It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Addicted To Drama, Propoganda, and BS - Tired of it.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 09:39 AM
link   
This will not be a popular post, because so many ATS members resonate with the symptoms, but I'm going to post it because maybe it will act as a mirror.

Lately I've seen so many individuals that stir the pot of human emotions, here on ATS, and social media as well. Now doing this can be a constructive, or a destructive thing, some people do it consciously, and others do it from a reactionary state. The people that do it consciously for destructive purposes, are the ones that cause chaotic ripple effects, on our world.

I also believe in karma, and the karma they create for themselves must be overwhelming.

Steps I've taken lately.

Back to the basics.......... I haven't watched TV, or 24/7 BS news in decades. Even Hollywood rubbished is getting filtered in my life now, down to a few movies month, hopefully none in the future.

I refuse to waste my time living vicariously through people that get paid to BS us, stir emotions destructively, and then arrogantly believe this is a constructive MO.

So what am I doing with my extra time now? I go kayaking, fishing, volunteer, home hobbies, spend time with family members, or do needed things around the house with my extra time.

Rhetorical questions to ask oneself.

Is what I'm doing constructive or destructive?

Am I doing it to bolster my ego?

Do I do things cause anger, hate, or any lower emotions?

What have I done recently to truly help another person in need?

When was the last time I didn't need a substance to alter my mood to feel good?

If you resonate, or have been triggered with these questions, then most likely you need to put yourself into a long time-out, and find your humanity again.

With much love, compassion, and respect

Realtruth

edit on 26-6-2018 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 09:44 AM
link   
I think watching less television is admirable. I know I watch less movies because they are mostly trash these days. I am more likely to watch a classic 80’s or 90’s movie than any of the new garbage out.

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Realtruth

Hey, good for you. Life must be good if saving yourself is as easy as turning off the television.

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 10:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

Hey, good for you. Life must be good if saving yourself is as easy as turning off the television.

Life is as good as we make it, for ourselves, and the people closes to us. Turning the TV off is actually easy, the rest actually takes work. Being as conscious as I can about the things I do daily, but I still sometimes slip up.

Breaking myself away from the old ways, and getting into a new MO takes a lot of work. I find many times even when I'm out in a kayak that I wrestle with monkey-mind thoughts, but eventually things will settle.

What I've found is that as a collective we all seem to be afflicted by these chaotic states, and for some silly reason we keep reinforcing them with a daily routine.

btw I have always enjoyed your deep thinking on many issues.

edit on 26-6-2018 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Yea, sometimes I won't watch or read the news for a week. It's just too much left vs right politics. It's some crazy pendulum that never comes to a satisfying end. Always chaos and a fight. Seems like that is the intention.

Better to focus on yourself

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 10:20 AM
link   

You do the right thing!

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 10:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
I think watching less television is admirable. I know I watch less movies because they are mostly trash these days. I am more likely to watch a classic 80’s or 90’s movie than any of the new garbage out.

You're just being an old fart.

There are many good new flicks.

Try one of these -
The Commuter
The Foreigner
Tomb Raider (the new reboot)

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 10:37 AM
link   

I've actually been watching old stand up comedy recently and realized this isn't anything new, just exacerbated by our ability to communicate quicker.

I like comedy because it's a lense into how we think without all the bias and motive (for the most part) other than conveying truth in a more palatable format.

I suggest Dave Chappell's "killing them softly". It's from 2000 and is on HBO go, it's creepily relevant for being 18 years old.

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 11:02 AM
link   

So what am I do with my extra time now?

Now you have more time to be on Facebook.

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: muzzleflash

originally posted by: Metallicus

You're just being an old fart.

There are many good new flicks.

Try one of these -
The Commuter
The Foreigner
Tomb Raider (the new reboot)

And some great new TV that I had the pleasure of working on.

Preacher
Godless
Better Caul Saul
Messiah...Netflix series www.imdb.com...
edit on 26-6-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 11:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

I've actually been watching old stand up comedy recently and realized this isn't anything new, just exacerbated by our ability to communicate quicker.

I like comedy because it's a lense into how we think without all the bias and motive (for the most part) other than conveying truth in a more palatable format.

I suggest Dave Chappell's "killing them softly". It's from 2000 and is on HBO go, it's creepily relevant for being 18 years old.

If you want to check out how long this has been going on, watch Turner Classic Movies. I've been caring for a relatively who is bedridden, who also really likes old movies. And in light of what I know about NLP and psy-ops and predictive programming now....it is positively fascinating how it was used even before sound movies.

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 11:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: pavil

Now that was funny. Spit drink on the iPad!

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Lie to me.

Please lie to me.

Silver tongue oh silver tongue, your appendage would be sharp if not for being so slimy.

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 11:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: pavil

Not into the bickering, look-at-me, and chaos there either, but thanks for bringing it to our attention. ATS used to be a place for cool heads, but has descended into the abyss overall. There are informative posts, but parts of ATS have become a place for one-uping, sarcastic remarks that allow for deflection, and anything but working on being a decent human-being.

Who knows maybe everyone needs to be baptized by overwhelming lower emotions, chaos, hatred, and deflection to find peace within? It's hard to say.

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Well at least all the YOURE A RAICST type allegations have mostly died down. I was away for a few years came back in 2016 and the board were on fire with that noise, and I was completely blown away I hadnt ever seen that for an hour and 'all the sudden' it was round the clock everyday that summer.

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 11:35 AM
link   
I see what you see RealTruth, a lot of people falling into the trap of constant negative emotions set up by those in power. ATS has become a haven for the reinforcement of those negative emotions. As you said, it has become a routine for many people on here to get their daily dose of drama that stirs up those emotions. I still participate but only from a place where I am trying to point such things out to those I am "debating". It's sad to see what "they" have turned this place into.

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 11:39 AM
link   

I'm rethinking some things too. Good on ya', RT.

I still think it's important to be part of the debate, however, but I'm seriously reevaluating how to do that most effectively.

I took about a 2-year break from ATS (dropped in occasionally) not that long ago. It was good for me. Came back mostly because I was tired of seeing good folk called names by rabid ideologues and I hate bullies and I also wanted to take the time to deconstruct some of the wild accusations being slung willy-nilly at folk. But you can't get in the mud wrestling ring without muddying oneself--which I already knew but which I somehow seem to had forgotten.

Whatever happened to jello wrestling? That was a great sport and the girls were really cute.

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Addicted To Drama, Propoganda, and BS - Tired of it.

I'm not addicted, I can quit anytime I want!

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Arnt you really just saying “screw the world . I’m gonna worry about my own problems”?

Now don’t get me wrong your not helping anyone getting super emotionally invested in an issue you can’t do anything to fix, but if people do not care and get involved then NOTHING would ever get fixed.

I think the problem we have politically is conspiracy theories..

If you truely believe there is a vast leftist conspiracy by the fBI and media to dethrone the president and destroy America.

What is going too far to stop that???

Or the left’s “corporate robber Barron’s paying off all the politicians so they can rape and pillage the population for profit”..

If either one of those is true it is worth fighting..

Your a thousand percent correct. There is a mountain of BS, but it is BS that REALLY REALLY MATTERS.

Like “people starve to death” matters..

Like “wars are fought” matters..

Like “people get locked in concrete boxes “matters..

posted on Jun, 26 2018 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Will reason, common sense and civility save us? Or will the gradual slide toward conflict consume us?

Until this morning, I was fairly convinced it would be the latter. But now? I'm not so sure. We may just be OK after all, cooler heads can prevail and a more sane country can be realized

Really pulling for everyone here

(and we cut the cord to cable years ago. mostly live streaming now and/or pre-paid online service like Net Flix)
edit on 6/26/2018 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join