It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Theresa May presiding over ‘cloak and dagger’ plot by ‘establishment elite’ to sink Brexit

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2018 @ 08:20 AM
link   
The claim comes from former Brexit minister Steve Baker who last week resigned his post along with Brexit secretary David Davis , according to Mr Baker , in an interview with the Sunday Telegraph , the establishment elite are behind Theresa May's Chequers deal which is an attempt to scupper any chance of delivering the Brexit people voted for.

"An establishment elite who never accepted the fundamental right of the public to choose democratically their institutions, are working towards overturning them. "Large sections of the Government were working on the Chequers plan, and they've just had a coup de grâce at the last minute. I feel pretty sore about that".
"The public will know they have been betrayed."

He attacked the PM for negotiating with the EU "on our knees", blasting it as "pathetic". And he claimed the "Brexit-wrecking" Chequers deal could end up putting Jeremy Corbyn in Number 10.
High-profile Brexiteer Jacob Rees-Mogg seemed to support the idea of a conspiracy to undermine Brexit.
www.thesun.co.uk...

I think the public already have the feeling they are being betrayed , recent opinion polls have put Labour 4 points ahead of the Tories with the Tories losing voters to UKIP who have been rejuvenated by word that Nigel Farage may be ready to make a come back to fight for the Brexit we voted for.

“If we get to the spring of next year and Article 50 has been suspended or if this betrayal has continued, then yes, I would seriously consider chucking myself back into the frontline of this.
“It is not, I can assure you, on my bucket list of things to do, but if I have to, I will.”
www.express.co.uk...

There's treachery afoot but those of us who have followed this story already suspected that , how can a remain supporter be trusted to deliver the Brexit leavers wanted , that's like trying to put a square peg in a round hole .... isn't going to happen.

The 48 letters from MPs calling for a vote of confidence in Mrs May need to be registered and the process started to remove Theresa May from office if we are to stand any chance of achieving a successful and full Brexit before it's too late.

Conspiracy , treason and plot at the heart of Westminster , it's time to out the 5th columnists !

posted on Jul, 15 2018 @ 08:40 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

The problem being they want it to be too late.

posted on Jul, 15 2018 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Sad business that. And I've become increasingly suspicious that they would find an end run around the Brexit vote. I see numerous headlines from the UK tabloids carrying this story.

www.thepaperboy.com...

"Democracy" indeed.

Guess our poor Brit cousins will have to get used to forever living with EU regulations, i.e., lukewarm tea and cold winter homes.

posted on Jul, 15 2018 @ 09:41 AM
link   
It’s been a painfully slow attrition of what Brexit was supposed to be. There has been no serious attempt at negotiation just a couple of short meetings who’s outcome was decided in advance.

We have been bullied by the EU from the outset and crippled with the project fear crap. From the remainers in the press, Downing Street and the House of Lords they have constantly and deliberately sabotaged the process.

The EU is falling apart a failure of its own arrogance and expansionist ideas.

TM has stumbled from summit to summit, making concessions at every turn. Giving John Bercow (a remainer with a sense of self importance) a final say on parliament voting on the final bill. Every step is weakening our position.

The Chequers deal made to sound like a win for everyone but really just a load of watered down pish which would leave us neither in nor out. Yet strangled by legislation and unable to set our own rules.

We voted out so let’s get out, no payments, no contributions, no more being told what to do. Plenty of MEPs out of a job which is always a winner.

If they want a hard border in Ireland - let them build it. Don’t put it on the UK.
edit on 15-7-2018 by DrBobH because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2018 @ 09:46 AM
link   
To some people the only Brexit is to be as "hard" as possible. While I agree that's the cleanest it may well be the most damaging. May's plans appear to be "hard-light" - not quite "soft" -a sort of flaccid Brexit. It also seems to be the most acceptable at the moment.

Besides, give it a few years and if the view is that ties to the EU should be loosened then the politicians can make that happen.

That fat oaf Boris Johnson has not jumped on principles, he's jumped to prepare to unseat May. However, in this I think May has got the balance right, but let's see shall we?

posted on Jul, 15 2018 @ 09:49 AM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

The fight isn't over , I believe Theresa May will be brought down then negotiations can begin under a new leader.
At this moment in time I'd even take Boris to replace her , charisma is something we need right now.

The ship is rocking but we aint sinking.

posted on Jul, 15 2018 @ 10:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

The fight isn't over , I believe Theresa May will be brought down then negotiations can begin under a new leader.
At this moment in time I'd even take Boris to replace her , charisma is something we need right now.

Highly unlikely for a number of reasons, no one wants the poisoned Brexit chalice.
They've spent 2 years to get to this point and only have 2 months left to come up with another plan.

The truth is, No deal was never going to happen, how do I know this? Because buildings haven't been built for thousands of jobs, hiring process hasn't begun etc. If this was an airport this would have started last year, its the country and there's no
plan for no deal other than "eh we'll give you 40 million to sort it out.
It needs sorted out before we get to that point.

Lastly, at cheqeurs everyone had a chance to say what they wanted and no one had another plan.

May is screwed either way imo. She gives a bad brexit deal and she's gone, no deal she's gone, a close EU relationship with no say she's gone. There is no great deal to be had.

posted on Jul, 15 2018 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Ha Ha, maybe you should rock her rigt out of the boat.

posted on Jul, 15 2018 @ 11:57 AM
link   
We're cheering for y'all, Gortex, and much respect for fighting your own deep state factions who are trying to subvert your will. And good on your blokes for resigning in protest.

This has to be very scary for the globalist worldview as I'm confident that if you manage a true Brexit it will be a successful model and highlight what a sham the EU is. I say "meme" it up too--every little bit helps...powerful little buggers them memes.

edit on 15-7-2018 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2018 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Taggart

originally posted by: gortex

Highly unlikely for a number of reasons, no one wants the poisoned Brexit chalice.
They've spent 2 years to get to this point and only have 2 months left to come up with another plan.

The truth is, No deal was never going to happen, how do I know this? Because buildings haven't been built for thousands of jobs, hiring process hasn't begun etc. If this was an airport this would have started last year, its the country and there's no
plan for no deal other than "eh we'll give you 40 million to sort it out.
It needs sorted out before we get to that point.

Lastly, at cheqeurs everyone had a chance to say what they wanted and no one had another plan.

May is screwed either way imo. She gives a bad brexit deal and she's gone, no deal she's gone, a close EU relationship with no say she's gone. There is no great deal to be had.

Heavy on the the double negs there mate.

Kinda confusing. Much like the Brexit propositions...

posted on Jul, 15 2018 @ 03:40 PM
link   

I love it how all the pro-Brexit politicians are jumping off the boat and leaving. Why is that? Farage, Boris, Davis? They haven't had any major involvement in negotiations, have let go of their positions in government. It's very telling to me. Seems like they bit a lot more than they could chew.

This was never meant to be a real thing ya know? It was just meant to be a political talking point for Tory politicians and the like.

posted on Jul, 15 2018 @ 04:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Southern Guardian

I love it how all the pro-Brexit politicians are jumping off the boat and leaving. Why is that? Farage, Boris, Davis? They haven't had any major involvement in negotiations, have let go of their positions in government. It's very telling to me. Seems like they bit a lot more than they could chew.

This was never meant to be a real thing ya know? It was just meant to be a political talking point for Tory politicians and the like.

More like they value their integrity and don't want their careers destroyed by a party full of globalist hacks...

posted on Jul, 15 2018 @ 05:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi
Besides, give it a few years and if the view is that ties to the EU should be loosened then the politicians can make that happen.

If they can't/won't do it now ...... it will never get done and the UK will simply

end up as a tiny satellite of the EU.

In the first place the UK only joined a *common market* for trade, now they

are in a union which wont let them out!!

posted on Jul, 15 2018 @ 06:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Southern Guardian

I love it how all the pro-Brexit politicians are jumping off the boat and leaving. Why is that? Farage, Boris, Davis? They haven't had any major involvement in negotiations

Maybe that's why? They have no real say and no real power other than the power to bring attention.

posted on Jul, 15 2018 @ 06:03 PM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

After a few years the deals will be done and may not be able to be undone.

posted on Jul, 15 2018 @ 06:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
a reply to: paraphi

After a few years the deals will be done and may not be able to be undone.

This is what Brexit needs someone to say it as it is.....

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 15 2018 @ 07:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: eletheia

This is what Brexit needs someone to say it as it is.....

Logic and the courage to say it. Worth a watch for sure. In the process of using simple and inescapable logic, Nigel also calls out the international criminal cabal behind it all lol. Bravo, Nigel.
And dare I say Boris Johnson for PM!

edit on 15-7-2018 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2018 @ 07:17 PM
link   
a reply to: The GUT

If you ever have the time its worth watching some of his other videos,

He tells it as it is, I would have no concern if he was negotiating with

the EU for the UK.

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 04:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: eletheia

originally posted by: paraphi

If they can't/won't do it now ...... it will never get done and the UK will simply

end up as a tiny satellite of the EU.

In the first place the UK only joined a *common market* for trade, now they

are in a union which wont let them out!!

The chips are down. If we don't leave now, the UK will be the EU's gimp for the rest of our lives.

posted on Jul, 16 2018 @ 04:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

The UK joined a *common market* in the first place......

The ever increasing coersion, and sly intergration over time turned the

*common market* into a *union* When did that happen? I dont remember

voting for it ..... do you?

"softly softly catchee monkey" ?

I liken it to a *land grab* or colonisation by default.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join