It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK: David Davis resigning.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn
a reply to: ForteanOrg
A majority is a majority no matter which way you look at it.

But a very tiny majority should never be the trigger for such a major change like the Brexit. True democracy respects the rights of the minorities and tries to find a solution - the famous third way - that satisfies a very large part of the population, not just half + 1. That has never been tried in the UK, but is the normal practice in my country.

Please give me examples of EU 'efficiency'.

According to the EU Commission’s HR key figures card, on January 2014 the European Commission had about 33039 civil servants. Only about 21500 of those civil servants work in Brussels, the other 12000 work in other European and non-European countries. That might sound like a lot, but in comparison it is a VERY efficient civil service. The British Revenue and Customs administration alone has 80000 civil servants. The US federal government employs 1,8 million people. And if we only look at the civil servants on the federal level of the German administration, this already relatively small administration employs about 315.000 federal ‘beamter’.

A very recent study about the cost of non-Europe shows that we could save 800 billion € through further integration. 260 billion € could be saved if we would have a single digital market. 235 billion € if we would have a single market for consumer and citizens. 61 billion € we could save by coordinating our fiscal policies on the European level. 50 billion € if we would integrate our energy markets, 26 billion € if we would integrate our defences. And so on.

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: ForteanOrg

Thank you for taking the time and effort to reply.

I'll have to look in detail at your post, do some research etc before I can reply.

ETA

Minorities are well protected and looked after herein the UK.....we aren't barbarians you know.

Oh, if you'd provided sources I would have been able to reply quicker, maybe next time.
edit on 10/7/18 by Freeborn because: Add ETA

posted on Jul, 10 2018 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

You're most welcome. I am well aware of the level of civilisation in the UK, actually I like the Brits a lot, actually studied there.

<< 1  2   >>

join