It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Tax Cut Fueling Records Stock Buybacks- not working Americans

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 08:38 AM
link   
The rich get richer, the poor get nothing, or at least very little. This tax cut was sold as help for the middle class but I don't know anyone who has benefitted yet from it. Corporations and rich people are making out like bandits, however, which is hardly surprising since that's what most of them are. Now as they cut government services to pay for the cuts more and more people are going to slide into poverty, how ironic.

money.cnn.com...

+8 more 
posted on May, 20 2018 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: CB328

What do you know of the US and it's economic system ?
I am asking to better help give you an education on what you dont know .

It is good for the economy to be in a position to buy back it's own floating stock.
Keeping a company's stock price up is what attracts investors
Investment money that goes to research in the company

Next.

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 08:57 AM
link   
that is a big fat.....DUHHHHHH.....order a large platter of s**t, set it in the middle of a buffet and let it ruin all the other food......

+4 more 
posted on May, 20 2018 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Do you have a 401k, or any dividend earning stocks? Do you work and get more in your paycheck? Im just wondering, because being in such a dour mood all the time, cant be good for your health.

Its only been 4 months more or less, and most corporations do planning out over a fiscal year...did you expect them to change course midstream immediately without planning for the adjusted taxes and what it means to their bottom line?

You are really jumping the gun as is the author of this CNN article. Hate is driving truly irrational thinking and behavior.

Hope you feel better about life soon.

+19 more 
posted on May, 20 2018 @ 08:59 AM
link   

No matter how often you say it, no matter how many times it is repeated. . .

Tax cuts are a good thing. Having more while the government takes less is a good thing.

If you really want government to have more of your money, then give it to them.

But keep your god-damned hands off of my money.

'Kay?

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 09:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: CB328
The rich get richer, the poor get nothing, or at least very little. This tax cut was sold as help for the middle class but I don't know anyone who has benefitted yet from it. Corporations and rich people are making out like bandits, however, which is hardly surprising since that's what most of them are. Now as they cut government services to pay for the cuts more and more people are going to slide into poverty, how ironic.

money.cnn.com...

It helped me by almost 5k per year
Hope the dims run on raising taxes

edit on 20/5/2018 by shooterbrody because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Just wondering, why would a company invest in itself? Unless maybe they saw potential growth. Wow, I bet that additional growth might trickle down to the middle and lower class in the form of raises and other incentives. Not to mention, a strong work force is the component that helps a company grow, and well... with the low unemployment, doesn't that mean businesses are going to have to pay a premium to keep their work force strong? Now if we could just close the border to illegal workers

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 09:11 AM
link   
I used the tax cut for my business to fund pay increases for all 52 employees.
edit on 20-5-2018 by Nickn3 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Tax cuts are a good thing. Having more while the government takes less is a good thing.

No it isn't. Government spends money on people and hiring businesses to do work, work that is needed for society like fixing roads. IT's a double win because everyone gets services they need, while workers for those companies and the government get good paying jobs.

Not taxing the rich is like not making your kids go to school or get a job. It just makes them more spoiled and selfish.

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 09:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

money.cnn.com...

It helped me by almost 5k per year
Hope the dims run on raising taxes

ALL ships rise when the tide comes in!

I paid a lot in taxes over what my employer gave, they made a mistake and it was hard to tell how bad until it got close to the end when I could change with-holding. I was able to get it closer to what they should've been taking out., By then the tax cut was passed and I could see light at the end of the tunnel for this tax season. Thank God! I will get more in my paycheck that won't be needed to save for next April tax day, oh yea!!!
edit on 20-5-2018 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 09:14 AM
link   

OK, then what is your solution? Give the money to the people? Obama did that with his stimulus package and it had no long-term affect, AND we are still massively in debt. This article will explain it for ya....and notice it was written 3 years after the fact, so in other words, judging such a program a couple months afterwards is pretty assinine. Lets wait a couple years....then shred away if need be. The vast majority of the money was used to pay down debts and or borrowing by the states. Not stimulate the economy.

media.hoover.org...
edit on 20-5-2018 by lakenheath24 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Government spends money...

Truer words were never spoken.

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 09:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Government spends money...

Truer words were never spoken.

But Government spending is not always wisely done.

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 09:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Justoneman
But Government spending is not always wisely done.

That was kind of my point.

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 09:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

No matter how often you say it, no matter how many times it is repeated. . .

If you really want government to have more of your money, then give it to them.

But keep your god-damned hands off of my money.

'Kay?

This isn't necessarily true if you decrease the value of currency and increase prices.

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 09:25 AM
link   

seriously, get a job if you need money, rather than some government service...not enough? Improve yourself and get a better job...cant do that? Get a second job.

Theres no guarentees when you are born, in life you respond to what is required, you dont go looking for who has what you want and insist they give it to you.

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 09:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket

seriously, get a job if you need money, rather than some government service...not enough? Improve yourself and get a better job...cant do that? Get a second job.

Theres no guarentees when you are born, in life you respond to what is required, you dont go looking for who has what you want and insist they give it to you.

This may be true. However it isn't always the case when you have extreme corruption and an oligarchy or corporatism system. The consolidation of wealth is often an indicator of corruption..like lobyists writing the majority of laws by bribing congress. Of course fixing that isn't by giving away hump back whales and ponies bit it isn't always as simple as buckle down either.

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: luthier

I hear you, but forking over more to those very corrupt individuals certainly isnt the answer.

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Would you say that you have many friends off line, in the real world. Like real friends, not Facebook friends? So many people got to give less taxes to the federal governement. If you have real-real world friends, it’s almost impossible for you not to know someone tax cuts helped. If the tax cuts allowed the average American to take their kids to their local amusement park, without sacraficing something else, that’s a a big deal. If the average American could now subscribe to Netflix for family time, without sacraficing, that’s a big deal.

Plus, you know no retirees who are living off the stock market?

You might want to turn off the computer and go out in the real world and increase your real life friend total. It would probably make you happier and healthier too

posted on May, 20 2018 @ 09:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket
a reply to: luthier

I hear you, but forking over more to those very corrupt individuals certainly isnt the answer.

It really doesn't matter if they spend the money anyway though. It just creates a devaluation of the currency.

It's an optical illusion not reality unless the budget matches the spending. The interest alone never mind printing.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join