It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The fear of aliens

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 01:24 AM
link   
I dont know about any of you guys but whenever I see an alledged picture of a grey I get chills down my spine. I dont know if its from being abducted and subconciously remembering or the fact that a superior race is out there that we would probably have no defence against.

I went here and it said that fear is a learned thing

Here I found a list of 58 signs of abduction and one said when there is a marker in your memory like the face of an alien or flying where it could not be a dream. I have had some of these symptoms.

Here is information about Post abduction syndrome or PAS. Well its better then having PMS I suppose
, but seriously I have also had these symptoms.

The reason I found this sight and joined was because I believed I was being abducted and started a thread about it.

Now I pose this question: Are some of us afraid of aliens because we fear a race that is superior to us or that some of us have been abducted and have a subconciouse fear of them? Or could it be both?

I am not sure if I was abducted or not but have experienced some strange things. Things that are mentioned in the links above and whenever I see a picture of the greys or read about them or evan think about them I get a chill. Evan as Im writing this im a little scared. I wasnt always scared whenever I saw a picture. Its just been in the last 2 or 3 years that Ive been experiencing this fear. It started around the time I thought I was being abducted.

So is it subconciouse memory or the thought of a superior race? What do you think?

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 01:54 AM
link   
There's a number of reasons that you could feel like this.

First of all, when reading through a list of symptoms, there's many that are often ambiguous (such that many people could feel that way, yet not have experienced the cause that the symptoms are listed for). If you truly fear that you are being abducted and not remembering it, I'd advise a trip to a psychologist or a hypnotherapist, and see if you can uncover anything that may have been repressed. I'm not insinuating that you're crazy, just offering an option that may help you remember, or at least clear some things up for you.

Fear is very much a learned thing. Typically it's learned by direct experience. Infants, for instance aren't afraid of fire. Often, they have to burn themselves before they fear it. In other cases, fear of something can be learned through belief, such as a fear of the unknown. Humans often fear that which they do not understand because it's been ingrained into our subconsious on many levels by those around us. Aliens are one of the things that sort of fall into this category. Humans tend to fear them partially because we don't know or understand them, and sometimes, in cases of alien abductions, because of things that were done to the people who were abducted, even if they don't remember it consiously. Both types of fear of aliens can be equally as strong, so there's really no telling which has caused your fear of aliens without you being able to recall the abduction (if that is, in fact, the case).

Finally, most humans are afraid of a "superior" race, because to many of them it means that they are no longer in control of their own well being. They fear restriction of their access to resources such as food or shelter, they fear for their own freedom. Human desire is to be the best. If a race were to come along and flat out show us that they are better than we are, it would scare us, because we'd suddenly find ourselves feeling as though we have no defense.

Your fear could be based on any of these possible causes, or even perhaps on one that I have not even thought to explore. Either way, I hope this helps you a little bit, at the least.

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 02:11 PM
link   
I honestly don't think that aliens will hurt you.
and are you sure that it wasn't a dream when you got abducted

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by elektro
I honestly don't think that aliens will hurt you.
and are you sure that it wasn't a dream when you got abducted

I started this thread to talk about fear that I have when I see a picture of an alien. Not my experiences. I made it to see what made me and others scared of aliens. Whether it be subconcious memory or the fear of a higher power.

But if you must know Ive never gotten hurt but I have found strange looking stains on my pillow and other parts of my bed. I am sure it was not a dream. 100%

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 03:36 PM
link   
I know its kinda stupid of me to say this but the worst they do is make a smal cut in you or put and implant in you which is easily removed.....

what pictures are you talking about if you dont mind linking them

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Who wouldn't be afraid of a superior being imean they have the knowledge of travling through space and time continuim.

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lamagraa

You know just any picture. Like if theres a tv special like on the history or discover channel about the. Or if you just type in greys at google. Nothing specific

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 04:44 PM
link   
I fit more than 80% of those criteria, and have posted before about the abduction.

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 10:04 PM
link   
First off, nice background work Croat56. Still looking for that beer

I have to admit, that I also get a creepy feeling when looking at pictures or drawings of aliens. The most popular depiction is a small body with oversize head and large black eyes. But i'ts not because I've seen them or thought I was abducted. But how they are depicted to look like insects. Personally, I just don't like bugs. I have to much of a vivid imagination, I think, if I ever came across one of these guys, I would probably panic, and that is the feeling I get.

But I also find myself intriged when reading about descriptions of recovered bodies, like in the alien autoupsy. Others have described them as biologically engineered entities that really don't think for themselves, they are like robots with programmed responses, and they are not the real aliens.

In any case, I can relate.

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 12:55 AM
link   
every now and then about once every 1-2months i will wake-up with my pillow covered in blood, it because of a nose bleed... and i dont suffer from nose bleeds when im awake.
i also have these scars on my back which are quite big, ive had them for about 2 years now, i did abit of research and found that it may be because i grew to quick for my skin to keep up... therefore gettin 'stretch marks'. if anyone is interested, ill take a picture of these scars and see what you have to say.
i've feared aliens read bad since i was around 5, i was always scared of waking up on a operating table paralyised with greys fiddling around with me. but ive stopped being scared of them over the past few years...

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by rwatkins
First off, nice background work Croat56. Still looking for that beer

I have to admit, that I also get a creepy feeling when looking at pictures or drawings of aliens. The most popular depiction is a small body with oversize head and large black eyes. But i'ts not because I've seen them or thought I was abducted. But how they are depicted to look like insects. Personally, I just don't like bugs. I have to much of a vivid imagination, I think, if I ever came across one of these guys, I would probably panic, and that is the feeling I get.

In any case, I can relate.

Dont worry Im sure youll find the beer.

You make a good point about how they look like kinda like insects. I never thought of that. Since Some ppl are afraid of bugs, which ill never understand except for killer bees, that could be why some are afraid. I could also understand a fear of reptilians since we are conditioned to be afraid of reptiles from our past when we were still in the trees.

And Im sure any1 would panic if they woke up next to an alien.

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by cheeser
every now and then about once every 1-2months i will wake-up with my pillow covered in blood, it because of a nose bleed... and i dont suffer from nose bleeds when im awake.
i also have these scars on my back which are quite big, ive had them for about 2 years now, i did abit of research and found that it may be because i grew to quick for my skin to keep up... therefore gettin 'stretch marks'. if anyone is interested, ill take a picture of these scars and see what you have to say.
i've feared aliens read bad since i was around 5, i was always scared of waking up on a operating table paralyised with greys fiddling around with me. but ive stopped being scared of them over the past few years...

If you havent already then you should see a docter about that. If it is aliens it could be from nasal probing(Yes thats right they probe in other places besides the anus).

I am also afraid of waking up at an operating table, but I think the thought of not knowing that Ive been on an operating table against my will with aliens is evan a more scary thought to me. Lucky for me I think they have stopped abducting me.

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 11:11 PM
link   
i'm not sure if i would want to remember if aliens did abduct me.
*What you dont know, cant hurt you*

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lamagraa
I know its kinda stupid of me to say this but the worst they do is make a smal cut in you or put and implant in you which is easily removed.....

I agree, that seems silly. What makes you certain that's the worse they have done?

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 12:26 PM
link   
worst they can do huh, try RAPE and violation!

thats like saying a terrorist abducted my sister and only implanted her after they took her by force without consent then drugged her then had there way with here and gave her a freaking tag with it all!!!!!!!!!!

and have some kid say it was nothing just a cut.........
or they let her live and dropped her back at home so its cool....

then have people speculate on why they are feared and disliked by abductees........go figure.......
ridiculously niave the general public is..........

[edit on 22-2-2005 by lizzardsamok]

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 12:41 PM
link   
I suspect that fear comes out of alien depictions because they are generated by fear itself. The psychological signs that illicit fear or the 'archetypes' (to use a more 'archaic' usage) come into normal society, from man's subconcious and instinct, and work their old affects.

Thus aliens are terrifying becuase they are a sort of 'distilled' terror.

Carl Sagan reports, coincidentally, that old sightings of the virign mary or saints depicted them as some what 'alienised', usually only in the form of being very small or dimunitive tho.

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 12:53 PM
link   
I have always feared the grey without any reason at all.

I don't fear the reptoids as much, I fear them just as much as a komodo dragon or something.

I also fear jellyfish, I wont go into any waters that have them...

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by GrOuNd_ZeRo
I don't fear the reptoids as much, I fear them just as much as a komodo dragon or something.

You don't fear ten foot long giant lizards with incredibly powerful bites and infectious poisonous saliva 'much'?

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 07:27 PM
link   
yes nygdan those would be giant lizards ,lol - ( inside joke sorry)
I would be repectful of that nasty lizards mouth at least....

posted on Apr, 13 2005 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Hey i got the same symptons. Unusual fear of aliens ALOT of fear. Read my post "Abduction + Alien Implant?" for more details or U2U.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join