It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Media Ignores Putin Claim Of $400 Million Funneled To Hillary Campaign

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 07:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Melen

If you blanket believe the propaganda your govt. spews YOU are the one brainwashed and put to sleep. Enjoy your captivity.

Oh, look over there , it's boogeyman Putin. HA! You fell for it again. What a rube!
edit on 18-7-2018 by thepixelpusher because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 07:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Melen

Hey if you believe anything the Intel people say move to the moon because they have been creating enemies for decades to line their pockets remember Iraq had weapons of mass destruction so we need to invade more b's from Intel guys whereas a competent Intel group would have told the whole us it was Saudi Arabia that hit us on 911 not Afghanistan or iraq.. remember when cia was funneling drugs into America to generate off books monies to fund there schemes .alphabet agencies can not be trusted especially when they have shown the pure contempt they have for the elected potus .

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 07:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox
a reply to: loam

Neither..

Shapiro debunked it today on his show. M

Right wing Shil Ben Shapiro..

Well if he's a shill then I'm not gonna just trust his debunking!🤔

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 08:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Doctor Smith

Putin is a known liar. No body would believe him if they had any brains.
He was embracing one of you guys conspiracy theories.
He knew you'd be watching.

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 08:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66

Shouldn't we close that corrupted party down or something?

Just give them a little more time and the Democrat dumpster fire will collapse.
And yes, I would believe Putin over ANY Democrat as well.

Oh, this is gold standard and so on par with your president I just HAD to reply!

You are (and I want to keep this moment, really) believing the leader of Russia over any democratically voted for person in your own country?

That. is. Doublethink. I cannot really see how your brain does not explode from this. Can you even keep those two ideas in your head the same time?

(a) Russia's president is per defintionem THE leader of the leftist, communistic, anti-democratic country on the world.
(b) Russia's president is more trustworthy than any person in your country that you do not like, but several millions of your population voted for.

Colo(u)r me impressed!

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 08:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

The media didn’t ignore it...

Dailybeast debunked it..

Ben Shapiro did his show partically on the topic...

And Shapiro is a partisan shill for the right.

I for one certainly do not claim Shapiro. He's in his own world.

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 08:27 AM
link   

edit on 7182018 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 08:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals
a reply to: loam

i was of the same mind about the actual amount.
But who knows?
May be $400 million after all.

Bill Browder is a foreign national. He cannot legally donate any amount of money to any campaign as I understand FEC rules. Not even $1.

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 08:55 AM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

The average person has been taught and trained to look at clips and phrases. Pictures. A headline and not even a synopsis

Sorry but no. Maybe some people do that if they're lazy or can't read well but to assume everyone or even most people research this way is preposterous.
Maybe you're describing your way?

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 09:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

No, its typical:

www.slate.com...

Its why a long OP will have its first comments within a minute here on ATS...people comments based off of, sometimes, a single sentence stated in the opening line of a piece.

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 09:14 AM
link   

It can't be true because a donation that big would easily be red flagged and caught.

Unless you ignore or just don't read snip like this.

www.washingtonpost.com...

Where do you think this guy learned from?

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Doesn't it worry any of you that as evidence pours out that Putin helped Trump win, the Trump/Putin team keep putting out nonsense like 'It was all Hillary's fault' to distract you all?

It's so clearly manipulative.

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Then I'm exceptional. I thought most people were smarter than that. My mistake.

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 09:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Then I'm exceptional. I thought most people were smarter than that. My mistake.

Has nothing to do with smart. It has to do with investment of time and energy.

If people were hungry for information, the libraries would have been overflowing for decades. People don't want information, they want to communicate. And especially they want to communicate their opinions.

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 09:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66
And yes, I would believe Putin over ANY Democrat as well.

That's very telling. Who needs collusion when attitudes like this exist?

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

It's the old standard of better to trust a suspected liar than a proven one.

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Has ATS become A Traitor Site

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Whereismypassword

The founding fathers were traitors.

They also colluded with Denmark, and France.

DOH!

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

I don't believe him. I also don't think you can investigate and reach a conclusion in 1 day. So why are people screaming debunked when it couldn't possibly be debunked yet?

posted on Jul, 18 2018 @ 10:58 AM
link   

I would believe Putin over any Democrat.

Mission accomplished.

Why aren't they anxious to prove Putin wrong. Make him prove it. It is because they know Putin is absolutely correct.

Prove that unicorns aren't real.

The whole idea that any one person or in this case, two people, would drop $400 million in contributions to a single presidential campaign is absurd on its face. The Ziff family has an estimated net worth of about $12-14 billion. How much of that is actually liquid? A fraction.

What would they expect to get out of investing a huge chunk of their liquid assets in electing a candidate who was already favored to win?

According to FEC filings, the TOTAL receipts for the Clinton campaign were $585,699,061.27. Did you even for a second stop to consider the logistics of keeping 40% of a campaign's finances off the books? What it would take to spend $400 million without reporting those expenditures to the FEC?

What this shows more than anything is that Putin thinks the American people are stupid. And sadly, the flags on this thread aren't much of a rebuke of this notion.

Also, you're wrong about "the media is ignoring this" as is usually the case when that claim is made by somebody upset that everyone isn't as susceptible to buying into nonsense as they are.

The claim was in fact reported on by The New York Times, The Washington Post, Bloomberg News, ABC News, CNN, Fox News and many other mainstream outlets.

Finally, I'll remind you of what Putin actually said (from the Fox News link):

“Business associates of Mr. Browder have earned over $1.5 billion in Russia,” said Putin via an interpreter. “They never paid any taxes -- neither in Russia or the United States and yet the money escaped the country.”

According to Putin, Browder’s associates contributed $400 million to Hillary Clinton’s campaign—and while the contribution itself may have been legal, he said, “the way the money was earned was illegal.”

Putin's actual claim is that the money was *legally* contributed to the Clinton campaign but that the money itself was ill-gotten gains from tax evasion. Setting aside that the whole thing is preposterous af, the claim he actually made is easily debunked.

Putin's Pants-on-Fire claim about $400 million donation to Clinton from Bill Browder partners

Did Browder's associates send $400 million to Hillary Clinton's campaign?

No. We found $17,700 donated to Clinton and another $297,000 to the Democratic National Committee.

But hey, maybe Putin simply misspoke.
edit on 2018-7-18 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join