It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Finally discovered the true roots of evil

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Ok so that title has a pretty big promise to live up to and I am going to do my best to make it live up to it.
I know I will probably get a few haters hating and that's fine as long as their comments are kept on the subject , and they are as open-minded as they are as open-minded as they are able.

Ok so just to clarify and ensure we are on the same page I'm talking about organised evil here, The reasons for a individual's evil actions normally stem from the influence of :
organised evil ( I will go into this in a moment )
Mental health
Greed
Jealousy
Anger
(and sometimes if were honest) -Need
there may be other causes but that probably covers the bases

What is the difference between good and evil?

Good and evil are both very abstract concepts. Most philosophies accept the dualism of good and evil. Good coexists with evil and there can be no thing such as ‘good’ unless there is ‘evil’ and vice versa. From a society’s point of view, whatever is beneficial to general mankind is considered good and whatever is not in the interests of the general mankind is considered evil. Therefore, labeling any action as good or evil is clearly based upon one’s perception and judgment. Society has made laws based on precedents of what it has viewed as good and evil. However, these perceptions keep changing with different generations. For instance, it was once considered sacrilege by most societies and religions to abort a fetus. Yet, now with developments in ultrasound technology that can immediately detect any abnormality in the growth of the fetus, more and more couples are deciding to abort a fetus that is not viable as it spares both the child and the parents a lot of pain and misery. Again, the absence of light cannot be called darkness. Just because the human eye cannot penetrate through the darkness, it does not mean it is ‘dark’. What can be concluded is that the difference between good and evil is not absolute but is relative and of degree. Read more: Difference Between Good and Evil | Difference Between www.differencebetween.net...

Ok so from the above I think most of us would agree that basically Good is what is beneficial to common man and evil is what is not.

Organised evil.
Ok so where here does it come from? ....I'm gonna draw fire here but there's no other way to put it - Religion is at the heart of organised evil.
Don't get me wrong ....I am not saying those that follow a particular religion are evil... its the fact that religion creates a divide among mankind having Faith. I believe Man had a common faith... probably fairly basic, partly because we need/ want to think we are looked after and that there is a reason for life death etc ... maybe its based on a truth of a supreme being or multiple beings or maybe none at all that doesn't matter right now, Imagine a world where we all had a common purpose and had faith that we were being looked after. How do you govern such a diverse world where everyone will help out anyone else because they know when they need help it will be given back.

So along comes a guy who says to his Village, our god is the best god and the vilage on the hill worship another god that wants to rape and pillage us ...now he can manipulate his people into attacking the other village and he can take the horses and the pretty daughter he wants because it is ( his gods) will that he should .

I hope you are all following me so far? ....

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: urbanfox

I hope you are all following me so far? ....

only out of a morbid desire to see how this clusterfook ends

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 01:56 PM
link   
So before religion there was no evil?
I highly doubt that. Yes, evil is present in religious beliefs, but it can't be the root. The root is mankind.

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Everything exists in pairs. Positives and negatives...you take away evil and you will take away good. I know it's hard to fathom but this is the way it works.

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: urbanfox
So along comes a guy who says to his Village, our god is the best god and the vilage on the hill worship another god that wants to rape and pillage us ...now he can manipulate his people into attacking the other village and he can take the horses and the pretty daughter he wants because it is ( his gods) will that he should .

This sums up the Old Testament where that God told his Israelites to literally wipe out entire towns as they traversed from Egypt to their new territory.

Bit like, that daemon (Ba'al) getting todays Israelites to bomb one of their own BLOOD LINE TRIBES in Syria and now get ready to bomb Iran.

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

lol thanks for the vote of confidence

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Milkweed

nope as I said there are multiple causes for an individuals evil actions Im talking about organised evil conducted on a different level like as mentioned by Rapha

Israelites to literally wipe out entire towns as they traversed from Egypt to their new territory. and (Ba'al) getting todays Israelites to bomb one of their own BLOOD LINE TRIBES in Syria and now get ready to bomb Iran.

How many if any wars are not caused without a religious back ground

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Evil is th stripping of rights from others.

Freedom to be who and what you are is good. Others trying to suppress that natural right is evil. Politicians and religious folks can both be evil, but it isn’t a correlation.

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Using that example...
One man had to be the catalyst for that evil.
The rest where following orders from "God".
The guy who lied to the Israelites committed an evil act when he told them God had ordered them to kill.

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Sex trafficking. This would fall under your definition of "organised evil", I assume. Has nothing to do with religion.

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Lets talk about Wolfs .
One wolf will kill another wolf for many reasons . Mating -food - territory .
A female will decide she likes another male more then the one hanging around and goto him .
a male will go find more females if he could .

The difference from them and us is they dont feal Guilty the next morning . ( heck many of us dont )
As you put it sin is in the eye of the beholder . So if I passed my x wife around and we both enjoyed it - were is the sin ?
Only in your mind .

The point is you are correct sin could not exist without Intelligence to give it a name .
God needs us a lot more the we need him because without us He may as well not even exist .

I use to believe all that religion stuff but there is still one thing that is true If there is a heaven then there is a hell and heaven is empty .
For no man is righest no not one Nore women lol The bible was sexas towards men lol .

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 02:45 PM
link   

greed.

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Good coexists with evil and there can be no thing such as ‘good’ unless there is ‘evil’ and vice versa.

You said need, you are talking actions not evil. Sometimes people do socially bad things without being evil.

If I were to have to sum up the biggest cause of evil I would have to say GREED.

Greed for money
Greedy for sex
Greedy for food
Greed for power
Greed causes nearly every misery I can think of in some form.

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep

greed.

HA! Perfect and you posted while I was going on and on with the one important word!!

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Religion is man made to serve man. Religion is used for control.

A belief in a higher power or a God by itself is not evil, but can quickly become evil, if the belief is used by others to program, control, and condition the believer, to follow the ways of a particular leader or group of leaders.

Religion can most definitely be used for evil.

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Whilst people look for external source for evil it will never be conquered.

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Organized evil arises from individual evil, does it not?

It is exactly the same thing, with the same actions, beliefs, selfish motivations and consequences, but with weight of numbers.

And religion is, therefore, a rational equal and opposite common response, or mitigation, to evil of all types.

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Even doing good can be evil sometimes .

We live in a World where we have to kill to survive - Whats religion say ? - Thou Shalt not kill ? Well that's impossible just about every thing we eat we kill plants have life, Also even walking we kill , Swatting a bug , taking a breath we kill microscopic life .

This planet we live on is Evil all they way around . We live in the Hell religions speak of . So good is the root of all evil .

edit on 5/1/2018 by Gargoyle91 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 04:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: urbanfox
a reply to: Milkweed

nope as I said there are multiple causes for an individuals evil actions Im talking about organised evil conducted on a different level like as mentioned by Rapha

Israelites to literally wipe out entire towns as they traversed from Egypt to their new territory. and (Ba'al) getting todays Israelites to bomb one of their own BLOOD LINE TRIBES in Syria and now get ready to bomb Iran.

How many if any wars are not caused without a religious back ground

In the "Encyclopedia of Wars" by Charles Phillip and Alan Axelrod, more than 93% of all listed wars do not have a religious cause.

posted on May, 1 2018 @ 04:05 PM
link   
In general, "good" is anything that contributes to allowing people in a society to peacefully reproduce. "Evil" thwarts peaceful reproduction.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join