It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

House GOP plan would cut Medicare, Social Security to balance budget

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 06:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

Cats and dogs living together?

Your showing your age.8P

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 06:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

Except... everyone is doing better in America right now, even the welfare recipients.

I am not doing better. I am not doing any worse ether.

But then again I have been great for the last 12 years or so. Had nothing to do with the government.
The only thing that has made my life even better recently was the ACA.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Then they'd better be prepared to give back every penny I paid them because that was mine they were supposed to hold for me til I'm eligible to collect it.

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 08:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

"Social Security comes in for more modest cuts of $4 billion over the decade
"

modest cuts for Social Security...only because the Govt. has been using Stealth Social-Security Cuts for at least the last 7 Administrations....
to wit: The Annual COLA (cost of living allowence) which is computed in the 3rd Quarter every year (July-Aug-Sept) is systematically negating the realistic COLA which should Average anywhere from 2.5%-to-3% annual increase in benefits as inflation and standard-of-living costs keep rising but are not factored into the COLA Formula or Equasion

~see 'Shadow Stats dot Com', the J. Williams site to see the rip-offs being done to everyone's retirement checks by the stacked deck in figuring COLAs for the last 3 decades at least...the Congress don't give a dam because they are exempt from pay raise limits & have a special retirement program for lawmakers outside of social security system...only their income after serving as elected officials is subject to Social Security (AKA; Double Dipping)

posted on Jun, 21 2018 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Even the hint of reducing the SS and medicare will doom the GOP to obscurity.

Geezers only care about one thing....AARP is more powerful than you can even imagine.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 08:39 AM
link   
a reply to: St Udio

I had to respond concerning my earlier post....

here is a factual source on the COLA calculation -fraud- the SSA & the BLS force upon the 20-30 million Social Security Recipients every year, to cheat them out of a standard-of-living which is slowly being pulled out from under their feet...

Social Security Benefits Buy 34 Percent Less Than In 2000, Study Shows
June 21, 2018

If you feel like your Social Security check doesn’t stretch as far as it once did, there’s a likely explanation for it.
Since 2000, the buying power of monthly benefits has fallen by more than a third, according to an annual report released Thursday by the Senior Citizens League, an advocacy group based in Alexandria, Virginia.

In other words, the cost of goods and services common among retirees have collectively risen faster than the cost-of-living adjustment, or COLA, that Social Security recipients get every year.

source: www.jsmineset.com...

sometimes it takes time for news items to catch up to my items/allegations i post...i know the facts and can't quite cite any particular 'source' right-then-and-there --- but i don't fabricate the items/facts that i post...
so there you have it--> COLAs have been 34% deficient (on purpose) since Y2K.... the Congress peoples need their 'special retirement' decreased by the same amount on their government paid contributions....them frigg'in slime-balls

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join