It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I loathe the new extreme cuss words used today

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 03:00 PM
link   
And it's not the typical 4 letter words. Or the bs word. Or term for butt hole either. I bet George Carlin would no doubt write a new sketch for these new cuss words.

Let's spell them out.

Snowflakes.
Conservatives.
Lefts/rights
Millennials.
Entitleds.
The Gays.
The Transgendered.
The Democrats.
The Republicans.
Gender Confused.
Liberals.
Bleeding Hearts.
The Anti's.
The the the the the...

Every single time I read or hear the above words, I can just feel the hate, the sneering, the looking down upon, the thinly veiled curse word that said used description holds.

The true way to look at humans is something like, "Its how you feel, it's how you believe. I believe differently. Life goes on, you do you, I'll do mine, let's strive for happiness because life is too short. Agree to disagree because, as a fellow human, your opinions, way of doing life, is as valid as my own. "

Man, the world would be a better place if we stopped labeling others and looking at said label as the mother of all swear words ever invented.

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: sarra1833

You forgot

"Sensitivity"

and

"Triggered"

[|🤦|]

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 03:08 PM
link   
The "gay" people chose that nickname for themselves. Much to the annoyance of traditionalists who wanted to keep using the word as a synonym for "happy".

The same applies to "Conservative", "Democrat", and "Republican". And "Liberal". And probably "transgender". People invented their own labels for themselves.

edit on 29-4-2018 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Just remember that typically it is more a reflection of the person spewing the words.These terms can tell us a good deal about the character of those using them.

In the past I occasionally used the term snowflake before getting a better grip on myself and remembering that namecalling is real childish and serves to further the divide.

Good rant. Sometimes even adults need to step back and evaluate ourselves and how we treat others. S&F

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 03:10 PM
link   

That is nothing new, is it? You have the truthers, the birthers, the commies, the n*****lovers, the man, the .. the the the the ..

- Americans have loved making up derogatory labels for groups and their members for ages, I think.

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 03:13 PM
link   

I can not relate.

I have never let words harm me.

I would rather live in a world were we are free to express ourselves however we feel we must.

Being offended by naughty words seems childish to me.

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 03:13 PM
link   

You forgot to add the word trumpsters to that list of "bad words".

And the one most used by the right on this site. Libtard.
edit on 29-4-2018 by scraedtosleep because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 03:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI
The "gay" people chose that nickname for themselves. Much to the annoyance of traditionalists who wanted to keep using the word as a synonym for "happy".

The same applies to "Conservative", "Democrat", and "Republican". And "Liberal". And probably "transgender". People invented their own labels for themselves.

If you actually believe this then I actually pity you. How naive must you be to think this is true.

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

You forgot

"Sensitivity"

and

"Triggered"

[|🤦|]

Those are the only ones I know of that bother me.

Oh, and tolerance.

+8 more 
posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Haven't you learned yet that any word can be either a title of pride or an epithet depending on the intent with which it's wielded or the way it's perceived by the person hearing it?

Words simply are. Any emotional connections we attach to them are our own alone.

On the internet, any emotional connotations you choose to attach to the word "snowflake" just to use your first example. Would almost certainly depend on three things:

1. You and your own feelings about the word.
2. Your perceptions of the person choosing to use the word.
3. The context of its usage.

So basically, you dislike the use of the word "snowflake" to describe hyper-sensitive social justice warrior types -- people whose fragile worldview depends on rooting out every perceived instance of inequity in our world. To me, a snowflake is the sort of person who cannot simply watch the movie Black Panther and celebrate it for what it is -- a movie written about a strong African-American character, full of African-American characters telling a story in a largely African/African-American culture which is a rarity these days ... and which ended up being uniquely popular with mass appeal.

Nope, to me, the snowflake is the person who proceeded to get angry about the movie and complain that it didn't also have gay African-American and/or transgender African-American characters in it in important roles. So it wasn't good enough.

That, to me, is a snowflake.

Now, knowing that about me and my ideas on snowflakes -- people who cannot be happy about anything because they are always looking for how it did not measure up their inner standards rather than celebrating how it did, you may abhor me and be inclined to be cynical about anything I write, especially concerning that particular topic.

At this point ... I've sort of my points 1 and 2 above.

However, what happens when you see me write about the following?

"The weather today totally sucks. But at least the the snowflakes are ginormous and that's pretty!"

Are you still going to hate the word and are you going to be cynical of my motives there?

This concludes circumstance #3 on my list. Do you understand how our reactions to language are mostly internal now?

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 03:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp

originally posted by: DISRAELI

If you actually believe this then I actually pity you. How naive must you be to think this is true.

Where did those word come from? Do you mean to tell me that the Democrats and Republicans were named by someone else? That "transgender" started out derogatory? Or that "Gay" was not chosen by that community to portray themselves because they didn't like faggot or homosexual? If you actually believe this then I actually pity you. How naive you must be to think this is true.

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: strongfp
It's a matter of history, really. "Liberal", "Conservative", "Republican", and "Democrat" were all official party labels deliberately adopted in the nineteenth century as self-descriptions. This is confirmed by the fact that the people covered by those labels are all happy to use them. The first two replaced the older nicknames "Whig"and "Tory".
Which reminds me, there is also a long history of labels which began as derogatory nicknames, and were then self-adopted as a kind of defiance. They include "Whig", "Tory", "Beggar" (Dutch independence), "Old Contemptible" (British expeditionary force of 1914), "Methodist", and very probably "Christian".

As for "transgenders", their enemies never needed to apply a label, because they don't believe the group exists. They think the condition is imaginary. The label was self-adopted and promoted as part of a campaign to convince the world of their "rights".

However, I suppose you belong to the "never allow the facts to get in the way of a good indignation theory" community, and perhaps such people do need a label.

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 04:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep

I can not relate.

I have never let words harm me.

I would rather live in a world were we are free to express ourselves however we feel we must.

Being offended by naughty words seems childish to me.

I guess you could say the same of smacking People around or any other mannerly conduct.
You post received stars because there are not many who care to use manners that create a caring thoughtful attitude when around others anymore.
It is a "do as you will" world now.

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Humans and our need for organization, cataloging and putting things (and people) in boxes.

What is in a name?

What is in a word?

Only an individual can answer that, anything else would be group-think.

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 04:39 PM
link   
I have to agree with the OP.

It's not very often that any of these terms are used in a way that encourages productive dialog, they usually just cause a breakdown in communication.

But I'm finding that generally people want to be heard more than they want to discuss.

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 04:46 PM
link   

you forgot The Triggered !

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 05:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: DupontDeux

That is nothing new, is it? You have the truthers, the birthers, the commies, the n*****lovers, the man, the .. the the the the ..

- Americans have loved making up derogatory labels for groups and their members for ages, I think.

I don’t and can’t believe it is only Americans that do this.

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 06:28 PM
link   
These categories were self-chosen, political and have always existed:
Conservatives.
Lefts/rights
The Gays.
The Transgendered.
The Democrats.
The Republicans.

Liberals, Bleeding Hearts. - Part of the phrase "Bleeding Heart Liberals" who like to raise taxes and spend other peoples money on good causes. The only problem is that any money spent usually ends up in government worker pension schemes and luxury offices, not the people it was meant to help.

Millenials - These categories were based on a particular birth decade; previously Generation X, Y ... Baby Boomers, Boomers

The Anti's. - As a response to any group who opposes progressive agendas

Entitleds - Others have had to work or save for years to get to where they are now without being able to complain. Now they look at the new generation who want everything

Gender Confused. - Related to the GenderQuake with all 140+ genders:
www.channel4.com...

Snowflakes - As others point out, those that get genuinely upset by the smallest thing. We don't know if it something in their medications or never having gone to summer camp. Decade ago, teenagers were turning away from the roughing it style of camp and going for those with air-conditioned dorm rooms, spas, massage and meditation lessons.

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Any label at all is a cuss word now?

You people (did I just cuss?) have lost your f# minds.

posted on Apr, 29 2018 @ 10:28 PM
link   
I like the new ATS liberal approach to name calling. You can now call someone a %^&$#, or a !$%*(* and even a ***&^, and not even get a warning or point deduction.

edit on 29-4-2018 by olaru12 because: oralje brenda

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join