It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN - Clapper - Comey - CONSPIRED to Keep President-Elect TRUMP From Being Sworn In on 1.20.2017

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Again, it is not the FBI's job to 'decide guilt or innoncence'

Fair enough -- I didn't spell it out every time. Let me do so now: It was not McCain's job to investigate the charges, nor to decide guilt or innocence. It was/is the FBI's job to investigate and determine if there is enough evidence to press charges.

As for Maxine Waters - well I am comparing here to an 'official' that passed the dossier to McCain.
Why would that official be any more of an official and be any more trustworthy than a Congresswoman?

Because you did not include that Maxine Waters received the information from a professional investigator... that is the difference. Hence my specific correlation of Maxine with M16 and not the diplomat.

Further, my greater concern is with the process -- not the people. If it weren't these people, it could/would be other people. At least in theory, we establish tried and true procedures and protocols to ensure a fair and just system of investigation and prosecution. In accordance with these procedures and protocols, some information/allegations are given more credibility than others. For example, the assertions of a government diplomat or congresswoman with a written report purportedly documenting specific dates, places, people and incidents... as opposed to the non-sourced and non-substantiated accusations of an anonymous source. In practice, it seems that these systems and procedures have been exploited and compromised to create the illusion of substance and evidence.

(for another thread, but somebody being an 'official' does not make them credible or trustworthy).

Hence the importance of fair and just procedures and protocols for investigation of any/all allegations.

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

Better question is: why is Steele, who clearly still wants to play spy, no longer employed by MI6?

Was he discharged for misconduct? Illegal activity?

Steele is a dishonorable traitor. Pretty incompetent too, from what I can tell. Another "intelligence" person who failed to bring down our President.

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

Mackseene Waters is a filthy piece of human excrement. After watching her bat her giant-yet-oddly-misshapen mouth at a congressman the other day, I realized she's nothing more than a loudmouth, racist dirt bag.

No Max, you will yield because you don't run congress. You're the MINORITY party, AKA you shut your mouth and listen to those who actually know what they're talking about.

it seems that these systems and procedures have been exploited and compromised to create the illusion of substance and evidence.

Sounds about right!!

As a Constitutionalist, I can see this rising to the level of "national emergency/martial law/suppress insurrection/restore Republican order" Keep in mind, Article 4 Section 4 of our Constitution states:

The United States shall guarantee to every State in this Union a Republican Form of Government, and shall protect each of them against Invasion; and on Application of the Legislature, or of the Executive (when the Legislature cannot be convened) against domestic Violence.

edit on 5/23/2018 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 11:17 AM
link   

I will kindly direct you back to my comment about mcstain bringing every piece of rubbish to the fbi director.

And? So? Because you have any idea whatsoever what all McCain has or has not turned over to the FBI? No. You know about this. Nothing more and nothing less. So you can assume all you want... you can accuse all you want... but you ain't got nothing but your own hate to back it up. Further, it doesn't freaking matter what McCain has or has not done in any other situation. We're talking about this situation.

Steele knew it was unverified and that is all that matters.

So Steele's a tool too. Has absolutely nothing to do with what McCain did or did not know at the time, and you damn well know it.

Mcstain wanted to be "the one to bring trump down". That was the ONLY reason he participated.

Maybe... maybe not. But you sure as hell don't know that. You sure presume much though.

It is a trashy backhanded play by trashy people. If this was so "legit" why didn't steele bring this to the brits?

Good question. And as I've asked previously, was there some protocol or procedure by which British officials can report such information to their own agencies to be passed on to US officials via proper channels? If so, why wasn't the protocol followed? If not, shouldn't there be?

It's not about McCain. He was just a tool. If McCain were Hillary and Trump were Obama in the same exact circumstances, but Hillary had decided to just sit on that information, I would be looking at it exactly the same way. What should have been done? What is the appropriate response under the circumstances?

It's about the process. NOT the people.

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

Mackseene Waters is a filthy piece of human excrement. After watching her bat her giant-yet-oddly-misshapen mouth at a congressman the other day, I realized she's nothing more than a loudmouth, racist dirt bag.

And always has been...

As a Constitutionalist, I can see this rising to the level of "national emergency/martial law/suppress insurrection/restore Republican order" Keep in mind, Article 4 Section 4 of our Constitution...

I'm right there with you. The implications and inevitabilities of this unchecked exploitation -- and extortion -- are downright terrifying for a guaranteed Constitutional Republic form of government. These deep state games are destroying lives and can only ensure that good people don't have a chance in politics and only the slimiest and scummiest of swamp creatures will rise to the top.

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 11:31 AM
link   

I never though you were defending McCain, I kind of took your questions as rhetorical.

You might as well as a cow why it chews its cud.

It's just what they do.

Why did McCain play the game?

He doesn't know much else after all the years embroiled in it.

You used the perfect word to describe this whole mess, "contrived."

It's all a huge straw man/ad hom against Trump.

Strange how all of his wickedness never mattered until he decided to run for president.

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Duplicate post.

First time that's happened to me in a long time.
edit on 23-5-2018 by jadedANDcynical because: Dupe

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: jadedANDcynical

Why did McCain play the game?

He doesn't know much else after all the years embroiled in it.

I think that's the scariest thing of all about McCain... he never sees a problem for which there's any answer except "government"... and more often than not bombs. He was raised by a military man in a military family and has spent his whole life in government. It's all he knows.

You used the perfect word to describe this whole mess, "contrived."

It's all a huge straw man/ad hom against Trump.

Strange how all of his wickedness never mattered until he decided to run for president.

Perhaps because they always assumed Trump was "one of them"? I'm wondering just how much Trump really knows about these critters from decades of running in the same elite private circles... like Schneiderman...

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 12:03 PM
link   

And? So? Because you have any idea whatsoever what all McCain has or has not turned over to the FBI?

I quoted from mcstains soon to be released book.
I would expect that to be a credible source on mcstain and what he knew and when.

You know about this. Nothing more and nothing less. So you can assume all you want... you can accuse all you want... but you ain't got nothing but your own hate to back it up

Once again I will kindly direct you back to the sourced quotes from mcstains book.
Unless those are now "nothing" as you so eloquently posted.

So Steele's a tool too.

So then there is no disagreement as to the dubious beginning of the so called "investigation"?
Again, it was no more than a backhanded play to attempt bringing down the POTUS.

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: notsure1

Would you spare me these jabs. Your opinion of me doesn't matter.
Try sticking to the thread subject ok.

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 12:22 PM
link   
More made up comey good times it appears....
www.thegatewaypundit.com...

FBI Agent at Mike Flynn Interrogation Is Ready to Testify Against McCabe, Strzok and Comey!

Interesting demand.

Grassley demanded the FBI and DOJ produce the transcript of Flynn’s intercepted calls with Russian Ambassador Kislyak and the related 302’s by May 25th. (302’s are reports FBI agents take to summarize an interview with a subject.)

uh oh this appears to be going off the rails.....

The recently unredacted portion of the House Intel report revealed Comey testified to House Intel members the FBI agents who ambushed Flynn did not detect any deception.

Under oath?

The report also revealed the illegal leak of Flynn’s phone call with Kislyak is what allowed the FBI/DOJ to keep a counterintel operation open on General Flynn.

illegal leak???
why a counterintel op and not a criminal op???

So Grassley wants to see the notes of these people and he wants to interview the one agent who was there who was very, very, very serious about how Flynn did not deceive. That agent that he wants to interview is the agent who went to the Inspector General and complained about the conduct of Strzok and McCabe.

oh no
If this agent has already gone to the IG it is game over for the "investigation" and those who pursued it.

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 12:27 PM
link   

My apologies for not understanding that you were quoting from McCain's book. Obviously, McCain's words will stand on their own merit.

So then there is no disagreement as to the dubious beginning of the so called "investigation"?

Of course not. I've said all along that it all felt contrived. Trump said "set up." Same thing.

We're just arguing about McCain's role in it.

Again, it was no more than a backhanded play to attempt bringing down the POTUS.

Definitely; or at the very least to control him in office via blackmail/extortion. But Trump didn't submit; instead, Trump has poked the bear every step of the way. His tweets, for example, have been pointed and purposeful since day one, no matter how they appear or have been portrayed.

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 12:34 PM
link   

No wonder Bueller keeps asking for delays in Flynn's "sentencing".

😎🔓🔑

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 01:30 PM
link   

At this point, it's all a spectator sport. The leftovers can cry, make threads, even long winded ones. but the ball is rolling and already over the hill, it's gravity at this point and moving in the correct direction. I sincerely hope that those who are found to have broke the law, are punished, so others are persuaded not to break the laws in the future.

posted on May, 23 2018 @ 08:03 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Except Rosenstein is a Trump appointee. Otherwise, plausible theory.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 01:31 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

You guys are completely neglecting U.S. Attorney John Huber from Utah. He's been parallel with the IG since last fall, and, interestingly, has access to about 450 investigators from the DOJ IG's office.

Hell... Huber has access to more firepower by far, than Mueller does. The other thing to consider with this, is, the IG already has access to a crap ton of evidence of crimes and episodes of "lack of candor".

Evidence compiled by the IG's people has very high investigative integrity, sufficient to empanel a Grand Jury... (which has sorta squeaked out... that there may well already be a Grand Jury).

We are probably going to see some nasty stuff pile up on the usurpers at DOJFBI

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 01:46 AM
link   
a reply to: dasman888

Here's an excerpt from a good article from a Salt Lake City newspaper:

United States Attorney for Utah John Huber has been investigating whether the FBI abused its authority in surveilling a former top aide to then-GOP presidential nominee Donald Trump and whether federal officials should have probed deeper into allegations of Hillary Clinton’s ties to the sale of U.S. uranium rights to a Russian-controlled company.
Full Article at: www.sltrib.com... anium-ties/

My concern is that John Huber doesn't have a large support staff like Bob Mueller. Mueller has 200 people that includes 12 prosecutors.

Huber just finished an investigation and indictment of a Utah drug running ring, in collaboration with the FBI. He's been stretched thin just taking care of UTAH issues, IMO.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 02:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: [post=23425452]carewemust

I BELIEVE the initial hope was that President-Elect Trump would be shamed into not accepting the Presidency, or (more likely) the U.S. Senate would vote to deny Trump the Presidency

I believe you are reaching with this one. There is no way Trump would not accept the Presidency and no way congress would deny him the Presidency - I’m not even sure if it would have been possible to do the latter.

All right, I checked, and as would be expected, some House Democrats did complain about inaugurating Trump but Biden shut them down and they couldn’t get anyone from the Senate to join their cause.
edit on 24amThu, 24 May 2018 02:42:19 -0500kbamkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 07:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: dwaynedabigguy

1. The Director of National Intelligence, JAMES CLAPPER, gave a copy of the FAKE Anti-Trump dossier to CNN.

Where does it state that? I cannot find anything in that letter that states Clapper gave a copy to CNN.

2. CNN told FBI Director JAMES COMEY that they wanted to release this bombshell to the public, but needed a "hook", in order to lend it credibility.

3. Comey then met with President-elect Donald Trump, and briefed him on the dossier's contents.

No it says "I said Media like CNN had them and were looking for a news hook" and he was telling Trump this. He was informing him that CNN was running with a news story and to be prepared for it. Also he there was no "AN THEN" he was explaining what he told Trump and what he told him to prepare for.

4. That evening, Comey called CNN and told them that he had briefed the President-elect. That the network could now incorporate that credibility into their "Breaking News" bombshell report.

Again where does it state that? Have you read the entire letter?

5. On January 12, 2017...just 8 days before Donald J. Trump was due to be sworn in as President of the United States, CNN published the story.

Yep but nothing in that letter is proof that the FBI and others were setting up Trump. It sounds like they prepared him for the upcoming story.

I read the entire letter and it basically sounds like they are trying to get ahead of this story and to find out who leaked it. They let Trump know that there was a dossier coming that he should be aware of but was also a way to prepare him for the coming questions about it.
Anyone who's been watching the news knows that the FBI had been trying to get Trump abd CNN has been too.

posted on May, 24 2018 @ 07:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: darkbake

originally posted by: [post=23425452]carewemust

I BELIEVE the initial hope was that President-Elect Trump would be shamed into not accepting the Presidency, or (more likely) the U.S. Senate would vote to deny Trump the Presidency

I believe you are reaching with this one. There is no way Trump would not accept the Presidency and no way congress would deny him the Presidency - I’m not even sure if it would have been possible to do the latter.

All right, I checked, and as would be expected, some House Democrats did complain about inaugurating Trump but Biden shut them down and they couldn’t get anyone from the Senate to join their cause.
Interesting Biden shut it down. What's he afraid of.....it's not cause he believes in the rule of law. But yes I think they were trying to scare him into giving it up and I bet they even tried the Stormy thing b4 it ever came out.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join