am a Psychic. Suddenly, I have a feeling of being strangled followed by a feeling of someone going into my bed. What's weird is that my bed felt much more wider than it is. Then I woke up and received visions of a red headed girl in her early 20s.

I am told by by other mediums that she's a murder victim that died around my area and that she came to me because she felt connected to me and that she felt less lonely communicating with me.

I am told though that I cannot rely on third party to communicate with her and she prefers to speak to me directly.

I am also told she's willing to let me learn on my own pace but I shouldn't be slacking.

Thing is in the past I prefer third parties to communicate on my behalf but now I am at a loss. I like it with third parties because they can confirm if what I'm receiving the right message.

Here's my issue:

How can I tell if its her message or my imagination?

Tbh, I'm kind of new to the world of spirits. I never had ghostly encounters until very recently.
edit on 7/24/2018 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: starwarsisreal

I had a dream that you weren’t psychic. I guess that cancels out your dream.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 01:04 PM
link   
I've been around in circles where "spirit contact" was common. Some believers see these as spirit guides while others think they are communicating with the ghosts of deceased persons---theres multiple variations to include messages from alien beings from other planets.

The major occultists have always claimed contact with spirits and have imagined them to be various things: gods or angels or nature spirits or demons or aetheric beings, etc.

The big question becomes who or what you are actually communicating with because in studying the subject lot of deception comes from these "beings" whether they are actually real spirits or some kind of psychological break from reality and a hacking of one's own subconscious.

Whether real or imagined I've seen it play some havoc in peoples lives and even the broader community. My appeal to you, starwars, is to slow down a little and maybe broach it by studying this from a few different perspectives.

The hauntingly strange tale of Joe Fisher epitomizes some of the questions raised by mediumship.

If this were an isolated case, it would not be very important, but it is far from isolated. Some cases, in fact, have much worse consequences.

One of these is described in anguished, agonizing detail in Joe Fisher’s Hungry Ghosts. Fisher joined an amateur circle that met regularly to “channel” information from spirits. Initially skeptical, Fisher was soon won over by the information that came through. He and his friends became increasingly obsessed with the meetings, while the woman who ran the circle began to exercise an unhealthy degree of control over some group members, exploiting them and attempting to coerce them into sexual liaisons. As Fisher became convinced that he was in contact with a female spirit guide who’d been his lover in a previous lifetime, he lost interest in his real-life relationships, an attitude that led to the break-up of his marriage.

Eventually he went to Europe, intending to verify the information he’d been given. Instead, to his shock, he discovered that much of it was false. Shattered, he returned to America and shared his findings with the group – only to be met with hostility and denial. The group members were so caught up in their shared fantasy that they could not tolerate the intrusion of facts and evidence. Fisher left the group and eventually concluded that he had been victimized by what the Tibetan Book of the Dead calls pretas, or ‘hungry ghosts’ – malign spirits who deceive and corrupt their human interlocutors. He warns his readers to be wary of involvement in the supernatural, and on this note of caution the book ends.

But this was not the end of Joe Fisher’s story. He continued to obsess on his experience. Eleven years after the publication of Hungry Ghosts, he confided to a friend that he believed the spirits were out to get him for publicizing their activities. They would not leave him alone. In 2001, at age 53, he made his escape. He threw himself off a cliff, ending his life.

There are at least two ways of interpreting this bizarre story. Either Fisher became unhinged as a result of his participation in the séances, and eventually fell victim to his own paranoia; or he actually did come into contact with malevolent spirit entities, against which he had no protection.

Fisher wasn’t the only person in the medium’s circle to suffer psychological damage. Everyone in the group was affected to some extent.

HUNGRY GHOSTS: THE DARK SIDE OF THE PARANORMAL

You are ATS family, starwarsisreal, and I always enjoy your contributions around the boards, so just know that whether you find my thoughts here helpful or not they come from wishing you well.

Joe's book: The Siren Call of Hungry Ghosts
edit on 24-7-2018 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: The GUT

I wonder what comes first, the Jesus chicken or the deviled egg?
I cannot shake the notion that all good/bad constructs are self generated and projected into our common perceived "reality."

BUT that might be the demons talking... hard to suss!

Hope you are well.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 01:35 PM
link   

I'm not sure "medium" is the right term. Perhaps like me...you mean "psychic sensititivity"?

That would enable you to "tune in" to people, places, times, events...and even interact.

Good luck...MS
edit on 24-7-2018 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

I'm not sure "medium" is the right term. Perhaps like me...you mean "psychic sensititivity"?

That would enable you to "tune in" to people, places, times, events...and even interact.

Good luck...MS
This sounds like a testable claim.

Please explain “tuning in” , And how you interact.
edit on 24-7-2018 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 01:52 PM
link   

The big question becomes who or what you are actually communicating with because in studying the subject lot of deception comes from these "beings" whether they are actually real spirits or some kind of psychological break from reality and a hacking of one's own subconscious.

I would go for real spirits- not that it matters when one ends up asking a potato salad for directions after seeing crap that doesn't play nice with the general freaking laws of physics on a regular basis.

What's really, really helpful is when one is looking for information, and one gets told they're a loonie looking for attention. REALLY HELPFUL. *grits teeth*

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: wylekat

My observations led me to suspect some kind of real but generally discarnate intelligence too, but for the purposes of discussion and to be inclusive there are whole schools of thought on the phenomena being housed in the subconscious or even a collective unconscious. Are such practices healthy or a pathway to true knowledge is the main question I raise.

I will say that the majority of folk who are encountering frequent situations 'that don't play nice with the laws of physics' are probably experiencing a break with reality.

edit on 24-7-2018 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 02:11 PM
link   

I hear Houdini wrote the book on the subject. Check it our for reals.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Why settle for Medium abilities When you can have Large abilities for just a few cents more ?
edit on 7/24/2018 by Gargoyle91 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Woodcarver

Ok. Re-phrasing. As in a medium calling on, speaking with or for spirits, entities...

Or "sensitive" to their presence, looks and speech and good or bad karmic intent

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 03:42 PM
link   

You should learn card tricks instead,one of the same and cards are more fun,both have same outcome,exciting but nothing to them

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 04:02 PM
link   
I've had lots of experiences that I'm still trying to understand.

Basically, I believe that these sorts of "para" abilities come from a sentient energy that does not like to be questioned, analyzed, pressured, or bullied. It's "sensitive". But it does like to play...to create. Get it? "The creative force of the universe." It seems like we have a word for that. Starts with G. If your heart is untrue, it leaves you alone, just like you want.

Oh well, what do I know?
edit on 7/24/2018 by DictionaryOfExcuses because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Baddogma

I wonder what comes first, the Jesus chicken or the deviled egg?
I cannot shake the notion that all good/bad constructs are self generated and projected into our common perceived "reality."

BUT that might be the demons talking... hard to suss!

Hope you are well.

The egg came first....reptiles were around far longer than chickens....just saying.

As far as the OP...roll with it and let yourself go. Dont drink alcohol. Get good sleep. Ask for guidance in meditation....

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Any mediums here?

I am Medium to Large that do?

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 04:54 PM
link   
I completely Avoided medium-ship... I wanted communication with a 'Noosphere' of thought & future intelligence rather than long past, living spirits.

I used my time of communication wisely... I sought no monetary gain
(you must freely give out info---as you have freely gotten info from those sources)…

Be Very Cautious of the disincarnate Spirits you 'channel' or deal with...some are Wolves-in-Sheep's-clothing~~~ Or even Psyche Vampires !
edit on th31153246981224032018 by St Udio because: yadda

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 05:00 PM
link   

I couldn't tell you for sure if any members on the site are mediums but I do know one who is a 5XL.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 06:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver

I had a dream that you weren’t psychic. I guess that cancels out your dream.

I had a dream that you weren't born so ignore this post.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Start out by meditating like you used to.
Open your mind and relax.
Have a note book and focus on things you know you can find out rather easily.
Like the colour of a sign or how many windows on the side of a small building.
Write down what comes to you during meditation. And go verify these messages.
Try to remember how you feel when you got the messages that you verified where correct.
Use that as your guide for intuition to block out the false noise you receive.
No one can tell you how to do it.
It seems everyone has a different, albeit slight, way to get accurate messages.

posted on Jul, 24 2018 @ 07:49 PM
link   

You have to learn to trust yourself and spirit.

Write it all down.

If it is real,
you will get verification some how.

That is what spirits do when they do communicate a lot of the time.
They will leave you with a verify-er that they were there and it really happened.

Just make sure you write everything down so you can get that verification.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join