It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Uni students given 24h to vacate dorms so migrants can live there

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 08:48 AM
link   

The La Florida dormitory was chosen by the regional government of Valencia to host around a hundred unaccompanied children

The students, who reportedly pay as much as 750 euros per month for the accommodations, were told to vacate the rooms within 24 hours

The mother of one of the students told the network that her son was told that all students had to leave La Florida because the migrant children were likely to have “many diseases” and posed a health risk.
Source

As many of us know, the migrant situation in Europe is completely out of control. Now students at a Spanish university are being given just 24 hours to vacate their dorm rooms, some costing the students up to 750 euros ($868) per month, so that around a hundred migrants can move in and live there free of charge. These students are attempting to educate themselves and do something with their lives, spending their hard-earned money to do so, and now their government tells them they have 24 hours to drop everything and find another place to live so that migrants can take their rooms.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 08:50 AM
link   
They should get to take the evicted students classes as well, and get their diploma's. Hell, why do the students need 24H, weren't they ordered to hand over their personal possessions as well. Just leave with the clothes on your back and a toothbrush.

+8 more 
posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 08:52 AM
link   
This is what they want here.

NEVER NEVER NEVER.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 08:58 AM
link   
a reply to: trollz

The way you portrayed it makes it seem that the students getting evicted lost everything. Which is not true. The school is going to cover all expenses and provide new housing.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 09:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou

The way you portrayed it makes it seem that the students getting evicted lost everything. Which is not true. The school is going to cover all expenses and provide new housing.

I know when the government uses eminent domain to seize peoples property, they pay them for it(fair market value) and cover expenses.

Still, never met anyone that had been the subject of eminent domain who was happy about it.
edit on 20-6-2018 by MisterSpock because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 09:02 AM
link   
a reply to: MisterSpock

I have never met anyone that has had that happen either. If it was to happen to me I would be super pissed.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 09:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock
They should get to take the evicted students classes as well, and get their diploma's. Hell, why do the students need 24H, weren't they ordered to hand over their personal possessions as well. Just leave with the clothes on your back and a toothbrush.

Send them to the gallows, the swines! How dare they take up immigrant housing space and resources.

(Anybody ever feel like the world is upside down?)

Since immigrants get super special treatment everywhere, I think we should all play the game too. It's musical immigrant chairs everyone! Let's get migrating!

edit on 20-6-2018 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Total out of control? Really?

"Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out."

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 09:17 AM
link   
time to let that patriarchy ya'll think is toxic loose

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Why can't they put the refugees in the "new" housing for the students ?

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 09:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1

NEVER NEVER NEVER.
Yeah I'm on the side of the conservatives that there is something amiss with the whole refugee and mass immigration thing.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 09:28 AM
link   

So why not put the kids there?

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 09:29 AM
link   

edit on 20-6-2018 by NarcolepticBuddha because: nvm I see it now

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 09:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Quetzalcoatl14

So why not put the kids there?

If I had to guess I would imagine that the housing that the students will be moving into are newer. That is the only logical thing it seems.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 09:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1

NEVER NEVER NEVER.

Seeing as corporations have been able to use emanate domain for some time (still going on), we're not far away. Not only from this, but citizens property being a joke in general.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 09:45 AM
link   
The school owns the dormitory, so it can repurpose if they wish I suppose. But if this happened to me when I was forking out over 1000 bucks a credit hour (not including room and board) to educate myself, that would piss me off.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 09:57 AM
link   
a reply to: annoyedpharmacist

I would be screaming and flipping out at everyone involved in this choice at their office and I would try to bring as many of these people and parents with me as possible

this wouldn't work in the US, Europe must have a lot of soy products in it's food, even more than we do here

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Allaroundyou

I doubt that they are newer, number 1 if it were newer,better it would announced ahead of time it's much more likely students will be spread around in a hodge podge situation, so the immigrants can all be in one place collectively. effectively quarantined especially if they are already voicing health concerns. What a mess

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 10:39 AM
link   

keep on trolling. looks like that article was cleverly worded and targeted directly at you (or the likes).

rt strikes 'ashian'

and that 'one woman' whos son goes to the school
edit on 20-6-2018 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheGreazel
Why can't they put the refugees in the "new" housing for the students ?

I bet the school is profiting somewhere. Govt/taxpayers will be paying the rent for the 'refugees', which no doubt will be more rent per person than what the school was charging the students. The school reimburses the students their cheaper rent, and pockets the difference.

Screw the disruption and inconvenience to students. Greed/profits/money is more important than mere humans.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join