It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese refiner dumps US crude in favor of dollarless imports of Iranian oil

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Well I guess this was bound to happen. IMO, this is just their way of playing it off. The Chinese and Iran have been saying for years they would stop participating in our petro-dollar system and this trade war gives them the perfect timing to do so. Maybe its time that we block the Straight of Hormuz and disallow the Iranians from exporting ANYTHING, let alone oil. If they are so proud of this belt and road initiative they can export everything by land.

Dongming Petrochemical, an independent Chinese refiner, said it has halted crude purchases from the US and turned to Iranian imports amid escalating trade tensions between Beijing and Washington.

Chinese authorities are reportedly planning to impose tariffs on US crude imports and replace them with oil from West Africa and the Middle East, including Iran. Beijing said it was not going to fall into line with US sanctions banning business with the Islamic republic.

China is America’s second-biggest crude-oil customer with exports reportedly totaling 400,000 barrels a day at the beginning of July. However, in response to the latest US tariffs on Chinese goods, Beijing slapped American crude imports with a 25-percent levy.

I don't know how much abuse and flagrant aggression we can take from the Chinese and Iranians at this point. At this rate, we have no choice but to strike first and impede their plans for America's destruction.

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

Tally Ho big chap.... you go first and i'll
meet you at Hormuz in my row boat.
/

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 05:43 PM
link   

You want to take military action against Iran for supplying China oil, all because of the Trump slapping tariffs all over the place ?
Perhaps if cheetolini hadn't started a tariff war the Chinese wouldn't have retaliated. I'm sure some numpty will come and explain how this is all just 3d chess moves blah blah blah.

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry

I don't know how much abuse and flagrant aggression we can take from the Chinese and Iranians at this point. At this rate, we have no choice but to strike first and impede their plans for America's destruction.

Dude youre smart enough to realize that imposing that petrodollar bs on the whole world -under the barrel of a gun- is the "abuse and flagrant aggression" thats been going on.

And to take that reality, spin it around upside down and inside out and talk about ;aunching a world war upon them / everyone is the kind of BS that has US deserving... BEGGING... to get our asses kicked.

FFS man

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Cheetolini!

That was the best one I've heard so far. I laughed.

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
Hey, we are fighting the world arent we?? Clearly we all have it in us to keep supporting this, so lets just go all the way and make sure there is enough defense budget to tackle all fronts simultaneously.

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

Someone dropped that name here the other day, I liked it so much I had to adopt it...

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 05:50 PM
link   

How that'd work for Hitler?

You realize he was cranked on taking massive meth injections everyday to become that level of psychopath mass murderer nutter, right?

I'm on to you!

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 05:58 PM
link   
I always thought WW3 would be the result of the Oil trade.
Really hope I’m wrong about it though.

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Always wondered why warmongers don't just walk-up to the local embassy of the nation in question,
and start banging on the door.
You know: just to see if they want to stir-it-up.
Bring-along a few buds beating the old war-drums.
Maybe make a picnic of it?

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 06:18 PM
link   

WHAT?!?!

On what planet is deciding to shop with someone else an act of aggression?!?

What is this??

The1800s lol?!?

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 06:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

You want to take military action against Iran for supplying China oil, all because of the Trump slapping tariffs all over the place ?
Perhaps if cheetolini hadn't started a tariff war the Chinese wouldn't have retaliated. I'm sure some numpty will come and explain how this is all just 3d chess moves blah blah blah.

To be fair, Iran and China have both been planning for AGES to drop the petro backed US dollar. Many countries have done this. ( remember when those chinese guys were caught with 134 billion dollars in fake US bonds? yeah, that story disappeared too)

Coincidentally, places like Syria, and Libya also relieved themselves of anything to do with the US dollar and for some reason had their leaders removed and are war torn.

But im sure its just coincidence.
edit on 16-7-2018 by Whatthedoctorordered because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-7-2018 by Whatthedoctorordered because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 06:25 PM
link   
immediately seize all Chinese assets in the US

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 06:28 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

RIGHT..

I was like “whoa kimosabi!!”

Where the hell is that a valid act of war?!?!

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 06:29 PM
link   

There is a pretty solid conspiracy theory that every US war sinceWW2 was really about maintaining the petrodollar..

Always follow the money..

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Whatthedoctorordered

Sure, we have also being having skirmishes with Russia for many years over gas, oil and pipelines, the current system of trade has been hanging in balance for some time, America have had a monopoly on oil sales through the petro dollar, trump has given the Chinese the excuse they needed to trade in other currencies. The last person to attack the petro dollar was Gaddafi, it didn't end well for him.

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 06:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

There is a pretty solid conspiracy theory that every US war sinceWW2 was really about maintaining the petrodollar..

Thats because we no longer hold the gold to back our dollar. Hell I would be surprised if we had ANY left.

My theory is Fort Knox is empty

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Really he was just a conspiracy theorist..

Hitler believed there was a vast Jewish conspiracy to dominate the world..

There wasn’t..

But if you believe what he did his actions were perfectly justified..

Which is why a leader who is a ridiculous conspiracy theorist can get dangerous FAST..

(Cough) trump(cough)..

Wasn’t trump on some amphetamine diet pill for decades as well???

Lol
edit on 16-7-2018 by JoshuaCox because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 06:44 PM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

Dude you should put a Trump poster on your wall so you can scream it it every day.

I suggest Two Minutes of Hate before every meal.
edit on 16-7-2018 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 06:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

I can believe that, make sure the Fed maintains it's power

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join