It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christmas In July: A Christmas Message For All

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 07:02 AM
link   
I had a friend born on Christmas. He actually celebrated on June 25th I believe.

Let's try to remember, at the end of the day, we are all human beings. If someone is wrong, in your opinion, they aren't Evil, they're just Confused. Don't let your interactions degrade into an exchange of insults. Don't participate in That. We are better than that, each and every one of us, so let's show it! Make every interaction count. Don't let it be more of the usual. This is your time to shine as human beings! This is your time to be the example others are so desperately looking for.

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 07:14 AM
link   
a reply to: 3n19m470

Those are nice thoughts they really are.
There is a time to placate and there is a time to stand up and say someone is FOS. Unfortunately there are many in today's world that are so FOS that their eyes are an unnatural brown and using logic and reason is a waste of effort..

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 07:35 AM
link   

If someone is wrong, in your opinion, they aren't Evil, they're just Confused.

That is so bang on!

edit: Bah-humbug

edit on 18-7-2018 by wheresthebody because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Beautiful

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 06:51 PM
link   

A-men!

This is your time to shine as human beings! This is your time to be the example others are so desperately looking for.

THAT is the collection of words I was desperately looking for. We seems sometimes to be SO lost and SO afraid and SO apart. How did we all come to be so apart? Don't we share pretty much the same condition, give or take a variation or two?

Good thread

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 09:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: 727Sky

Those are nice thoughts they really are.
There is a time to placate and there is a time to stand up and say someone is FOS. Unfortunately there are many in today's world that are so FOS that their eyes are an unnatural brown and using logic and reason is a waste of effort..

Don't placate, merely debate respectfully. Pretend you are having to tell the spouse or boss or just someone close to you that they are wrong...ease them in the right direction with a question if need be.

People have to kind of come to the truth on their own in order for it to stick, you can only lead them so far. And nobody has Ever said "Your right, I'll change from now on." in response to being
treated with contempt
mocked
told they're "evil", NAZI, racist, brainwashed, weak minded, uneducated, low information types, etc...

I don't know what WILL work, but I know what won't work. And that does Not mean you cannot tell someone that you find their assertions to be false or misleading or incomplete... The polite, civil way of saying someone is "FOS".

When it's done respectfully, and thoroughly, I appreciate being told that I have been mistaken in my thinking.

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 10:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: argentus

A-men!

This is your time to shine as human beings! This is your time to be the example others are so desperately looking for.

THAT is the collection of words I was desperately looking for. We seems sometimes to be SO lost and SO afraid and SO apart. How did we all come to be so apart? Don't we share pretty much the same condition, give or take a variation or two?

Good thread

Everyone (basically), is looking for a hero, someone unafraid to say what's right and stand up for it... I'm here to tell you, there are people 10x as lost and confused as you think you might be, and to those people, those masses of people, You have the potential to be the HERO!

Of course, the catch is, anyone who thinks on our level, has No wish to be showered with accolades or be called a "hero".

And so, we remain "Hero-less".

It takes strength to reject titles and accolades and rewards. But it also takes strength to accept them, and the responsibility they entail, when you don't want to.

A very crucial thing, imo, is setting a good example. Especially for those of us who know better. ATS has taught us well. I have recently been venturing to a mainstream venue, Twitter.

Don't be fooled, Twitter is one of if not the cyber-front lines of this battle. And it is a battle. For hearts and minds.

Every long time ATS Member, left and right, has a Lot of knowledge to share.

Twitter has less strict rules about civility than ATS. After being on ATS and pretty much Only ATS since about 2010, going to Twitter and debating people who have not been trained and disciplined in areas such as civility, logical fallacy, emotional vs analytical thinking and responses, learning to put your emotions on hold so you can find the True answer, and so much more...

It's like having superpowers compared to normal people. Almost like being a hero...a superhero.

"Superheroes of ATS- UNITE!!"

I already have several people on Twitter who just stopped responding to me once they realized I was an unstoppable truth machine, not interested in exchanging insults, and always calling them out on their childish behavior and demanding an explanation, and (almost) always in a polite, inquisitive, calm, reasonable way. It just works much better.

Sometimes the best thing to do is just start by simply asking "Why?" When someone makes a claim you disagree with, and go from there. Just an honest "Why?" Make them type out their reasoning and process it in their minds once more.

Because SOME people are jumping from Point A to Point F, without examining the intermediary steps that one must take to Reach point F and beyond, to see if they make sense.

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 10:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: KTemplar

Beautiful

Thank you, KT! 👍🏼 That is what I was going for. If I may be excused for daring to reach for such heights. ☺

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 10:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: wheresthebody

If someone is wrong, in your opinion, they aren't Evil, they're just Confused.

That is so bang on!

edit: Bah-humbug

Thank you.

This song came on when I was listening to Music Choice on Xfinity Digital Cable, Sound of the Seasons channel. In July they play Christmas music on that channel.

It struck a chord with me.

A lot of people don't understand what it's like being born on Christmas, for a kid growing up in America. Jesus hogs all the glory, and your bday is never celebrated. (I trust in the teachings of Jesus. You might even call me a quasi Christian. I just have a sense of humor, too. As does God, clearly. Humor is divine.) And nobody has ANY sympathy, because from their perspective you have a cool birthday.

Anyways, my friends suicide didn't have anything to do with his bday being on Christmas, but, I did notice that having a bday on Christmas can kinda suck sometimes.

I can't think about Christmas without thinking of him. And I think he wanted me, or at least he Would Have wanted me, to send this message out during this time.

Thank you to all who read, all who replied, and to all who enjoyed/appreciated it. 👍🏼

That's all I have to say about that. - Forrest Gump

top topics

join