It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO's filmed from Elon Musk's car, floating in space

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 05:06 AM
link   
Take a look at the second video you posted in the OP.
1:10 bottom right. Put that in perspective

Also, Jim asked you to think about your statements regarding the size of the moon compared to the earth.

The moon is commonly described as 1/4 the size of Earth. So if the car cameras did capture the moon, we'd expect it to look about 1/4 the size of the images of Earth.

So going by this logic the sun can fit 1.3 million earths. So why isn't the sun filling up the entire sky?
Could it be.... relative size and distance?? Nah can't be

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 08:52 AM
link   
quote originally posted by: peacefulpete
…. If we can believe NASA enough, then there is always a constant activity of rocks and small ice chunks floating by, all the time.

close quote

quotev
I must have missed where NASA said that, can you direct me to a NASA link that makes such claims, please?
close quote

you wrote: All I was referring to is the common idea that space is full of rocks and chunks of ice that are always flying around.

What are you finding objectionable there?

How do you figure this is a 'common idea' and what did NASA ever say to give you that impression? You attribute it to them, please show us you didn't just imagine or misunderstand it. If you misspoke, admit it and we can move on.

I don't recall anybody ever saying that these 'mysterious' [to you] dots seen in space videos were rocks or chunks of ice. Ice flakes, or 'ice crystals', yeah.

OK, once there WAS a chunk of frozen urine -- the famous 'pissicle' -- hanging on a dump valve of an early shuttle flight, and ice was often seen coming off the Orbiter/ET interface right after the tank was dumped in space, was that what you were referring to? They weren't just dots, they were big enough to be immediately recognized. If so, what's the controversy?
edit on 19-6-2018 by JimOberg because: ...

edit on 19-6-2018 by JimOberg because: v

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 09:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: JimOberg

originally posted by: peacefulpete
…..

The moon is known to be 1/4th the size of Earth, so if the moon is captured by the car's cameras, then we'd expect it to look about one-fourth the size of the Earth, as it appears.

Please think about this again.

hahahahahaha...good response!

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 10:07 AM
link   

ALSO around 3:30, there is a sequence of 3 separate UFO's, flashing their lights, in a shared sequence of flashing:

Maybe they're trying to pass.
S&F for a fun read even though I'm skeptical.

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 10:26 AM
link   
there are over 20,000 objects circling the earth in all shapes and sizes, some spinning, some close some father out, speeds are different, etc......my point is.....white dots don't do anything to prove anything...it's like the moving white dots on so many nighttime clips....you can CALL them anything you want, it doesn't mean they actually are...

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 10:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx
there are over 20,000 objects circling the earth in all shapes and sizes, some spinning, some close some father out, speeds are different, etc......my point is.....white dots don't do anything to prove anything...it's like the moving white dots on so many nighttime clips....you can CALL them anything you want, it doesn't mean they actually are...

Because the stuff is in criss-crossing orbits at tremendous rates, I doubt if ANYTHING imaged on the early space missions or shuttle missions or the ISS are traditional 'space junk' in other orbits. I've coined the term 'space dandruff' as an analogy -- if it's on your shoulders it most likely came from your head [ok, maybe a bird]. and most folks are just unfamiliar with the idea that space vehicles are shedding or spitting stuff all the time and the stuff usually drifts along with the vehicle for minutes or even hours, unless hit by a thruster pulse.

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 10:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jubei42
Take a look at the second video you posted in the OP.
1:10 bottom right. Put that in perspective

Also, Jim asked you to think about your statements regarding the size of the moon compared to the earth.

The moon is commonly described as 1/4 the size of Earth. So if the car cameras did capture the moon, we'd expect it to look about 1/4 the size of the images of Earth.

So going by this logic the sun can fit 1.3 million earths. So why isn't the sun filling up the entire sky?
Could it be.... relative size and distance?? Nah can't be

1:10 second video posted: I see some small lights flying up, which I would have thought were rocks or ice chunks, etc. I'm sorry, I don't know what you mean by pointing that out.

Re: The talk of size shrinking from distance: Yes, of course that's how perspective works.

The problem is that the Earth is huge all throughout the 4-hour footage, which does not suggest that the moon would appear as a tiny, brownish rock with a glowing red spot lol.

Here is the actual LIVE footage from his car, all 4 hours of it.

Look at how huge the Earth still is, at the end of 4 hours. That alone suggests that the moon would appear much bigger than that small UFO.

I don't think the moon appears anywhere in the 4-hour footage but I'd love to be proven wrong if someone can spot it, in the 4-hr footage.

There's definitely a lot more strangeness to find in that footage.

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Maybe the aliens are deciding if they want to buy one so are checking the car .

Of all the space videos I have seen this takes the cake the bollons the whole party .
Ps The REal reason he put it in space is have you ever tried finding long tearm parking in New York ? lol

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: peacefulpete

Look at how huge the Earth still is, at the end of 4 hours. That alone suggests that the moon would appear much bigger than that small UFO.

That alone suggests.........?

How so?

have far away from the earth is the car and how far away is the car from the moon?

Think hard, its a tough one.

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: JimOberg

quote originally posted by: peacefulpete
…. If we can believe NASA enough, then there is always a constant activity of rocks and small ice chunks floating by, all the time.

close quote

quotev
I must have missed where NASA said that, can you direct me to a NASA link that makes such claims, please?
close quote

you wrote: All I was referring to is the common idea that space is full of rocks and chunks of ice that are always flying around.

What are you finding objectionable there?

How do you figure this is a 'common idea' and what did NASA ever say to give you that impression? You attribute it to them, please show us you didn't just imagine or misunderstand it. If you misspoke, admit it and we can move on.

I don't recall anybody ever saying that these 'mysterious' [to you] dots seen in space videos were rocks or chunks of ice. Ice flakes, or 'ice crystals', yeah.

OK, once there WAS a chunk of frozen urine -- the famous 'pissicle' -- hanging on a dump valve of an early shuttle flight, and ice was often seen coming off the Orbiter/ET interface right after the tank was dumped in space, was that what you were referring to? They weren't just dots, they were big enough to be immediately recognized. If so, what's the controversy?

I don't know what the controversy is either. I just referred to rocks and ice chunks floating around in space. You disagree that there are rocks and ice chunks floating in space?

Are you focusing on the phrasing, that they're "ice flakes" and "ice crystals" instead of "ice chunks?"

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 11:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: InhaleExhale

How so?

have far away from the earth is the car and how far away is the car from the moon?

Think hard, it's a tough one why you don't watch the LIVE FOOTAGE I just posted, and see how the Earth fills the whole frame, which suggests the moon would appear much bigger than the tiny object pointed out in the OP.

It doesn't require calculating exact miles. The moon would be proportionate to the Earth, which appears huge.

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 11:17 AM
link   

How so?

Think hard, it's a tough one why you don't watch the LIVE FOOTAGE I just posted, and see how the Earth fills the whole frame, which suggests the moon would appear much bigger than the tiny object pointed out in the OP.

It doesn't require calculating exact miles. The moon would be proportionate to the Earth, which appears huge.

WOW

thanks for the edumecation

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 11:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx

OK cool.

To summarize the content of the OP again:

1. UFO that flashes a strobe light in a pattern of flashing a few times, pausing, flashing, pausing, etc. Just like an airplane's flying lights.

2. A small object with a spot that's glowing fiery red / orange.

3. A sequence of objects flashing IN SEQUENCE WITH EACH OTHER. The largest object shows a structure of 2 separate glowing sections.

Those 3 things are certainly more exotic than just "white dots" lol. Did you even glance at any of the videos in the OP?

edit on 19-6-2018 by peacefulpete because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 11:20 AM
link   

How so?

WOW

thanks for the edumecation

The Earth is bigger than the frame; therefore the moon would also look huge. Did you even look at the live footage that I just posted?

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 11:28 AM
link   

The Earth is bigger than the frame; therefore the moon would also look huge.

Yeah if the moon was as close as the earth is to the car but its not unless the moon has moved to a few 1000 km away from us instead of few 100,000 kms.

Did you even look at the live footage that I just posted?

why?

The problem is that the Earth is huge all throughout the 4-hour footage, which does not suggest that the moon would appear as a tiny, brownish rock with a glowing red spot lol.

Why?

because when you see the moon from inside the atmosphere its looks big?

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 11:34 AM
link   

The Earth is bigger than the frame; therefore the moon would also look huge.

Yeah if the moon was as close as the earth is to the car but its not unless the moon has moved to a few 1000 km away from us instead of few 100,000 kms.

Did you even look at the live footage that I just posted?

why?

Why?

because when you see the moon from inside the atmosphere its looks big?

The live footage shows the Earth, bigger than the frame, and from there, we can conclude that the moon would appear as proportional to the huge Earth image.

It's really as simple as that.

And that's the reason you should glance at the live footage (directly from SpaceX).

The object you're calling the moon, is way too small, in relation to the huge image of the Earth, throughout all 4 hours of live footage.

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 11:44 AM
link   

The live footage shows the Earth, bigger than the frame, and from there, we can conclude that the moon would appear as proportional to the huge Earth image. It's really as simple as that.

If you say so.

The object you're calling the moon, is way too small, in relation to the huge image of the Earth, throughout all 4 hours of live footage.

I haven't called any object the moon.

I am replying to things you are saying that don't make sense.

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 12:22 PM
link   

The live footage shows the Earth, bigger than the frame, and from there, we can conclude that the moon would appear as proportional to the huge Earth image. It's really as simple as that.

If you say so.

I haven't called any object the moon.

I am replying to things you are saying that don't make sense.

Not "if I say so."

Rather, "if your eyes say so." Look at the live video from SpaceX, and you can SEE the huge image of the Earth, which obviously suggests that the moon would also appear large, to be proportionate.

And I thought your whole point was that the small UFO was the moon.

Let's face it, you don't have a point, do you?

Is your point that you don't think the moon would appear as proportionate to the Earth? Without even looking at the video that we're discussing?

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Rather, "if your eyes say so." Look at the live video from SpaceX, and you can SEE the huge image of the Earth, which obviously suggests that the moon would also appear large, to be proportionate.

If the Moon was the same distance,

But its not.

You even said you understand what perspective is but everything you say suggests you don't.

I think that was someone else point, try following who and what you are replying too, saves you any confusion.

You just quoted why I am posting, about things you have said in this thread, not the video.

Is your point that you don't think the moon would appear as proportionate to the Earth? Without even looking at the video that we're discussing?

I haven't watched it.

But to ask what the moon would appear like,

If you were in near earth orbit like the car and you looked at the moon it would look like a small glowing circle in the distance not like it does when viewing through the atmosphere.

NO,

for the 3rd time

If you read whats posted I was asking about points you make that don't make sense.

posted on Jun, 19 2018 @ 12:54 PM
link   

If the Moon was the same distance,

But its not.

You even said you understand what perspective is but everything you say suggests you don't.

I think that was someone else point, try following who and what you are replying too, saves you any confusion.

You just quoted why I am posting, about things you have said in this thread, not the video.

I haven't watched it.

But to ask what the moon would appear like,

If you were in near earth orbit like the car and you looked at the moon it would look like a small glowing circle in the distance not like it does when viewing through the atmosphere.

NO,

for the 3rd time

If you read whats posted I was asking about points you make that don't make sense.

Man your posts are just nonsense.

The moon would be expected to be proportionate to the Earth.

It's not related to what distance the car is. The moon would still be somehow proportionate to the image of the Earth.

I think that was someone else point, try following who and what you are replying too, saves you any confusion. You just quoted why I am posting, about things you have said in this thread, not the video.

Well you seemed to jump into the argument of the small UFO being the moon, so I thought that was your whole point. Now I think you don't have any point at all. You jumped into that topic, then said that the topic you jumped into, wasn't your topic.

And in the bigger picture, this whole thread is about the videos in the OP, or if not, there's the actual uncut SpaceX live footage.

If you're unwilling to look at any of the videos (which is the point of the thread) then you're automatically making your presence here pointless.

The point is to discuss the videos that you're not watching lol. Enjoy your intentional ignorance.

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join