It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WTF? Is this the most epic troll yet or is this real?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

If a US president were to try and become dictator, wouldn't they have to abolish the controls over the office of president, like this?

Honestly, the constant purges, the collusion with other dictators, the pulling out of diplomatic organizations, the arrogance and the unusual personal grooming style.

Just saying...

edit on 2/7/2018 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 05:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft
OK, check this little humdinger out - this is a little crazy, and massively funny, if true.

Axios has obtained a leaked draft of a Trump administration bill — ordered by the president himself — that would declare America’s abandonment of fundamental World Trade Organization rules.

Why it matters: The draft legislation is stunning. The bill essentially provides Trump a license to raise U.S. tariffs at will, without congressional consent and international rules be damned.

The details: The bill, titled the "United States Fair and Reciprocal Tariff Act," would give Trump unilateral power to ignore the two most basic principles of the WTO and negotiate one-on-one with any country:

The "Most Favored Nation" (MFN) principle that countries can't set different tariff rates for different countries outside of free trade agreements;
"Bound tariff rates" — the tariff ceilings that each WTO country has already agreed to in previous negotiations.
"It would be the equivalent of walking away from the WTO and our commitments there without us actually notifying our withdrawal," said a source familiar with the bill.

Axios

Also know as The FART Act - a 'leaked' bill from the Trump admin modifying relationships with the WTO over tariffs.

I don't know why I'm laughing, but this made me nonetheless. Is this a troll attempt which also has an added bonus of rooting out a leaker?

What say you ATS???

Don't feel bad. Everyone laughs at FART jokes.....

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 05:23 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

Most dictators do seem to have an unusual personal grooming style. Let's hope Howie Mandell never gets elected.

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 05:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
Sounds sensible. All countries should be able to agree on deals independently with each other. The EU especially shows just how ridiculous it is trying to get around 30 countries to agree on a deal - ends up with so much compromise that no one wins.

Globalist organisations impinging on national sovereignty need to be wiped out.

The EU is dead. Where is the Trump/Putin Summit being held? Who is being installed as the head of the Council of Europe (47 countries...) at the same time? Did Gazprom just announce their new year around tanker transport of oil from the Northernmost arctic areas?

No country that is worried about war, spends that much capital on remote infrastructure. Icebreakers, not bombs. Europe...all of it...both east and west currently....will be a trading block...loosely organized on country to country agreements. It's not completely unlike league play with independent teams....

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 05:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

Most dictators do seem to have an unusual personal grooming style. Let's hope Howie Mandell never gets elected.

TheRedneck

Fist bump!

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 05:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

Most dictators do seem to have an unusual personal grooming style.

All your narcissism are belong to us....

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 05:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

If a US president were to try and become dictator, wouldn't they have to abolish the controls over the office of president, like this?

Honestly, the constant purges, the collusion with other dictators, the pulling out of diplomatic organizations, the arrogance and the unusual personal grooming style.

Just saying...

This is the way I see it....

If a US president were to try and free a nation from the grips of the deep state and its puppetmaster bloodlines, wouldn't they have to abolish the bloodline controls over the office of president, like this?

Honestly, the constant purges from deep state entities and agencies, the collusion with non-bloodline-approved dictators, the pulling out of international bankster & bloodline organizations, the arrogance of the MSM and the usual personal attacks on his grooming style.......

Just saying...

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Query; Would they be stupid enough to choose such an obvious acronym?

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 05:55 PM
link   
i think more than one person is doing the trolling.

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Hair Icon!

No other reason to vote for the #.

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 06:21 PM
link   
The FART act ?

That stinks !

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 06:28 PM
link   
I would be ok with it. Equal trade is a good idea.

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 09:07 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

Your not going to like all these new powers being given to the president once the next dem potus is elected.....

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 10:00 PM
link   

The bill essentially provides Trump a license to raise U.S. tariffs at will, without congressional consent and international rules be damned.

Just what we need, even more consolidation of power in the executive branch!

The extent of partisan shortsightedness never ceases to amaze me, and people are actually supporting the notions presented in this alleged bill. SMH

For the past two years the right have created a straw man. Using a broad-brush to paint the left by fringe examples of the of the most extreme progressive antics. Clearly it's reached the point that they've convinced themselves that the pendulum couldn't possibly swing back to a Democrat ever being in the White House; so sure! Give the President even more unchecked powers!

The pendulum always swings, and if such an alleged bill actually passes... there won't be an ocean big enough to hold all of the conservative tears when a Democrat gets the chance to utilize such unchecked powers.
edit on 7/2/18 by redmage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 02:39 AM
link   
Doesn't seem likely. Will wait on an update. In the meantime:

Anyone remember this?
The Dark Side of Globalization: Why Seattle's 1999 Protesters Were Right

The WTO demonstrators were the "Occupy" movement of the late-20th century—mocked, maligned, and mostly right.
Source

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 04:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: dashen
The fart Act..

I envy my children's and grandchildren's history books

If it was true: 'Why did twitter make a Trump do a FART'. 'What role did South Park's Terrance and Phillip/serialization of Trump play in making Trump FART on the Canadian Prime Ministers Milk?'

May boost natural gas sales but no one's going to buy farted on food and drink.

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 04:16 AM
link   
F A R T

Finally A Recalcitrant Trump ?

F I N A L L Y

* see acronym thread ...
edit on 3-7-2018 by Timely because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 04:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: redmage

The bill essentially provides Trump a license to raise U.S. tariffs at will, without congressional consent and international rules be damned.

so sure! Give the President even more unchecked powers!

The pendulum always swings, and if such an alleged bill actually passes... there won't be an ocean big enough to hold all of the conservative tears when a Democrat gets the chance to utilize such unchecked powers.

It seems that republicans do want bigger government, they say they don't try they are trying very hard to increase government oversight, they say it's to curb the left but it's fairly obvious at this point that's a lie.

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 08:55 AM
link   
I'll check back in a few hours to see if even verified as real leaked draft of ....
Ain't missing Switzerland vs Sweden...

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 09:02 AM
link   
I'm all for it. We should be able to negotiate 1 on 1. Having to make sure anyone else gets a good deal should be their problem. It's the way the world works. It's called negotiating, and the best negotiator gets the best deal!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join