It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bible prophecy unfolding? Collapse of Iran imminent?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Just thought I would point this out.

To tell the truth here I had a supernatural experience back in 2001-2002 that the Apocalypse was starting. I researched it and boned up on the prophesies of the bible just to understand what was happening. So here's what I'm watching as the next event of the Apocalypse.

Daniel 8

www.rferl.org...

In the prophecy of the battle of the ram and the goat it's predicted that a powerful country from the west would attack and conquer 2 nations in the middle east. (The horns of the ram. ) But then the ram itself dies. And another detail. Verses 17 and 19 specifically state that this prophecy is an end time prophecy.

So the problem is this. It appears that we're starting the end times. And looking at the history of the past 18 years it looks like history is following prophesies. With the US subbing for Greece in the prophesies of Daniel.

And would this be the start of the days of the tribulation of the carcass as mentioned in Matthew 24 -28
edit on 2-7-2018 by ntech because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 08:33 AM
link   
a reply to: ntech

I doubt it. Iran is as big as California and about the same population. Iran has 12 factories capable of making weapons grade aluminum tubes for centrifuges. It's a huge culture. It's not going to collapse anytime soon.

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 08:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

I doubt it. Iran is as big as California and about the same population. Iran has 12 factories capable of making weapons grade aluminum tubes for centrifuges. It's a huge culture. It's not going to collapse anytime soon.

Literally none of that matters.... Larger countries w much more import export and better economic standing have collapsed in the last 100yrs

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 08:54 AM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

It looks like they are doing pretty good:

www.google.com... 0i22i30k1l2.1020.9660.0.9881.37.33.2.0.0.0.124.2560.30j2.32.0....0...1.1.64.psy-ab..3.34.2563.0..35i39k1j0i131k1j0i20i264k1j0i10k1j0i20i263k1j0i13k1j3 3i160k1.0.dlWFnpSx6iA

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Yeah. I dont buy into prophecies because more than half of them become false or just out right outlandish. The apocolypse will come when it comes. No one will forsee the exact date except God. The end of days always shift between tomorrow and the next 1000 years

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 09:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

It looks like they are doing pretty good:

www.google.com... 0i22i30k1l2.1020.9660.0.9881.37.33.2.0.0.0.124.2560.30j2.32.0....0...1.1.64.psy-ab..3.34.2563.0..35i39k1j0i131k1j0i20i264k1j0i10k1j0i20i263k1j0i13k1j3 3i160k1.0.dlWFnpSx6iA

They aren't...... Their currency is dropping in value and between their spending in Syria and money being sent to Hamas they are going broke.........

Its pissing off the populace that's why they've been having riots.....

You should look up the current events.....

Now I don't believe its any prophecy, but never the less things aren't peachy

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Why in this day and age are we still thinking like this?
What if I said that according to the third Harry Potter book, that the end days are here as it was written by volderbutt?
It’s just a collection of word of mouth stories and songs, translated many times over and finally picked over by some whack jobs in the Orthodox Church to make us what? Feel good about paying Caesar his dues?

Can we like, live in the real world?
This is mind boggling to me how people still base their fears on this kind of crap.

edit on 2-7-2018 by EmmanuelGoldstein because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 09:25 AM
link   
in the OP :

Verses 17 and 19 specifically state that this prophecy is an end time prophecy.

Yes, the prophecy for the end-times begins with verse 9 ( then echoed in verse 23: And in the latter time of their kingdom)
~And out of one of them came forth a little horn, which waxed exceeding great, toward the south, and toward the east, and toward the pleasant land.~

the Angel explained the vision as being Alexander the Great, the 4 Generals dividing the Greek Empire 4 ways...
then the future prophecy begins (verse 9...) with the 'Little horn' which comes out of the former Selucid Empire in the end-times..

so look for a little horn out of the region of Syria/Kurd territory/western Iraq/southern Turkey in these next several years which might even be an emboldened Assad of Syria with Russia support ....or someone else to arise even as the City of Damascus is made into a heap of rubble

edit on nd31153054167502272018 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 09:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: EmmanuelGoldstein
What if I said that according to the third Harry Potter book, that the end days are here as it was written by volderbutt?
It’s just a collection of word of mouth stories and songs, translated many times over and finally picked over by some whack jobs in the Orthodox Church to make us what? Feel good about paying Caesar his dues?

This is mind boggling to me how people still base their fears on this kind of crap.

But think about this thought:

What if there are "powers" that want the common folk to BELIEVE that the end times is upon them? What if you (or a group of folks that thought like you) had the power to manipulate things...world events.... to create an ILLUSION of the end times....to use this for nefarious ends....like a world government (and a tyrannical one at that)
MAN....or "THE MAN" has been manipulating world affairs and other men with religion since probably the first human pointed upwards ( or any place that wasn't INWARDS....from within the human spirit/mind)
my opinion
edit on 7/2/2018 by Cornczech because: pfft

edit on 7/2/2018 by Cornczech because: (no reason given)

edit on 7/2/2018 by Cornczech because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: WarPig1939

I had a prophetic dream once, and it told me not to believe in any prophecies

Plus, I am a virgo, so i don't believe in Astrology.

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Because, like it or not, religion is our culture. It's the stories of our ancestors, passed from generation to generation. Who are you to say they should not be respected.

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Cornczech

Sure, I could totally see that working with prophecy too though -

"When people say, "There is peace and security," destruction will strike them as suddenly as labor pains come to a pregnant woman, and they will not be able to escape."

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 11:26 AM
link   

We can, but we still have to take the opinions and beliefs of people into account. They're not going away.

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Lil horn is probably Erdogan.

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Iran is close to 5-thousand years old, the United States in comparison is 241 this week. While the regime may change, Iran is not going away even in a an apocalypse scenario.

Many experts believe that the current unrest is the hard liners exerting pressure on the current crop of "moderates" in power.

The US should stand with the people but better be careful as the region does not need another vacuum, and their are worse actors waiting in the wings, but Iran is not going anywhere. The US has a better chance of falling before a country and region with 5-thousand year history.

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: DJMSN

All that would really have to happen is the government falls apart and a new regime takes over. Look at how fast the USSR failed. That could be the fate of Iran. Just bears watching.

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: St Udio

Just one problem here. What happened in the BC era wasn't in the end times. Why? This prophecy from Hosea. The day of Jezreel prophecy and it's time line mentioned in verses 6-1,2,and 3.

1 Come, and let us return unto the LORD: for he hath torn, and he will heal us; he hath smitten, and he will bind us up.
2 After two days will he revive us: in the third day he will raise us up, and we shall live in his sight.
3 Then shall we know, if we follow on to know the LORD: his going forth is prepared as the morning; and he shall come unto us as the rain, as the latter and former rain unto the earth.

2 days or a 2000 year curse on Israel and Judah. So if the curse was placed on Israel in the first century AD then the end times come at the end of the curse. That would be now. My best guess has the curse ending by 2028 at the latest.

The end times are now.

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJMSN
Iran is close to 5-thousand years old, the United States in comparison is 241 this week.

The US is far older than the Republic of Iran.

The Constitution of the Islamic Republic of Iran[1][2] was adopted by referendum on 2 and 3 December 1979,[3][4] and went into force replacing the Constitution of 1906.[5] It was amended on 28 July 1989.[6] The constitution has been called a "hybrid" of "theocratic and democratic elements". While articles One and Two vest sovereignty in God, article six "mandates popular elections for the presidency and the Majlis, or parliament."[7] However all democratic procedures and rights are subordinate to the Guardian Council and the Supreme Leader, whose powers are spelled out in Chapter Eight (Articles 107-112).[7][8]

In its history, the Islamic Republic has had two Supreme Leaders: Ruhollah Khomeini, who held the position from 1979 until his death in 1989, and Ali Khamenei, who has held the position since Khomeini's death.

They are almost 39 years old.
Their political system is volatile and struggling to maintain power in a quickly changing world.

Citing the "ancient history" of a geographic area is completely irrelevant when analyzing their current situation in terms of geopolitics.

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 01:30 PM
link   

I believe this prophecy relates to the Roman Conquest of Isreal when the place of worship was destroyed. Isreal was split into 2 groups at this time like they had been in the past. It also discusses the subsequent church of Constantine that rose out of the ashes of Isreal. It says that this great church was fractured into 4, probably talking about the different Christian denominations that split from the Catholic church.

The Old Testament talks about 6 different time periods but is often thought of as depicting only one or two periods. Revelation helps to clarify this.

1. The time leading up to the Christ.

2. The time of Christ's ministry, the suffering servant.

3. The destruction of the temple and subsequent Roman rule in 70 Ad which is the abomination of desolation.

4. The period of the Anti Christ. The false church and her daughters that teaches men that obedience is impossible do to a fallen nature. The church that claims to be God, " The Vicar of Christ". She infects the minds of 1/3 because the Jews and Muslims the other 2/3 do not follow this teaching.

5. The 1000 year reign of Christ which is preceeded by the conquering servant.

6. The War of Gog and Magog at the end of the 1000 year reign. Which is the end of times and the birth of a New Kingdom.

Failure to understand the 6 different distinct time periods has lead to much confusion as to what events happen when. The true end times is still far away as we have yet to even enter the 1000 year reign of Christ.

Add the 2300 days or 2300 years could be the time between the fall of Jerusalem and the time that proper worship would be restored. In Revelation it says this 2300 year time period will be shortened for the sake of the elect.

edit on 2-7-2018 by Isurrender73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Isurrender73

I have a theory as to what is happening now and what happened 2000 years ago. The theory is this.

The first century Jews botched the first century Apocalypse. And the reason is this. John the Baptist wasn't supposed to die. And what the problem is that John the Baptist was supposed to have been a co-messiah. He was the reincarnation of Elijah the Prophet according to Jesus Christ in Matthew 17. And per Zechariah and Malachi there was supposed to have been either 3 or 4 messiahs there. The Lord, The 2 branches of Zechariah, and Elijah the prophet. By killing Elijah the Jews triggered the curse of Malachi 4. And that is the 2000 year curse of Hosea 6.

Which leads to today. 1900 and 90 years approximately after his death. Looking at the 70 weeks prophecy of Daniel 9 it breaks down into 7 weeks, 62 weeks, and one week. That one week has never been able to consummate. The curse got in the way. So this last week of 7 years is going to run at the end of the curse.

And this makes the day of Jezreel in Hosea the 1000 year reign of the saints in Revelation. Same event different name.

So to summarize, The first century Jews botched the first century Apocalypse. That put the Apocalypse on a 2000 year detour. So the end time events that happened 2000 years ago no longer matter. We're now in the new end times. And everything marked as an end time event has to occur again.

So Daniel repeats.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join