It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Next Afghanistan May Be South of the US Border

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 07:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: Xtrozero

Why can't we just get invaded by aliens!

Careful what false flag you ask for ...

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 07:18 PM
link   
a reply to: DanDanDat

Like a ships captain steering the ship in the general direction can accurately predict certain locations it will cross .

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 07:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Imagine if Trump and/or the current administration meet aliens?

Chances are they would either turn tail and leave immediately, never to return or form a very valid and significant reason to destroy our civilization.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 08:59 PM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

they need real estate to grow food?

Nah, the main exports from Africa to China are usually energy supplies and raw materials/minerals. 2 of the top 15 oil producing countries in the world are Nigeria and Angola, and Angola is usually China's 3rd largest oil supplier, only after Russia and Saudi Arabia. And ironically, most African countries are actually net food importers now (though they used to be food exporters decades ago).

Or maybe build more factories and industries so they can let their own country "air out". Whew.

That's definitely happening right now. A lot of Chinese companies have already started outsourcing some production into African countries. And a lot of businesspeople think African nations will cumulatively become the next "world's factory", eventually taking the title from China.

(I suspect you had something more sinister in mind)

(Gasp!) Me??

Though if I'm correct, I expect Latin American countries to be involved too. People always look at the Cold War in terms of the US vs the USSR, but there was so much more to it. Communist China had a completely different gameplan from the Soviets, particularly from the 70s onward. And I suspect that when the smoke clears and historians look back on this era, China & its allies will be seen as the eventual victors.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 09:11 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

isn't that racial profiling

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 09:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

Let's be honest its quite clear whos next really.

Thanks. Looks great!

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 09:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift
I was thinking Africa. There are some very important technology minerals there, and they're important enough that the superpowers might want to start cleaning up that continent in order to guard against shortages. Get rid of the warlords, establish some puppet governments... you know, the usual.

China and India are already on that. Besides, the "white devils" have already interfered over there enough. Our local liberal population wouldn't stand for it.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 09:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: the2ofusr1
a reply to: DanDanDat

Like a ships captain steering the ship in the general direction can accurately predict certain locations it will cross .

That certainly seems to be true.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 09:56 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

One thing does tend to lead to the other.

For both the sake of our nations, and the rest of the world, i hope it never turns nasty.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 05:36 AM
link   

I'm thinking the US has much invested in Mexico and all of south and central America,the CIA has infiltrated much of it since the 60's,the CIA is the drug lord,these clowns they display are very minimal,and they have the Catholic church helping them,how do you think MS-13 got so big,they are the US hitmen,when they want to infiltrate,they call in their army,war on drugs is a facade

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 06:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift
I was thinking Africa. There are some very important technology minerals there, and they're important enough that the superpowers might want to start cleaning up that continent in order to guard against shortages. Get rid of the warlords, establish some puppet governments... you know, the usual.

China is already there building roads and infrastructure. They're looking to corner the market on all precious metals. The African puppet strings will be held by the Chinese.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 06:38 AM
link   
a reply to: LogicalGraphitti

And judging by the wonderful things the Chinese have done for their own country environmentally, we better kiss most of the African mega-fauna good-bye.

You never know though, some enterprising Chinese hyper-billionaire might see a future in ranching rhinos for the horn powder.
edit on 22-6-2018 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 07:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: conspiracy nut
Just imagine the flood of refugees when Venezuela collapses. Yes I believe we will have big issues with Central, south america and Mexico. This is our backyard and we should work with their governments to eradicate crime, poverty and corruption. We should invest in them to build up their infrastructure and teach their citizens skills so they can help to build up their own countries.

We think alike.

When I saw the title of this thread, the first country I thought of was Venezuela.

They have a real mess going on down there. Even if they get different leadership - via peaceful or violent means - it's already too late to stop that train from derailing.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 08:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero
I was just thinking that as places around the world dry up as in SK, Afghanistan, maybe EU for military actions/commitments we need a new place to keep the old military industrial complex going and South America seems like a ripe spot to do that. The main thing would be to identify all Drug cartel/lords/criminals as terrorists and then we could pull a Iraq/Afghanistan on countries like El Salvador, Guatemala, and Nicaragua to name a few, and start our "country building" operations.

When we see people swarming into Mexico with the Mexican Government just waving them through across their whole country right up to our borders we have few choices outside of going to their country and removing the threat that is driving them to our borders in the first place.

Thoughts/Concerns?

I think Mexico is a country that could mobilise its Economy and become 10x what it is today IMHO it could become a global force......the people are not armed like Americans and Canadians ...the country needs HELP FROM CANADA AND AMERICA and other Countries to shut down their criminal gangs…..last time I checked the Mexican gangs were bleeding from losing the MJ trade to legalisation and they were bleeding from losing American government complicity importing coc aine and heroin nd they weren't exactly pulling an El Chapo and giving anything back to the people....this is not a Robin Hood type of gangsterism this is a National Security threat to Mexico and their Military has proven to be unable logistically or incapable due to corruption of responding in their peoples defens...so it is time to ask Trump and Friends for HELP.....with cell phones and the internet today anyone can rat out the bad guys and never be caught so if you make it PROFITABLE IN TODAYS WORLD people WILL HELP OUT AND THEN NO ONE CAN HIDE ANYWHERE ON EARTH FOR THERE IS TECHNOLOGY EVERYWHERE.....make it like a Global Lottery where people win massive amounts of money for giving key data to catching big criminals...social media is the best crime fighting tool ever because it allows you to involve the people with no risk to them.

posted on Jun, 22 2018 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Oldtimer2

I'm thinking the US has much invested in Mexico and all of south and central America,the CIA has infiltrated much of it since the 60's,the CIA is the drug lord,these clowns they display are very minimal,and they have the Catholic church helping them,how do you think MS-13 got so big,they are the US hitmen,when they want to infiltrate,they call in their army,war on drugs is a facade

So you are saying we are ready to go big time?

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join