It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Orangutan Filmed Attacking Machinery As It’s Home Is Destroyed.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Don’t really have much to add. This may be one of the saddest things I’ve seen in a while. What are we doing?

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 05:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: jtrenthacker
Don’t really have much to add. This may be one of the saddest things I’ve seen in a while. What are we doing?

I saw the same thing happen to human beings in low income housing and poor neighborhoods during Katrina. No one cried for them either.

Sad really.
edit on 7-6-2018 by GuidedKill because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 05:57 PM
link   
a reply to: GuidedKill

Uuuuh...what?

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 05:59 PM
link   
What are "we" doing?

Building the desk you may be sitting at right now.

Don't complain about environmental destruction while you're complicit in it. Everyone wants to clean up the world, but no one wants to give anything up to do it.

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: jtrenthacker

Yes, pretty sad. Wonder if the guy who made the video went to the authorities. Also wonder how a bulldozer made all its way to the forest unnoticed. Someone got money under the table ?

edit on 7-6-2018 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Uuuuh...what?

People who were displaced or evacuated by the storm came home to find their houses being destroyed by the city of New Orleans. Never to be rebuilt again and have the land sold to rich developers so they could force the poor people out of the neighborhood. Some people who have lived there for generations.

They tried to fight bulldozers and excavators too. They lost.

link   
a reply to: NthOther

I understand we need to make things. This was a forest in Borneo under protection. They were logging illegally. I’m all for responsible capitalism.

link   

originally posted by: Trueman

Yes, pretty sad. Wonder if the guy who made the video went to the authorities. Also wonder how a bulldozer made all its way to the forest unnoticed. Someone got money under the table ?

It’s an excavator to be fair. They are used in heavy construction. And can also be used to build roads. Even roads through jungles!!

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 06:03 PM
link   
a reply to: NthOther

you're complicit in it

Are you saying we're complicit in illegal logging?

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Gotcha. I feel they should relocate the whole city. It’s built on land below sea level and still sinking. Recipe for disaster.

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Gotcha. I feel they should relocate the whole city. It’s built on land below sea level and still sinking. Recipe for disaster.

That’s another argument. But don’t destroy people’s homes to move them. Especially if the home didn’t even get damaged or flooded.

Imagine showing back up to your house and seeing no damage to anything. Only to be blocked by police while an excavator like in the video destroys all your belongings. They didn’t even let people back in the get their stuff that wasn’t damaged.

And that’s here in America..... to fellow human beings.

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Looks like they darted the ape. Probably would have given that excavator a run for it’s money. Especially if he’d torn the arms off of the operator and crushed the others with the bucket. We need to get these orangutans some ar-15s so they can defend themselves.

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 06:17 PM
link   
humanity is such trash, all for pieces of cotton that make you feel good about yourself

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 06:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: GuidedKill

originally posted by: Trueman

It’s an excavator to be fair. They are used in heavy construction. And can also be used to build roads. Even roads through jungles!!

unimportant subject.
edit on 7-6-2018 by SeaWorthy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 06:21 PM
link   
This reminds me of the first bigfoot sightings story about the tracks and damage done to the equipment which has happened more than once. They don't like logging either.

Also reminds me of the movie Avitar.

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 06:23 PM
link   
The Last Biosphere:
Concrete, cockroaches, and landfills...

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 06:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: muzzleflash
The Last Biosphere:
Concrete, cockroaches, and landfills...

And maybe low IQ humans.

Idiocracy isn't too far off.

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 06:39 PM
link   
a reply to: RowanBean

Is that a real picture, because if it is the movie WallE was not far off the mark either.

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 06:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
a reply to: RowanBean

Is that a real picture, because if it is the movie WallE was not far off the mark either.

It's from the movie Idiocracy. But yeah I agree about Wall-E.

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 06:56 PM
link   
They must have missed their eviction notice. Damn post office.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join