It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So... this happened....

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Was sitting at dinner. I face the sink, which had a cookie sheet, a pot, and the drain hose from the dishwasher sitting in it. I suddenly heard a whistle, and before I could say "Who's whistling?", the cookie sheet sounded like someone had flicked their finger into the back of it, hard. It hadn't moved, since I was looking right at it at the time, and it wasn't cooling. It's been a while since a moment like this has happened, and caught me completely off guard. Wife (and cats) heard the cookie sheet, but she didn't hear the whistle. Cats were not commenting on the whistling.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 08:37 PM
link   
starr and flagg dude....YOU LIAR

did it really? I gotta say strange stuff is showing itself nowadays.

edit on 30-5-2018 by GBP/JPY because: (no reason given)

or anyway since 1999 strange is in

since 1999 when I saw the 400 foot cigar over Dallas

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 08:42 PM
link   
It sounds like an evil sprit. Just kidding. Probably just some whistling past the graveyard. But it sounds surprising to say the least. Have you ever seen a ghost?. reply to: wylekat

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 08:45 PM
link   
What kind of cookies?

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 08:47 PM
link   
a reply to: wylekat

My first thought to potentially debunk your mystery would be the air kicking on. The air over and under could create a whistling noise followed by a resonate air wave that caught enough air underneath to essentially jump out the back side. I don't know your housing set up or other possible variables to infer any further, but mystical provenance would be my last conclusion.
edit on 5/30/2018 by TheLead because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Probably just an inter dimensional alien partaking in the spirit molecule. It makes them ghosts in our reality and us ghosts in theirs.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 08:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: GBP/JPY

I hope it was a Cuban...

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Eating dinner over the kitchen sink is a lot like pissing in the shower.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 08:56 PM
link   
a reply to: apydomis

Have you ever seen a ghost?

To quote Zeddmore from Ghostbusters- I have seen **** that'd turn ya white. So far, my list is missing Sasquatch and Nessie. You name it, You can't name it, because you'd never think of it, I've most likely seen it, experienced it, and at this point sworn at it mightily for screwing around with me.

I never believed in much of anything supernatural once upon a time...

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 08:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
What kind of cookies?

None- it was drying in the sink

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 08:59 PM
link   
we're not supposed to piddle in the shower?....idn'tk

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 09:00 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Effecient?

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 09:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheLead
a reply to: wylekat

My first thought to potentially debunk your mystery would be the air kicking on. The air over and under could create a whistling noise followed by a regenerative air way that caught enough air underneath to essentially jump out the back side. I don't know your housing set up or other possible variables to infer any further, but mystical provenance would be my last conclusion.

Our a/c (finally) works right- no thanks to the maintenance guy. I don't think it was on, tho. The whistling also sounded like it was directly behind me- but that would put it by our kid's door. She's 5 and doesn't whistle. She makes fart noises when she's being a smart alec. My first immediate thought was "Cookie sheet cooling?", since they do like to make a noise akin to a car wreck, but I realized dinner was free of stuff that goes on the thing. Plus, it was in the sink.

I also did an exact imitation of the whistle- which kinda creeped me out as well.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 09:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
Eating dinner over the kitchen sink is a lot like pissing in the shower.

I was at the table, not eating over the sink. I don't have the coordination to accomplish a stunt like that.

Besides- my cat would be helping me lose food.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 09:10 PM
link   
a reply to: GBP/JPY

Mine's been cranking since 1991. Started with a horrific dream, and then waking to a grey grinning in my face. I swung at him for all I was worth, after letting loose a truly award winning scream.

After that, things went merrily to hell. >_< There were lulls in the lunacy, at least.

posted on May, 30 2018 @ 09:18 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Economical?

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Ever seen those fracking videos where gas shoots from the taps?

Could the whistle be caused by gas travelling your water pipes?

posted on May, 31 2018 @ 04:55 AM
link   
Dunno what all that was about, but my personal rule of thumb ...

If "something" happens an the cats react, it isn't just me. Not like I get any answers, but it helps identify direction of "event" an anything that gets their little undies into a wad can't be good.

Barring of course the inevitable raccoon fights, red fox snagging a mouse, or other normal noises that can be just below my level of hearing. An yes, some raccoon brawls start out low level before going super-sonic.

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 06:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: wylekat
a reply to: GBP/JPY

Mine's been cranking since 1991. Started with a horrific dream, and then waking to a grey grinning in my face. I swung at him for all I was worth, after letting loose a truly award winning scream.

After that, things went merrily to hell. >_< There were lulls in the lunacy, at least.

I read that as "waking up to a grey grinding in my face" and thought, "They've loosened up."

posted on Jun, 1 2018 @ 06:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Caver78
Dunno what all that was about, but my personal rule of thumb ...

If "something" happens an the cats react, it isn't just me. Not like I get any answers, but it helps identify direction of "event" an anything that gets their little undies into a wad can't be good.

Barring of course the inevitable raccoon fights, red fox snagging a mouse, or other normal noises that can be just below my level of hearing. An yes, some raccoon brawls start out low level before going super-sonic.

Animals reacting in similar fashion is a pretty good indicator.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join